10-14-2013, 04:55 PM
http://www.wralsportsfan.com/unc-s-hatchell-has-leukemia/12994969/

OldPhiKap
10-14-2013, 04:57 PM
Prayers for her and her family.

sagegrouse
10-14-2013, 05:00 PM
Prayers for her and her family.

Agreed. No one should suffer from cancer, and I hope her prognosis is good.

sagegrouse

dukelifer
10-14-2013, 05:03 PM
Agreed. No one should suffer from cancer, and I hope her prognosis is good.

sagegrouse

We tease Silvia for her intensity and attire but this is no joke. Fortunately there are good treatments for this type of cancer. Best to her.

DukieInKansas
10-14-2013, 05:05 PM
Praying for a good response to her treatment so she will be healthy and on the sidelines at full strength.

DevilWearsPrada
10-14-2013, 05:15 PM
I just heard about Sylvia on Wral news. Prayers for Sylvia as she gets the cancer treatments over at Unc. My Grandmother died of leukemia, long before I was born.

Sending vibes to Coach Hatchell and her family!

throatybeard
10-14-2013, 05:19 PM
Blood cancers wiped out an entire generation of my maternal grandmother and her siblings, and quick, though they were all in their 70s. Hatchell is 61, so maybe her prognosis is better?

loran16
10-14-2013, 05:24 PM
Wish her a speedy recovery - sports are not important compared to such things.

Mike Corey
10-14-2013, 05:30 PM
Here's to effective treatments, a speedy recovery, and a quick return to the sidelines for Coach Hatchell.

I might suggest we as a "DBR" community send a note to her offering our support, as well.

Indoor66
10-14-2013, 06:00 PM
Here's to effective treatments, a speedy recovery, and a quick return to the sidelines for Coach Hatchell.

I might suggest we as a "DBR" community send a note to her offering our support, as well.

I, too, wish a full and speedy recovery. Cancer in any form is scary and no fun. As a survivor I am adding her to my prayers. I second the suggestion that the DBR community send her acknowledgment and positive expression of our support. Some things transcend rivalry. Some things are part of humanity.

hudlow
10-14-2013, 06:11 PM
Please add me to the list of well wishers.

There are promising new procedures and treatments coming forth almost every day.

I hope the doctors find the one that works best for Coach Hatchell.

I do also wish DBR would send well wishes from all of us.

hud

CameronBornAndBred
10-14-2013, 06:14 PM
Best vibes to her. I want many more years of making fun of her jackets.
Many years ago, I delivered pizzas in Chapel Hill. Her and Coach G's teams got me into women's bball, my car only had an AM radio and both teams luckily broadcasted, even way back then. (20 years ago) Thanks for getting me hooked Sylvia.

CameronBlue
10-14-2013, 06:51 PM
Good luck Sylvia. Best wishes to you and your family. Hospital patient attire could use a little glamorizing and I'm sure you're the person for the task (written with warm intent.) The rivalry won't be the same in your absence, get well soon.

Newton_14
10-14-2013, 07:59 PM
Very sad to hear. Have a brother-in-law that just went through this, the last 3 years or so. Treatment is pretty tough,. He lost a lot of weight and struggled with energy loss in the early stages, however he bounced back and works full time today living pretty much a normal life. She has a tough road ahead in the short term, but hopefully like him, comes out on the other side with the ability to live normally and coach up her Heels. Godspeed to her.

Merlindevildog91
10-14-2013, 09:52 PM
Prayers and vibes for Sylvia and her family.

budwom
10-15-2013, 08:43 AM
We tease Silvia for her intensity and attire but this is no joke. Fortunately there are good treatments for this type of cancer. Best to her.

None of the articles I've read mentions what specific type of leukemia she has....there are four principle types and quite a few other less common ones.
Treatment and prognosis vary widely among these, but huge strides have been made in the last few decades....it's a family disease for me, and i've had it
for almost ten years.

moonpie23
10-15-2013, 09:02 AM
health is everything.....hope she can have a positive response to treatment...

roywhite
01-18-2014, 10:28 AM
Saw today on an ESPN crawl that doctors have reported Sylvia's leukemia is in remission. Good news indeed.

hudlow
01-18-2014, 10:50 AM
Never give up .....Jimmy V.

DukieInKansas
01-18-2014, 11:35 AM
Saw today on an ESPN crawl that doctors have reported Sylvia's leukemia is in remission. Good news indeed.

That is great news!

Now, let's go out and beat her team everytime we play them! And her brother Roy's team, too!

Indoor66
01-18-2014, 12:14 PM
That is great news!

Now, let's go out and beat her team everytime we play them! And her brother Roy's team, too!

Don't they shop at the same haberdashery?

OldPhiKap
01-18-2014, 12:22 PM
Don't they shop at the same haberdashery?

"I'd like to meet his tailor"

(Get well, Sylvia!)

Newton_14
01-18-2014, 01:57 PM
Great news. Hopefully she can return to doing what she loves soon and begins coaching again. Has to be hard going to the games but sitting in the bleachers and not able to give input.

Glad to see the cancer is in remission,

Indoor66
01-18-2014, 01:58 PM
As a Surviver, I only wish the best for Sylvia. I hope she can get back on the sidelines.

MCFinARL
01-18-2014, 04:37 PM
"I'd like to meet his tailor"

(Get well, Sylvia!)

Can't spork, love the reference to one of my favorite all time lyrics.

And I share your good wishes for Sylvia Hatchell.