PDA

View Full Version : This year's autographed basketball poster question

obsesseddukefan
10-07-2013, 04:39 PM
Hey all! I was just curious if there was information yet on how to order the autographed Mens Basketball poster. A few years back when A. Rivers was on the team I oredered one and it came in around Thanksgiving. I know the new poster wont be released until CTC but I couldnt remember the contact information that I called a few years back. Since moving 3 time in the last 3 years I have finally settled and was looking to make another purchase for the Duke cave at the house. Thanks in advance.

On a side note, if anyone has last years "Fight" poster I would be interested in owning it. Doesnt have to be autographed, its just that Ihave been collecting posters for a while now. I tried the Bookstore on campus and the Duck Shop to no avail.

-jk
10-07-2013, 08:27 PM
Given the recent brouhahas surrounding student-athlete autographs, will they be selling an autographed poster this year?

If so, I'm sure Jay will get the first one in defense (and we're all about defense!) of irony.

-jk

CameronBlue
10-07-2013, 08:50 PM
Given the recent brouhahas surrounding student-athlete autographs, will they be selling an autographed poster this year?

If so, I'm sure Jay will get the first one in defense (and we're all about defense!) of irony.

-jk

The real irony of course is Jay on the defense to begin with. Ole Senor Bilas!

obsesseddukefan
10-07-2013, 08:51 PM

-jk

You know that is actually a good point. It seems every institution is under the radar even more these days. As a fan and collector of all things Duke, I hope they continue to offer the autographed poster. I thought it was neat to see the kids do a huge signing via blueplanet video a few years back, but I do not want the program to be scrutinized over a $10-20 poster.

kingboozer
10-09-2013, 05:07 AM
They usually show off the poster at countdown to craziness and you can call the ticket office the following Monday, will that be the case this year?

obsesseddukefan
10-09-2013, 09:17 AM
They usually show off the poster at countdown to craziness and you can call the ticket office the following Monday, will that be the case this year?

I actually called the athletic department yesterday. Was told that they are doing the autographed poster again this year and that you can start calling next week to place an order. Price will be $40 this year. Hope that helps kingboozer.

obsesseddukefan
10-18-2013, 01:30 PM
Just an update for all interested. Called the athletic department, they are indeed on sale now, confirmed again to be $40.00 and will ship out the usual Thanksgiving timeframe. Hope this helps anyone who was wondering.

El_Diablo
10-19-2013, 10:10 AM
The team poster has been posted on Duke Blue Planet:

http://blog.dukeblueplanet.com/2013/10/poster-revealed/

DevilWearsPrada
10-19-2013, 02:27 PM
The team poster has been posted on Duke Blue Planet:

http://blog.dukeblueplanet.com/2013/10/poster-revealed/

Looking forward to both Basketball teams being, Fast, Furious, Focused and headed to the Final 4!!!! Let's Go Duke!!!!

kingboozer
10-19-2013, 06:25 PM
The poster is a step back from the past couple of years for me, I'll still hang it proudly though!

SupaDave
10-20-2013, 09:53 AM
The poster is a step back from the past couple of years for me, I'll still hang it proudly though!

I like the underlying meaning. This is the first poster to show the entire team in motion. Usually our posters are very telling of what to expect during the year. Should make for a great one.

JD79
10-20-2013, 12:07 PM
Is it my eyes or is Andre's right shoe actually a left shoe?

tbyers11
10-20-2013, 12:23 PM
Is it my eyes or is Andre's right shoe actually a left shoe?

That does look weird :). I think that is actually Josh's left shoe (and leg). Andre's right leg is off the ground and bent at the knee so you can't see any of it below the knee.

flyingdutchdevil
10-20-2013, 12:24 PM
I like the underlying meaning. This is the first poster to show the entire team in motion. Usually our posters are very telling of what to expect during the year. Should make for a great one.

While I agree in principle (that our posters are telling of the way we'll play) the message 'fast and furious' is fairly lame and unoriginal. It's named after one of the worst movie franchises in history. Paul Walker and Vin Diesel? Come on...

Like the intent, don't like the execution.

Indoor66
10-20-2013, 12:53 PM
While I agree in principle (that our posters are telling of the way we'll play) the message 'fast and furious' is fairly lame and unoriginal. It's named after one of the worst movie franchises in history. Paul Walker and Vin Diesel? Come on...

Like the intent, don't like the execution.

Maybe it recalls a federal government gun running operation of last year or so?

graybead
10-24-2013, 08:23 AM
Could someone provide the phone number they called to order the poster? Thanks.

Highlander
10-25-2013, 01:44 PM
Could someone provide the phone number they called to order the poster? Thanks.
919-613-7500 - Duke Basketball Office

rsvman
10-25-2013, 02:24 PM
Who is number 45?

flyingdutchdevil
10-25-2013, 02:28 PM
Who is number 45?

Nick Pagliuca, Joe's younger brother.

kingboozer
11-20-2013, 06:22 PM
Anyone been charged for their posters yet? Haven't seen it come out of my account yet. I know they said Thanksgiving time frame wise.

obsesseddukefan
11-20-2013, 08:33 PM
Anyone been charged for their posters yet? Haven't seen it come out of my account yet. I know they said Thanksgiving time frame wise.

King...When I placed my order back in October, I was told that I would be charged in the next few days. That did not happen. My guess, and that is based on previous experience of ordering posters in the past was that they will charge us when they ship the poster. That day like you stated was around Thanksgiving time. The funny thing is I already took the cash out of my account in my mind so I am always minus the cash so I know I have it in there. Yes, I am crazy like that. :o

kingboozer
11-20-2013, 09:34 PM
King...When I placed my order back in October, I was told that I would be charged in the next few days. That did not happen. My guess, and that is based on previous experience of ordering posters in the past was that they will charge us when they ship the poster. That day like you stated was around Thanksgiving time. The funny thing is I already took the cash out of my account in my mind so I am always minus the cash so I know I have it in there. Yes, I am crazy like that. :o
I do the same thing, it would be quite the tragedy in my house if we somehow missed out on a poster!

DevilFalcon
11-21-2013, 11:50 AM
Posters coming soon! I've got a frame ready to go.

matts83
12-02-2013, 03:48 PM
So I just called in about the posters and she said they should be going out soon. She said everything was backed up and we should be seeing the charge on the cards in the next few days. I was getting worried my order was over looked.

obsesseddukefan
12-02-2013, 04:18 PM
So I just called in about the posters and she said they should be going out soon. She said everything was backed up and we should be seeing the charge on the cards in the next few days. I was getting worried my order was over looked.

Thanks for the update Matts83, I was beginning to wonder the same thing. Good to know there was no issue. Once again, thank you for the update.

kingboozer
12-09-2013, 03:40 PM
Got the poster in the mail Saturday and card was charged today so they are rolling out now!

obsesseddukefan
12-09-2013, 10:58 PM
That's good to know! I have to say, I was a guy that would buy every jersey that Nike put out but I just couldn't justify the pricetag any more. Thankfully a couple are now signed and part of my cave. But I feel a whole lot better giving to the school (that I have no affiliation to, just a fan) rather than the big conglomerate known as Nike.

obsesseddukefan
12-10-2013, 05:11 PM
Today, I received my poster in the mail. While I do not want to seem ungrateful, I am a little disappointed. First off, the package was destroyed upon arrival, which I could chalk that up to just lousy postmasters in the area. But what really has me confused is that everyone's signature is there except for Rodney Hood's. While I understand that these basketball players are busy kids, and the last thing they should do is sign posters, I feel kind of ripped off. I am always happy to contribute to Duke University athletics when I can (I have no ties to the school, just a fan as stated in above posts), but I feel if you pay "X" amount of dollars for a product, then that product should be complete. As a person who has been buying posters for some time now, since the '94 season, I am disappointed. Now sure I could always call the Athletic Department and I am sure they would take care of the situation, I just don't feel a need to do that or go that far. I just was curious if others who have received the poster if it was complete with the players sigs or not. <end of babbling rant>

Luther
12-10-2013, 09:54 PM
Does anyone know if there are any signed posters left?

obsesseddukefan
12-10-2013, 10:48 PM
Does anyone know if there are any signed posters left?

Hey Luther when I first ordered the poster back in Oct I asked if there was a limit. I was thinking of buying another as a gift for a friend. I was told that there would be plenty. I'm not sure if that really answers the question but hopefully still bodes true.

ricks68
12-11-2013, 12:52 AM
In answer to some things that have been brought up, I can tell you from past experience that you should definitely call the appropriate office at Duke about any problems you may have about the posters. One year I received a damaged poster and they sent me out another one free of charge. They also have a second poster signing later in the year. So, if Rodney did not sign the one you have, I would expect that you will probably get another with his signature on it if you ask for it.

The main thing, however, is to call. The Duke Athletic Dept. is there to please, as They Are Duke!

ricks