PDA

View Full Version : Will Anthony Boone Play Against Navy?

matt1
10-09-2013, 04:08 PM
I say that he will not play, even though he is day-to-day and could conceivably play. I think that he will probably come back next week against Virginia.

EDIT: Can a moderator make it so that we can see each other's votes? I forgot to check that button.

-jk
10-09-2013, 04:12 PM
Sorry, once it's posted, it can't be changed.

-jk

-bdbd
10-09-2013, 04:14 PM
Totally depends on the medical staff pronouncement, as well as coach's comfort level. Short of an injury to BC, I don't see it. And if he plays, I'd foresee minimal running on his part.

6th Man
10-09-2013, 06:12 PM
I only see him playing in 4th and goal or 4th and short situations where he can lower his shoulder and pound it in. ;)

CameronBornAndBred
10-09-2013, 06:43 PM
I said no. Caveat will be if Boone gets injured. Looking forward to seeing Anthony go strong against UVA.

matt1
10-09-2013, 07:06 PM
I said no. Caveat will be if Boone gets injured. Looking forward to seeing Anthony go strong against UVA.

Do you mean if Connette gets injured?

wilko
10-09-2013, 07:13 PM
Well lets just say for sake of argument that Boone is back to his old self 2 weeks (which would be spectacular).

Connette has developed nicely to Qb1 does he go back to the "Phantom" role? and what does that mean exactly... Can we add in a few pass plays from the TE, RB, FB, WR to fully leverage 1 QBs on the field at the same time? That would be fun....

CBDUKE
10-09-2013, 07:33 PM
One thing that Connette has shown is that he is no longer just a threat to run in short yardage situations. They must now respect his ability to pass.

wilko
10-09-2013, 07:53 PM
One thing that Connette has shown is that he is no longer just a threat to run in short yardage situations. They must now respect his ability to pass.

From any formation he lines up in.

Dev11
10-10-2013, 08:54 AM
From any formation he lines up in.

Which is great, but this week's reports didn't sound spectacular for Boone, so I don't think it's time to send him back out there. Wait a week.

CameronBornAndBred
10-10-2013, 10:09 AM
Do you mean if Connette gets injured?
Yes, it is kind of hard to go in for yourself if you are hurt. :rolleyes:

wilko
10-10-2013, 10:19 AM
Which is great, but this week's reports didn't sound spectacular for Boone, so I don't think it's time to send him back out there. Wait a week.

I'll wait 3 or 5 weeks...The timing wasn't my primary point.

Adding a unique wrinkle to the playbook by having Connette a threat to throw from anywhere on the filed was really what I was trying to emphasize.

Connette has come SO far as a passer in a short amount of time as a fillin QB1, it would be a kind shame to lose or let rust gather on those newly honed skills and confidence. I'd rather keep it the playbook as an explosive element to keep the opposing D's guessing.

Dev11
10-10-2013, 11:01 AM

Adding a unique wrinkle to the playbook by having Connette a threat to throw from anywhere on the filed was really what I was trying to emphasize.

Connette has come SO far as a passer in a short amount of time as a fillin QB1, it would be a kind shame to lose or let rust gather on those newly honed skills and confidence. I'd rather keep it the playbook as an explosive element to keep the opposing D's guessing.

I'm with you, I guess I just stated it a little differently.

-bdbd
10-10-2013, 12:51 PM

To be honest, I have been looking for that play to happen. With AB coming back soon I could see a throw from AB to BC out in the flat -- maybe after a few bubble screens out there to "set it up" -- and designed to look like just another bubble. But make the pass a lateral (backwards a yard or two) and then BC throws long to the WR crossing deep from the other side. Navy may be too disciplined for this sort of trickery though. Maybe UVA or VPI.