PDA

View Full Version : Decourcy Fires Back

Billy Dat
10-04-2013, 04:30 PM
As Short Round might say, "Ha Ha, very funny!"

Michael DeCourcy ‏@tsnmike 10m
The folks at Duke Basketball Report tried to debunk my theory on ACC decline by focusing on recent coaching changes. Meh.

wilko
10-04-2013, 05:22 PM
Im not sure what he expects the ACC to be....
My expectation is:

1 Duke
2 Fodder University
3 University of Fodder
4 Fodder State
5 Fodder Tech
6-15 - Rinse wash repeat..
16 UNC

All in that order.

SilkyJ
10-04-2013, 05:59 PM

The folks at Duke Basketball Report tried to debunk my theory on ACC decline by focusing on recent coaching changes. Meh.

He misinterpreted. DBR was saying that basically we had lousy coaches, and that the coaching changes reflected that. So it was the coaches that were keeping the ACC down, not the coaching changes.

Tony Bennett, Gottfried, and Larranaga are all upgrades. Turgeon is a really solid replacement. Purnell was solid, but Brownell looks like he could be an improvement. Same for the Hewitt/Gregory situation.

So no, DBR was not saying the coaching changes are the reason the ACC was down. They were saying the coaches at a bunch of places were lousy, and the fresh blood injection should do the conference some good.

Edouble
10-04-2013, 06:33 PM
He misinterpreted. DBR was saying that basically we had lousy coaches, and that the coaching changes reflected that. So it was the coaches that were keeping the ACC down, not the coaching changes.

Tony Bennett, Gottfried, and Larranaga are all upgrades. Turgeon is a really solid replacement. Purnell was solid, but Brownell looks like he could be an improvement. Same for the Hewitt/Gregory situation.

So no, DBR was not saying the coaching changes are the reason the ACC was down. They were saying the coaches at a bunch of places were lousy, and the fresh blood injection should do the conference some good.

Yeah... that's two misses now for DeCourcy.

JasonEvans
10-04-2013, 06:49 PM

"Meh"

Dang, that is brilliant. It is nuanced and thoughtful. It inspires one to reach all kinds of other conclusions such as "whaaa?" and "yup" and even "whatyoutalkinboutwillis?"

Decourcy 1, DBR 0.

-Jason "or NOT!" Evans

53n206
10-04-2013, 07:47 PM
Jason:
Will you sell me a few of your pitchforks?
Just spent a couple of evening with two of our great grads: Bill Futrell and Jay Wilkinson. Super times and really funny stories. We all think OU will beat TCU.

Edouble
10-05-2013, 01:06 AM
"Meh"

Dang, that is brilliant. It is nuanced and thoughtful. It inspires one to reach all kinds of other conclusions such as "whaaa?" and "yup" and even "whatyoutalkinboutwillis?"

Decourcy 1, DBR 0.

-Jason "or NOT!" Evans

Well, it is a tweet and he has to keep it somewhat sort. Even your mom would know that!

JasonEvans
10-05-2013, 10:02 AM
Well, it is a tweet and he has to keep it somewhat sort. Even your mom would know that!

That is what multiple tweets are for ;)

hudlow
10-05-2013, 10:39 AM
He shoulda said...."just sayin"

The is the ultimate "end all" when one doesn't want to or can't defend their position....

Scorp4me
10-05-2013, 11:26 AM

Two words for ya...pony express. It's going to revolutionize national media coverage there by allowing kids to choose to attend college anywhere they like instead of simply in "ACC states".