PDA

View Full Version : ACC Preseason Picks (Duke #1, Parker and Hood all-ACC)

vick
10-16-2013, 05:44 PM
The Blue Devils, who return starting guards Quinn Cook and Rasheed Sulaimon from last season’s 30-6 NCAA Regional finalist, and whose highly-touted group of newcomers includes sophomore transfer Rodney Hood and freshman Jabari Parker, received 50 of 54 first-place votes in a preseason poll of media in attendance at Wednesday’s event.

ACC newcomer Syracuse (three first-place votes) placed second in the voting, followed by North Carolina (one first-place vote) and Virginia.

Notre Dame placed fifth, followed by Pittsburgh, Maryland and Boston College. Florida State placed ninth, followed by NC State, Georgia Tech, defending ACC champion Miami, Wake Forest, Clemson and Virginia Tech.

Preseason player of the year pick was close, with C. J. Fair edging Joe Harris (can't complain about either, IMO), with Parker, Hood, and Jerian Grant all-ACC.

Full story (http://www.wralsportsfan.com/duke-picked-to-finish-1st-in-acc/13003980/)

mattman91
10-16-2013, 07:40 PM
Preseason player of the year pick was close, with C. J. Fair edging Joe Harris (can't complain about either, IMO), with Parker, Hood, and Jerian Grant all-ACC.

Full story (http://www.wralsportsfan.com/duke-picked-to-finish-1st-in-acc/13003980/)

who the hell is Maryland?

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
10-16-2013, 07:43 PM
who the hell is Maryland?

Gosh, I can't recall. Did that Stevie Franchise play there? I can't recall anything of note from them in the past 15 years or so.

subzero02
10-16-2013, 09:16 PM
Joe Harris will not win ACC poy... Write it down

JNort
10-16-2013, 11:40 PM
Joe Harris will not win ACC poy... Write it down

Tend to agree with this and I would almost always take the field. Also watch out for TJ Warren of NCSU as a dark horse for POY

Henderson
10-17-2013, 01:01 AM
I wonder who the delusional person was who picked UNC-CH to win the conference. These polls are so often like that. You get outliers that make no sense and leave you shaking your head. Like learning that a poll was conducted of American college students, and 2 percent of respondents thought Mars was a state.

lotusland
10-17-2013, 03:20 AM
I wonder who the delusional person was who picked UNC-CH to win the conference. These polls are so often like that. You get outliers that make no sense and leave you shaking your head. Like learning that a poll was conducted of American college students, and 2 percent of respondents thought Mars was a state.

that's silly everyone knows mars is a territory.

OldPhiKap
10-17-2013, 07:37 AM

I thought it was a borough in Pennsylvania.

devildeac
10-17-2013, 08:44 AM

I thought it was a borough in Pennsylvania.

I thought it was some sort of candy;).

jv001
10-17-2013, 10:18 AM

The person that voted for unc-ch is a unc journalism major. That would be a lock. GoDuke!