PDA

View Full Version : JJ and CP3

RPS
10-21-2013, 03:24 PM
JJ and CP3 are said to have buried the hatchet.

"But when J.J. Redick joined the Los Angeles Clippers in July to become Chris Paul's new backcourt mate … well, both Redick and Paul knew it was finally time to end their dislike of each other.

"'We have actually had a chance to become real close, real quick,' Paul told Yahoo Sports. 'Who would have thought after the battles we had in college.'

"Said Redick: 'We connected right away.'"

It's impossible to know if it's genuine or not, but it seems like it may well be.

Source: http://alpha.sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--chris-paul-and-j-j--redick--now-clippers-teammates--bury-feud-065652876.html

Billy Dat
10-21-2013, 04:15 PM
I had never heard the anecdote about JJ essentially punching CP3 in the face at the Jordan camp in the summer of 2004. But, I do remember that CP3 and Coach K had to bury the hatchet when CP3 started playing for him on the 2006 World Championship team. Those Duke v Wake battles of that era were awesome, and CP3 hated that Jordan Davidson move K trotted out. CP3 is one mean cur on the court, and, as many in these threads have attested, also pretty dirty. But, by all accounts he is also a devoted teammate so I don't doubt that as soon as JJ was on his side of the fight, he picked the phone up and made the peace.

brevity
10-21-2013, 09:19 PM
I'm all for exercises in team-building, but this is ridiculous. There are reports that JJ Redick had to prove his loyalty by flying to France just to find Julius Hodge and punch him in the groin.

PSurprise
10-21-2013, 09:42 PM
I'm all for exercises in team-building, but this is ridiculous. There are reports that JJ Redick had to prove his loyalty by flying to France just to find Julius Hodge and punch him in the groin.

Hey now, that comment was below the belt!

moonpie23
10-21-2013, 10:16 PM
good.....whatever it takes....i want this to be good for JJ...

Skitzle
10-22-2013, 03:40 AM
I had never heard the anecdote about JJ essentially punching CP3 in the face at the Jordan camp in the summer of 2004. But, I do remember that CP3 and Coach K had to bury the hatchet when CP3 started playing for him on the 2006 World Championship team. Those Duke v Wake battles of that era were awesome, and CP3 hated that Jordan Davidson move K trotted out. CP3 is one mean cur on the court, and, as many in these threads have attested, also pretty dirty. But, by all accounts he is also a devoted teammate so I don't doubt that as soon as JJ was on his side of the fight, he picked the phone up and made the peace.

Don't make the Sage(blue)grouse mad it's Patrick Davidson.

Source: Patrick Davidson is an Urban legend (by Sagegrouse) (http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?8690-Patrick-Davidson-is-an-Urban-legend)

jay
10-22-2013, 07:55 AM
Hey now, that comment was below the belt!

Yeah, pretty ballsy.