PDA

View Full Version : MBB: Duke at Syracuse sold out in three minutes

Arctic Orange
10-16-2013, 06:29 PM
Anyone planning on making the trip up to the Dome in February?

blazindw
10-16-2013, 07:55 PM
I'd love to...didn't get tickets but hoping to find some!

subzero02
10-16-2013, 09:19 PM

Is there an article that you can link to confirm this?

Bluedog
10-16-2013, 09:31 PM
Is there an article that you can link to confirm this?

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2013/10/syracuse_sells_out_allotment_o.html

"It was instant," Giansante said. "I wouldn't be surprised if there were people that loaded them into their shopping cart and weren't able to get them." He said he suspected its the fastest Syracuse has sold out the Carrier Dome for single seats in school history. "I don't see how it could be faster," Giansante said.

Atlanta Duke
10-16-2013, 11:25 PM
http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2013/10/syracuse_sells_out_allotment_o.html

"It was instant," Giansante said. "I wouldn't be surprised if there were people that loaded them into their shopping cart and weren't able to get them." He said he suspected its the fastest Syracuse has sold out the Carrier Dome for single seats in school history. "I don't see how it could be faster," Giansante said.

If anyone wants to see how the market prices the relative attractiveness of UNC and Duke basketball in northern New York, there is the secondary market for tickets when both teams visit Syracuse this winter. Duke tickets look to be pricier, although that probably is impacted to some extent by the UNC game having a Saturday noon tipoff while Duke plays on Saturday night.

http://seatgeek.com/duke-blue-devils-at-syracuse-orange-basketball-tickets/ncaa-basketball/2014-02-01-6-30-pm/1750660/

http://seatgeek.com/north-carolina-tar-heels-at-syracuse-orange-basketball-tickets/ncaa-basketball/2014-01-11-12-pm/1764158/

Wildling
10-17-2013, 10:27 AM

I'll be there!

Now I need tickets :eek:

Arctic Orange
10-17-2013, 12:08 PM
Good luck!

If you guys have any questions about the Dome, hotels, or the area, lemme know.

flyingdutchdevil
10-17-2013, 12:38 PM
If anyone wants to see how the market prices the relative attractiveness of UNC and Duke basketball in northern New York, there is the secondary market for tickets when both teams visit Syracuse this winter. Duke tickets look to be pricier, although that probably is impacted to some extent by the UNC game having a Saturday noon tipoff while Duke plays on Saturday night.

http://seatgeek.com/duke-blue-devils-at-syracuse-orange-basketball-tickets/ncaa-basketball/2014-02-01-6-30-pm/1750660/

http://seatgeek.com/north-carolina-tar-heels-at-syracuse-orange-basketball-tickets/ncaa-basketball/2014-01-11-12-pm/1764158/

I'd say that Duke tickets are also pricier because:

a) many are seeing the ACC as a battle between Duke and Syracuse
b) there are a lot of Duke fans / alumni in the Northeast
c) Coach K and Boeheim share a mutual respect for each other

jimsumner
10-17-2013, 12:38 PM
Boeheim told us yesterday that this was the most anticipated game in his tenure at Syracuse.

Dev11
10-17-2013, 01:47 PM
Boeheim told us yesterday that this was the most anticipated game in his tenure at Syracuse.

It begs the question, why didn't they ever schedule home-and-home matchups when they weren't in the same league?

BD80
10-17-2013, 01:55 PM

Just a more polite way of phrasing Tom Izzo's sentiment:

“We are working to kick Kentucky’s [butt].” Izzo yelled those words at the Spartans’ Midnight Madness Event on September 27.

throatybeard
10-17-2013, 04:49 PM

Did he miss the three times he was in the National Championship game?

dball
10-17-2013, 06:35 PM

Pretty sure he referenced games at Syracuse (home games), or "most anticipated game at Syracuse during his tenure".

jimsumner
10-17-2013, 06:43 PM

Home game of course. I thought that obvious from the context.

Then again, those national title games weren't scheduled to include Syracuse four months prior. So, even without the qualifier, it might be accurate.

greybeard
10-17-2013, 08:24 PM
Boeheim's most significant contribution to Syracuse basketball to date was being a significant player in the birthing of the Big East and making the Big East into a premier conference. From nothing, there was a run that began quickly and didn't "stop" until business stopped it.

Now there is a comparable challenge--create the kind of excitement that once reigned when Louie, Big John, Rollie, Calhoun rolled into the Dome. When ballers from the East headed in late February to the Garden to settle things. The Garden! "New York City ya talk a lot, let's have a look atchya." Jagger, Gimme Shelter.

Boeheim helped create that and that is what Made Syracuse basketball. National Championships were nice, but that week at the Garden, that was war, as were the conference games that lead up to it.

Today the challenge facing Syracuse basketball is really no different. On any given night or weekend, there have to be at least a handful of great college games to be seen on Cable. Sure Syracuse vs. Duke is great basketball. But will it ever be compelling, electric? Boeheim himself doesn't have much time. And, it seems to me that he doesn't think that this new conference does either. If the New ACC is to become an amalgam of two great traditions, then this thing of theirs needs to begin when it starts. "There is a tide in the affairs of men . . . ." Can we say "war," boys and girls.