PDA

View Full Version : A delightful mid-afternoon.....Maryland and UNC getting swamped currently

SmartDevil
10-05-2013, 02:14 PM
MD geting rolled by FSU 35-0 with another 25 minutes left to give up additional touchdowns.

Our upstanding and ethical friends from down the road down 21-7 to Va Tech with another " 'hole " half to absorb punishment.

Sun is shining on a beautiful Saturday afternoon!

Bob Green
10-05-2013, 03:06 PM
It's 63-0 Florida State with over 8 minutes left in the game.

Anyone have any information on why Renner isn't playing for Carolina? The box score shows Williams is playing QB for the Tar Heels.

Duvall
10-05-2013, 03:09 PM
It's 63-0 Florida State with over 8 minutes left in the game.

Anyone have any information on why Renner isn't playing for Carolina? The box score shows Williams is playing QB for the Tar Heels.

Ankle injury from last week.

jimsumner
10-05-2013, 03:14 PM
Carolina's defense is much improved over last week's train wreck.

And Virginia is losing at home to Ball State.

arnie
10-05-2013, 03:23 PM
Carolina's defense is much improved over last week's train wreck.

Fedora interviewed at half. He's proud of his defensive effort and QB play today. Lots of positives for a UNC team that will have 4 early losses.

devildeac
10-05-2013, 03:26 PM
Fedora interviewed at half. He's proud of his defensive effort and QB play today. Lots of positives for a UNC team that will have 4 early losses.

I'm fairly proud of them too with their four losses;).

CameronBlue
10-05-2013, 03:29 PM
I'm fairly proud of them too with their four losses;).

Yup. Only 5 people associated with the football program were indicted this past week as well. Hardly consequential at all...as conspiracies go. Good week for Carolina.

Bob Green
10-05-2013, 03:30 PM

Ball State just threw a 72 yard TD pass to extend their lead to 41-27.

devildeac
10-05-2013, 03:30 PM
Just saw on espn that f$u's 63-0 fond farewell to the terps is the largest margin of victory in ACC football history. Thanks terps for your entry into the ACC FB record books! And, once again, don't let the door slam you on the posterior on your way out.

arnie
10-05-2013, 03:35 PM
Just saw on espn that f$u's 63-0 fond farewell to the terps is the largest margin of victory in ACC football history. Thanks terps for your entry into the ACC FB record books! And, once again, don't let the door slam you on the posterior on your way out.

Yea if the deacons can take down UNC-r , a perfect bye week.

jimsumner
10-05-2013, 03:46 PM

So long, top-25. We barely knew you.

And Ball State is up 48-27.

Duvall
10-05-2013, 03:46 PM
Yea if the deacons can take down UNC-r , a perfect bye week.

Other way around. Need Wake Forest to be nice and fully quit by the time they meet Duke.

OldPhiKap
10-05-2013, 03:51 PM
Tar Heels are the most penalized team in the ACC, and had a player ejected for fighting today.

The Carolina Way.

matt1
10-05-2013, 03:57 PM
Just three more losses and UNC is bowl ineligible! I wonder what all of those people who thought that they would win the ACC Coastal are thinking now.

On another note, FSU looked very impressive. It should be a good battle in a couple of weeks between them and Clemson.

Our opponent for next week, Navy, beat Air Force 28-10 today, but was very unimpressive in doing so. Next week is a virtual must-win game for us, especially if we want to do better than 6-6.

Bob Green
10-05-2013, 03:58 PM
Ball St is a good team, but Virginia definitely looks beatable. Watford is an inaccurate passer so it will be imperative Duke's defensive line gets some pressure on him.

Bob Green
10-05-2013, 05:21 PM
I've got the Bye Week Blues, but I have to admit I'm watching a lot of football. Wake 14, State 10 at the half.

Reilly
10-05-2013, 05:28 PM
Yup. Only 5 people associated with the football program were indicted this past week as well. Hardly consequential at all...as conspiracies go. Good week for Carolina.

Butch Davis would have you know that 5 divided by 27,000 = .0185 percent of their students (and not even all 5 were current students, either).

Show me any other organization that can boast a 99.9815% success rate of upstanding members.

I'd say it's worthy of a banner. Or at least a little celebration with a plate of peanut butter and pepper balls.

OldPhiKap
10-05-2013, 05:36 PM
My favorite Terp grad, Norman Chad, on the twitter:

"@NormanChad: Am I surprised Maryland lost to Florida State, 63-0? No. We're not a football school, we're a poker school that likes to burn couches."

Heh. (And, Mercer got knocked out of the WSOP to boot.)

-bdbd
10-05-2013, 06:41 PM
I'm really not one for rooting AGAINST other teams. More into just focusing on rooting FOR my teams.

But I have to admit that it is fun watching MD and NC (and State to lesser extent) going down in flames.
And Clemson "welcoming" the Orange to the ACC in their dome, 42-14 late.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/scoreboard?confId=1&seasonYear=2013&seasonType=2&weekNumber=6

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CameronBornAndBred
10-05-2013, 06:51 PM
"Don't let the door hit ya" -- FSU to Md. That was a statement game.

devildeac
10-05-2013, 08:21 PM

"Don't let the door hit ya" -- FSU to Md. That was a statement game.

Yep. My thoughts exactly from upthread. At least we don't have to play f$u this year. I fear the score might be something similar.

devildeac
10-05-2013, 08:54 PM
I don't know whether I should feel more worried after the Deacs beat the Pack, making our game away against them even more of a concern, or, feel better with our chances in WW when we play NCSU. Or both:confused:.

CameronBornAndBred
10-05-2013, 08:55 PM
Yep. My thoughts exactly from upthread. At least we don't have to play f$u this year. I fear the score might be something similar.

Noticed that after I posted...haha. And I agree....whew. Mildly surprised that Wake seemed to have gotten their act together today, but I didn't watch to see if it was them being good or State being bad.
Next up for the heels after a bye week for both teams...Miami...HAHAHAHAHA. Love the fact that now that the heels CAN go bowling, they won't be. :p

duketaylor
10-05-2013, 11:08 PM
Today was a sweet football day!! I fear tomorrow will not be as a fan of a team from Texas!! But I can hope. Maryland just sucks!! unc is unc. 'Nuff said. GTHC, GTH!! TrueBlueBrewing!! Coming Soon!!!