PDA

View Full Version : MBB: Countdown To Craziness

coot
10-15-2013, 06:32 AM
Is there a schedule of events listed for Friday before and after the game? We are interested in coming early if there are events for kids and auch?.

UrinalCake
10-15-2013, 09:31 AM
There's only a little bit of info on goduke. I'm thinking of coming out too, let's get this season kicked off already!

http://m.goduke.com/mobile/ViewArticle.dbml?atclid=209261038&DB_MENU_ID=&SPSID=&SPID=&DB_OEM_ID=4200

JNort
10-15-2013, 08:05 PM
Is there a schedule of events listed for Friday before and after the game? We are interested in coming early if there are events for kids and auch?.
Get there by 6:30 for kids stuff and to look around

Also for anyone else that can remember, could you give me an estimate of what time CTC ends? I have been before but for the life of me can not remember what time it ends. I got to drive down to myrtle beach after for our annual family reunion and would like to know how late I will be driving.

dukebballcamper90-91
10-16-2013, 05:02 PM
Any info on recruits that will be there?

minns 10
10-17-2013, 05:21 PM
It'll be my first time at Duke tomorrow, just was wondering a good place to eat and drink before CTC? Thanks. GTHC

dukebballcamper90-91
10-17-2013, 10:23 PM
Tobacco Road behind DPAC downtown.

MulletMan
10-17-2013, 10:40 PM
It'll be my first time at Duke tomorrow, just was wondering a good place to eat and drink before CTC? Thanks. GTHC

The Federal

Dain's Place

Satisfactiom's

DaleDuke7
10-17-2013, 11:31 PM
Does anybody know of a way I can watch it from home or catch highlights? I have to work when it's going on and I thought it was gonna be on ESPNU but I didn't see it,

Dukehky
10-17-2013, 11:32 PM
Does anybody know of a way I can watch it from home or catch highlights? I have to work when it's going on and I thought it was gonna be on ESPNU but I didn't see it,

You can buy the Inside Access through goduke.com. Get the one month subscription. That will give you the whole CTC and can watch the full replay of it as well as the two exhibition games through the website. Only 10 bucks. Little over 3 dollars per game, worth it.

JonnyWonder
10-18-2013, 08:34 AM
You can buy the Inside Access through goduke.com. Get the one month subscription. That will give you the whole CTC and can watch the full replay of it as well as the two exhibition games through the website. Only 10 bucks. Little over 3 dollars per game, worth it.

Looks like it's also currently listed for online streaming via ESPN3/Watch ESPN for today at 8pm EDT in the "Upcoming Events" section. I'm planning on trying to do that, but will probably end up springing for the Inside Access package as Dukehyk suggested to get the exhibition games anyway, as I don't think those will be on ESPN3.

Marc81
10-18-2013, 09:10 AM

Yeah, it is definitely on espnu at 9pm.

DevilFalcon
10-18-2013, 10:20 AM
Yeah, it is definitely on espnu at 9pm.

Looks like the ESPNU coverage is going to be spread around multiple programs, not just Duke. I'm sure they'll show quite a bit of Duke, being preseason number 4, but you'll probably have to watch a bunch of Kentucky stuff unfortunately....

I'll be in Cameron for the real deal! Go Duke!

DevilFalcon
10-18-2013, 02:13 PM
So my tickets say 6:30, but I've read it doesn't start until 8pm. Anyone know?

TheDuckStore
10-18-2013, 02:33 PM

Is a replay of the entire CTC event definitely a part of Inside Access subscription? I'm trying to confirm on the GoDuke site, but thought I would toss the question out here as well...

airowe
10-18-2013, 02:37 PM

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=22724&SPID=1845&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=209285862&DB_OEM_ID=4200

The Duke men’s basketball team will celebrate the opening of the 2013-14 college basketball season this Friday, Oct. 18, at the annual Countdown to Craziness Presented by PNC in Cameron Indoor Stadium. Students can enter the stadium at 6 p.m., followed by the general public at 6:30 p.m.

Limited tickets are still available by calling (919) 681-BLUE or visiting www.GoDuke.com/tickets.

Prior to the 8:30 p.m. blue-white scrimmage, several performances, games and special videos are scheduled beginning at 7 p.m. Among those are videos highlighting the top plays from the 2012-13 season, a special recognition of the 2013 NCAA Champion Duke men’s lacrosse team, several contests for those in attendance and the introduction of the women’s basketball team.

Following the blue-white scrimmage, which features the ACC Preseason favorite Blue Devil men squaring off in an intrasquad matchup, Duke will hold a dunk contest with voting conducted by a special panel of guest judges.

94duke
10-18-2013, 02:39 PM

According to goduke.com, doors open to students at 6:00. They open to the general public at 6:30.
Festivities start at 7:00.
The scrimmage is at 8:30.
Dunk contest follows the scrimmage.

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=209285862&DB_OEM_ID=4200

Dang it. Airowe types faster than I. ;-)

DevilFalcon
10-18-2013, 03:33 PM
Thank you airowe and 94duke. I read that page about 4 times and just didn't see the times somehow. Must be too excited for the season to start :D

Dukehky
10-18-2013, 06:51 PM
Is a replay of the entire CTC event definitely a part of Inside Access subscription? I'm trying to confirm on the GoDuke site, but thought I would toss the question out here as well...

99% sure the answer to that question is yes.

Merlindevildog91
10-18-2013, 07:58 PM
Coach P just said Amber Henson could bench press 185 pounds. That means she can bench press her brother with some to spare.

Duvall
10-18-2013, 08:53 PM
Hey, Jabari Parker is kind of good.

DukieInKansas
10-18-2013, 09:10 PM
And ESPN graphics is bad at geography. Semi Ojeleye is from the Ottawa that is in Kansas, not the Ottawa in Canada.

Gthoma2a
10-18-2013, 09:39 PM
And ESPN graphics is bad at geography. Semi Ojeleye is from the Ottawa that is in Kansas, not the Ottawa in Canada.

To be fair, it is a short 19.5 hour drive.

Dukehky
10-18-2013, 09:40 PM
Dre is going to start. He will be more effective with the starting line-ups containing hood and Parker. His defense is miles above where it was. Watch.

Thornton and Hairston haven't looked great, everybody else I think has looked pretty solid.

Gthoma2a
10-18-2013, 09:41 PM
Dre is going to start. He will be more effective with the starting line-ups containing hood and Parker. His defense is miles above where it was. Watch.

Thornton and Hairston haven't looked great, everybody else I think has looked pretty solid.

Rasheed just doesn't look that great to me right now. I heard something similar in an article about the team USA experience this Summer. I hope he is just in a short lived slump.

DukieInKansas
10-18-2013, 09:41 PM
To be fair, it is a short 19.5 hour drive.

True but Ottawa, Kansas is a lot closer to my house than Ottawa, Canada.

UrinalCake
10-18-2013, 10:11 PM
Hard to really get a feel for our team play as the squad was split, so it was more of a half court game. Individually, Parker looks as good as advertised. Hood could be impossible to guard but seems a little bit passive. Maybe it's just his demeanor. Rasheed dominated the ball for several minutes in the second half but showed some really good scoring ability. Now on to the dunk contest...

sagegrouse
10-18-2013, 10:16 PM
I am torn at a description for Jabari Parker. He dominates the game without hogging the ball at all. Maybe, "the water supply: the pressure is always on." Or, maybe, "cosmic radiation, the silent killer." My reception was a bit fuzzy, but at times it seemed like Grant Hill was on the court. What quick moves! And smooth as well.

sagegrouse

Ima Facultiwyfe
10-18-2013, 10:28 PM
I kept seeing Grant, too. But, Parker is built a little stockier. I thought Amile the Eel did himself proud. And how great it was to see Dawkins with a little bit of a swagger.

Love, Ima

Gthoma2a
10-18-2013, 10:30 PM
I am torn at a description for Jabari Parker. He dominates the game without hogging the ball at all. Maybe, "the water supply: the pressure is always on." Or, maybe, "cosmic radiation, the silent killer." My reception was a bit fuzzy, but at times it seemed like Grant Hill was on the court. What quick moves! And smooth as well.

sagegrouse

Big things for me were Jabari looking outstanding. Hood wasn't having his night, but he showed that he will have an impact. Marshall could play a few minutes in a game, but I would kind of rather Semi at times out there. Marshall does shoot better free throws than his brothers at this stage in their careers. I am really surprised, but if tonight was the only basis for a decision, it would be Andre, Matt, then Rasheed. I expect he will get back to form soon. Amile was just very efficient. Semi's athleticism is amazing (at one point, he tried to jump over Jabari, prompting the announcer to say that even his turnovers are spectacular). Alex is good for OPEN COURT situations. Quinn looks like he is ready to create havoc. He played very well tonight. He may wind up being our most troublesome defender. Tyler was Tyler (playing with intensity). He got called for a foul that should be been a tie up against Dawkins.

My favorite personality moments of the night were Marshall coming out to "Ain't Too Proud To Beg" (with dancing) and Amile trying to talk the ref into a travel against Marshall on a drive on the baseline (I believe it was in the first half).

FerryFor50
10-18-2013, 10:57 PM
They are showing some of the midnight madness practices on ESPNU. Just saw Jabari throw a nice reverse down on Marshall and Hairston for an "and one."

Then saw a nice reverse jam answer by Marshall on the next play. Looking good!

Duvall
10-18-2013, 11:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N39TbSPsUhE&feature=youtu.be

BD80
10-18-2013, 11:08 PM
Coach P just said Amber Henson could bench press 185 pounds. That means she can bench press her brother with some to spare.

John Henson could not bench 185 at the NBA combine.

dukelifer
10-18-2013, 11:16 PM
They are showing some of the midnight madness practices on ESPNU. Just saw Jabari throw a nice reverse down on Marshall and Hairston for an "and one."

Then saw a nice reverse jam answer by Marshall on the next play. Looking good!

Jabari is a pro. His handle is outstanding- a lot of Grant in him. He is a streaky shooter and will get most of his points going left at the bucket. He also may foul a lot. Hood is a better natural shooter but is a bit slight and needs to be more aggressive. I liked what I saw from Amile. He is stronger and a bit more explosive than last year. He is very quick around the hoop. As folks said Rasheed was not hitting but was aggressive throughout and had some nice moments in the second half. This team is going to shoot a lot of free throws. No one shot lights out. Duke will need Dawkins to score from 3. Matt Jones is known for his shooting but it did not show. Cook was solid and can hit from deep but is also streaky. Finally I was impressed by Semi. He will get minutes. He is über strong and a jump out of the gym. He will be needed against certain team. This is good team but I worry about the chemistry. This game showed that Duke has deep talent- but they need to gel. They should get better in the early season.

FerryFor50
10-18-2013, 11:18 PM

Think his sister used to beat him up?

BD80
10-19-2013, 12:00 AM

It would explain a lot ... like their respective choice of schools.

Newton_14
10-19-2013, 12:18 AM
Just got home from the game. Can't wait to see them against another team. Tonight Jabari was a beast. Also if he is 6'8 then Marshall is about 6'9 cause there just isnt much difference in their height. Even though Semi is a tank, Jabari is the biggest guy on the team from the waist up. Very thick, with broad shoulders and chest. Dude can flat out ball, and can score in just about every manner possible. Sneaky athletic as the reverse dunk showed. Does have a tendency to foul though so that is something to watch.

Amile and Hood looked the best behind Jabari to me. Amile has improved alot and is much stronger than last year. Still thin but much stronger. Quinn was probably next in my eyes. Andre was quiet scoring but neither team in either half ran many plays designed to free up 3 point shooters which I though hurt both Andre and Rasheed. Once the real games start I expect we will see a lot more of sets designed to get open 3's when the fast break isn't there. They definitely want to play fast and break as much as possible and also pressure full court a lot.

Semi showed a passion and ability to rebound, and seems capable of defending in the post. I like the effort MP3 gave and how he went up strong each time he had the chance. Good signs. Matt looked good on defense, ball handling, and especially attacking the basket. He has no fear in driving the lane. Not worried about Tyler or Josh as I know what they can do when the real games start. Tyler will be his normal pesky self on defense. Josh will hold his own in the paint. Murphy had some good moments and still shows a good ability to finish when attacking the rim, especially finishing fast breaks.

All that said you have to take Blue/White games with a grain of salt, especially with how K chose to split the teams tonight. Every defender knows exactly what the offense is trying to do which makes offense less efficient. We will get a better read on how good they can be when the real games start.

All in all a fun night. Introducing Andre last was awesome and appropriate. Crowd went nuts. Place was packed, atmosphere was great, no one got hurt and we were treated to back to back great dunks during the game with Jabari's reverse facial on MP3 and Josh, and then MP3 answering with his own version of the famous Mason running two hand reverse dunk on the very next possession. Those two plays were worth the price of admission.

Lots of talent. A lot of talent. A ton of talent. Did I mention this team has a great deal of talented kids? :)

Going to be a fun year.

Son of Jarhead
10-19-2013, 12:47 AM
Agree with Newton, the defense knew what the offense wanted to do, but man!, there were a lot of fouls. Over 40 of them in 30 minutes. I'm hoping that was also impacted some how by the familiarity. I'm guessing the guys are really tired of playing each other.

So great to see Andre back out there, too. Hitting that first three to open the game... priceless. I liked what I saw and I'm looking forward to the season.

If I have any complaints, it is with the sound system. Did anybody else notice how badly it sounded? Really... screechy, I guess? Hard to describe, just very off. I felt bad for the a capella groups, and it was hard to understand everybody with a microphone. Well, K was understandable, so maybe they had adjusted it by then, but Coach P and the girls were harder to hear, as was the pre-game announcer dude.

Go Duke!!!!

DevilFalcon
10-19-2013, 12:49 AM
I agree about Andre starting. His leadership will be very valuable. Not to mention his improved 'everything'.

Jabari looks like Paul Piece to me.

Marshall looked to be coming along.

Murphy looks like the odd man out.

Semi is going to be a stud. Strong and jump out of the gym athletic.

dukelifer
10-19-2013, 08:25 AM
Just got home from the game. Can't wait to see them against another team. Tonight Jabari was a beast. Also if he is 6'8 then Marshall is about 6'9 cause there just isnt much difference in their height. Even though Semi is a tank, Jabari is the biggest guy on the team from the waist up. Very thick, with broad shoulders and chest. Dude can flat out ball, and can score in just about every manner possible. Sneaky athletic as the reverse dunk showed. Does have a tendency to foul though so that is something to watch.

Amile and Hood looked the best behind Jabari to me. Amile has improved alot and is much stronger than last year. Still thin but much stronger. Quinn was probably next in my eyes. Andre was quiet scoring but neither team in either half ran many plays designed to free up 3 point shooters which I though hurt both Andre and Rasheed. Once the real games start I expect we will see a lot more of sets designed to get open 3's when the fast break isn't there. They definitely want to play fast and break as much as possible and also pressure full court a lot.

Semi showed a passion and ability to rebound, and seems capable of defending in the post. I like the effort MP3 gave and how he went up strong each time he had the chance. Good signs. Matt looked good on defense, ball handling, and especially attacking the basket. He has no fear in driving the lane. Not worried about Tyler or Josh as I know what they can do when the real games start. Tyler will be his normal pesky self on defense. Josh will hold his own in the paint. Murphy had some good moments and still shows a good ability to finish when attacking the rim, especially finishing fast breaks.

All that said you have to take Blue/White games with a grain of salt, especially with how K chose to split the teams tonight. Every defender knows exactly what the offense is trying to do which makes offense less efficient. We will get a better read on how good they can be when the real games start.

All in all a fun night. Introducing Andre last was awesome and appropriate. Crowd went nuts. Place was packed, atmosphere was great, no one got hurt and we were treated to back to back great dunks during the game with Jabari's reverse facial on MP3 and Josh, and then MP3 answering with his own version of the famous Mason running two hand reverse dunk on the very next possession. Those two plays were worth the price of admission.

Lots of talent. A lot of talent. A ton of talent. Did I mention this team has a great deal of talented kids? :)

Going to be a fun year.

I agree that Jabari looks taller than everyone but Marshall but when you look at the picture of the team he is shorter than Jefferson. I am not sure it matters- he is nightmare matchup for anyone guarding him. But I worry about his fouling. Folks will attack him to see how he reacts. He may be sitting a lot if not careful.

uh_no
10-19-2013, 09:14 AM
I agree that Jabari looks taller than everyone but Marshall but when you look at the picture of the team he is shorter than Jefferson. I am not sure it matters- he is nightmare matchup for anyone guarding him. But I worry about his fouling. Folks will attack him to see how he reacts. He may be sitting a lot if not careful.

pictures can be incredibly deceiving....i wouldn't put a lot of stock in who looks taller in a picture...especially when they're at most only a couple of inches apart

sagegrouse
10-19-2013, 10:23 AM

pictures can be incredibly deceiving....i wouldn't put a lot of stock in who looks taller in a picture...especially when they're at most only a couple of inches apart

This discussion makes no sense without citing cinderblocks. -- sagegrouse

60's Devil
10-19-2013, 10:32 AM
The Federal

Dain's Place

Satisfactiom's

Anybody remember the Null and Void?

sagegrouse
10-19-2013, 11:02 AM
Anybody remember the Null and Void?

Or as the Chanticleer noted back in the day: "Null now, void later." -- sagegrouse

dukebballcamper90-91
10-19-2013, 11:02 AM
Jabari can play all 5 positions. Jabari is big. Man is he good. Jefferson looked good in the post. Cook and Jabari looked best to me. I hope I get to see more games in CIS this year. That was fun, and the intros with players picture on the court was awesome.

dukelifer
10-19-2013, 11:13 AM

Amber can bench John Henson

Native
10-19-2013, 11:48 AM
Jabari can play all 5 positions. Jabari is big. Man is he good. Jefferson looked good in the post. Cook and Jabari looked best to me.

Yeah, I think in the whirlwind that was Jabari Parker — which was, admittedly, extremely impressive — people didn't take as much notice to Quinn's defense as they should have. He looked far more engaged and active, getting in the passing lanes and getting a few steals which led to transition. I think he'll really fit well in this year's up-tempo style of play and has already started to take it to heart.

And Amile has gotten even craftier and much more assertive around the rim. He won't knock you back physically, but he'll get around you and that ought to suffice for this season.

rthomas
10-19-2013, 11:49 AM
This is really cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMBW9foUxfo

jimsumner
10-19-2013, 01:26 PM
— people didn't take as much notice to Quinn's defense as they should have. He looked far more engaged and active, getting in the passing lanes and getting a few steals which led to transition. I think he'll really fit well in this year's up-tempo style of play and has already started to take it to heart..

I think Tyler Thornton noticed.

Smitty1911
10-19-2013, 02:13 PM
This is really cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMBW9foUxfo

That was amazing!

JNort
10-20-2013, 12:59 PM
Big things for me were Jabari looking outstanding. Hood wasn't having his night, but he showed that he will have an impact. Marshall could play a few minutes in a game, but I would kind of rather Semi at times out there. Marshall does shoot better free throws than his brothers at this stage in their careers. I am really surprised, but if tonight was the only basis for a decision, it would be Andre, Matt, then Rasheed. I expect he will get back to form soon. Amile was just very efficient. Semi's athleticism is amazing (at one point, he tried to jump over Jabari, prompting the announcer to say that even his turnovers are spectacular). Alex is good for OPEN COURT situations. Quinn looks like he is ready to create havoc. He played very well tonight. He may wind up being our most troublesome defender. Tyler was Tyler (playing with intensity). He got called for a foul that should be been a tie up against Dawkins.

My favorite personality moments of the night were Marshall coming out to "Ain't Too Proud To Beg" (with dancing) and Amile trying to talk the ref into a travel against Marshall on a drive on the baseline (I believe it was in the first half).

You sure you were at CTC? Why would you put Matt ahead of Rasheed? Matt did not play great defense (Rasheed did), I am not even sure if he scored. Rasheed struggled in the first game but he drew more fouls than anyone else. The 2nd game Rasheed scored half the points for his team and this was on a night where his 3 ball was not falling. I can understand why you would take Dre over Sheed but Sheed still played better D and outscored Dre

uh_no
10-20-2013, 01:02 PM
You sure you were at CTC? Why would you put Matt ahead of Rasheed? Matt did not play great defense (Rasheed did), I am not even sure if he scored. Rasheed struggled in the first game but he drew more fouls than anyone else. The 2nd game Rasheed scored half the points for his team and this was on a night where his 3 ball was not falling. I can understand why you would take Dre over Sheed but Sheed still played better D and outscored Dre

i think the only conclusion we can draw from this game is that we shouldn't be drawing any conclusions based on 30 minutes of play with contrived teams

sagegrouse
10-20-2013, 09:33 PM
i think the only conclusion we can draw from this game is that we shouldn't be drawing any conclusions based on 30 minutes of play with contrived teams

I tend to agree with your blanket statement, but with one exception. Conclusion or not, I was easily persuaded that Jabari Parker is the real deal and will be the best player on the team. And I am typically skeptical of freshmen and HS rankings, etc.

I was impressed with Matt Jones, and I would not be surprised to see him get some minutes.

I was impressed mightily with Quinn's play, but I will draw no conclusions on a player I have seen many times before. It would be wonderful, however, if he took a major step forward.

I also thought Sulaimon had a very strong scrimmage, and I don't see how anyone keeps him on the bench for long. And, of course, he started last year, so this is no surprise.

sagegrouse

uh_no
10-20-2013, 09:39 PM
I tend to agree with your blanket statement, but with one exception. Conclusion or not, I was easily persuaded that Jabari Parker is the real deal and will be the best player on the team. And I am typically skeptical of freshmen and HS rankings, etc.

well yes, and I concluded that marshall plumlee is tall :P

I would hold off on calling him the best on the team...he may turn out to be the most talented, but we'll have to see how the opposition tries to handle him....will he become befuddled by tough double teams? will he continue to thrive when having to think on his feet as opposed to breaking down the defense he plays against in practice daily?

we know he's good, but most of that is based on his body of work, and simply corroborated by the scrimmage.

kAzE
10-21-2013, 06:02 AM

I was impressed with Matt Jones, and I would not be surprised to see him get some minutes.

I was impressed mightily with Quinn's play, but I will draw no conclusions on a player I have seen many times before. It would be wonderful, however, if he took a major step forward.

I also thought Sulaimon had a very strong scrimmage, and I don't see how anyone keeps him on the bench for long. And, of course, he started last year, so this is no surprise.

sagegrouse

I agree with all of this except for the part about Rasheed, at least in the first scrimmage. Obviously, he was having an off night offensively, but defensively, he wasn't that great either. He ended the night with a total of 1 rebound and 5 fouls. I still think he's a much better defender than Andre, but he didn't have a great day on either end of the floor. In terms of the big picture though, he's Rasheed, we know who he is, and he just had a bad night shooting, and I think it got to him. I read some article that said Andre would start over Rasheed, but that's just crazy in my opinion. Dre is the better shooter, but Rasheed does so much more in terms of defense and getting to the foul line, there's really no competition between them.

I also agree with the Paul Pierce comparisons for Jabari. He doesn't have the range on his shot yet like PP, but Pierce wasn't really all that great of a shooter in college either (35% career 3FG) On the other hand, he's way bigger than PP, so I could see why some would compare him to Melo. But he's not Melo. Melo is a much more polished scorer, but his game doesn't make his teammates better. Jabari's game really opens things up for his teammates. He's got great ability to handle the ball for his size and displayed some nice vision and passing to go along with it. He made a couple of really nice outlet passes which were right on target that guys weren't even ready for because they didn't expect the ball to come to them. He's special, and I definitely think he's the best player on the team.

I liked what I saw from Semi a LOT. He picked up way too many fouls being really aggresive, but that's okay for a energy guy off the bench. He looks like a monster on defense, picking up 4 steals, and just being a bull in the paint. This is exactly the type of guy we lacked for the past few years on the bench. Plus, he didn't even show what he was capable of from distance. This guy is a dependable 3 point shooter in addition to being a freak athlete. I don't want to overreact, but if I had to make a prediction, I think he's the 7th or 8th man and plays at least 10 minutes a game. That would put him ahead of Josh, Alex, and Marshall on the front court depth chart, but I think he deserves it.

I think Amile looks like the most improved player easily. He still gets pushed around, but WOW, he looks great.

JBDuke
10-21-2013, 07:29 AM
...I also agree with the Paul Pierce comparisons for Jabari. He doesn't have the range on his shot yet like PP, but Pierce wasn't really all that great of a shooter in college either (35% career 3FG) On the other hand, he's way bigger than PP, so I could see why some would compare him to Melo. But he's not Melo. Melo is a much more polished scorer, but his game doesn't make his teammates better. Jabari's game really opens things up for his teammates. He's got great ability to handle the ball for his size and displayed some nice vision and passing to go along with it. He made a couple of really nice outlet passes which were right on target that guys weren't even ready for because they didn't expect the ball to come to them. He's special, and I definitely think he's the best player on the team. ...

What about Lamar Odom as a comparison for Parker? Odom is a little bigger than Pierce or Melo, and operates more in the post, but he has the ball-handling and passing skills.

Regardless, it's going to be fun watching Jabari being just Jabari Parker.