PDA

View Full Version : Why I love Atlanta

Lavabe
08-28-2007, 11:43 AM
Apparently, Sweetwater Brewery is opening a pub in Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson Airport, in Concourse B ... Concourse B as in BREWERY!!

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/business/delta/stories/2007/08/27/sweetwater0827.html

Any other reasons to love Atlanta?

Cheers,
Lavabe

dkbaseball
08-28-2007, 11:50 AM
How about some love for Schipold Airport in Amsterdam. There the B would stand for brothel or bordello, which last I heard was in the planning stages.

EarlJam
08-28-2007, 12:00 PM
Apparently, Sweetwater Brewery is opening a pub in Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson Airport, in Concourse B ... Concourse B as in BREWERY!!

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/business/delta/stories/2007/08/27/sweetwater0827.html

Any other reasons to love Atlanta?

Cheers,
Lavabe

On my way to work this morning, out of the corner of my eye I saw hair going up, down, up, down, up, down just off of Peachtree Street. There on the grass in front of a building, about 15 young, attractive, "healthy" ladies were doing sit-ups in the grass while wearing somewhat "revealing" gym clothes - right in front of traffic. Horns were honking, men's heads were turning, traffic was slowing down.

I thought to myself? Would this ever, could this ever happen in Burlington, North Carolina? The answer was easy: No way man. No way.

Atlanta and it's seemingly limitless population of ladies is another reason to love this city.

-EarlJam

throatybeard
08-28-2007, 12:22 PM
Atlanta is a ecological travesty of the first order, but that Sweetwater is some good beer. They already had a couple taps in the TGIF in that termainal, so I'm glad to hear they'll expand into their own space.

hurleyfor3
08-28-2007, 12:28 PM
Atlanta... the L.A. of the east. Has all the bad things about L.A. and none of the good things.

Lavabe
08-28-2007, 12:33 PM
Atlanta is a ecological travesty of the first order, but that Sweetwater is some good beer. They already had a couple taps in the TGIF in that termainal, so I'm glad to hear they'll expand into their own space.

The TGIF taps were limited. You'll now have the choice of Sweet Georgia Brown Ale, 420, the Hummer (Summer Ale), Blueberry, the IPA, the Pilsener, and their winter ale ... among others. I wonder if they'll bring out their old ESB.

Have the Schlafly Brewery folks opened up a pub in Lambert? I'd put their Oatmeal Stout up against any other stout.

Cheers,
Lavabe

EarlJam
08-28-2007, 12:34 PM
Atlanta... the L.A. of the east. Has all the bad things about L.A. and none of the good things.

Atlanta is home to the most beautiful women in the United States. So, on your point of "none of the good things," I must beg to differ. Unless you are saying that L.A. has no beautiful women, hence Atlanta could not share that quality. I doubt that though.

I do, however, get a large part of your point: smog, traffic, crime, earthquakes (hey, we had one about five years ago!).

-EarlJam

hurleyfor3
08-28-2007, 12:41 PM
No, LA has the best-looking women. Atlanta's are not quite up to snuff, although they may be a bit, um, more accessible.

Atlanta has cheaper housing costs. I'll grant that.

DukieInKansas
08-28-2007, 12:45 PM
EarlJam.

;)

Lavabe
08-28-2007, 12:49 PM

Come to think of it, you may have a point, after all:
LA has David Wells ... we had Bob Wickman.
LA has smog ... we have smog and heat.
LA is a few hours from Las Vegas ... we're a few hours from ... the giant peach.
LA has Pink's hot dogs ... we have the Big Chicken.
LA has no pro football ... we have Joey Harrington.
LA has a college football team that may go undefeated ... we have the undefeated Emory Eagles football team.
LA has Dodger Stadium ... we have DBR nights at the Ted!

;>)
Cheers,
Lavabe

throatybeard
08-28-2007, 12:51 PM
The only reason Atlanta has more affordable housing is that, aided by fossil fuel waste, it has annexed hundreds, if not thousands, of square miles of forest and farmland.

Atlanta does have a better long-term hydrological location that LA. There is that. And it's about 1100 feet above sea level, which ought to regulate its heat, or it would if it weren't a flaming urban heat island.

Proximity to Las Vegas is nothing to be proud of. If anything in this country is a more absurd display of sprawl-mess than Florida/the Southeast/Texas, it's Phoenix and Las Vegas.

I'm not sure if Schafly's got their own place in Lambert...I've only ever been in the A terminal. I'll tell you in a few months.

DevilAlumna
08-28-2007, 01:31 PM
My favorite thing about Atlanta is that everyone seems to mistake the Interstate number signs for speed limit signs. 8 lanes at 85 mph is a LOT of fun to drive. :D

captmojo
08-28-2007, 03:18 PM
No, LA has the best-looking women. Atlanta's are not quite up to snuff, although they may be a bit, um, more accessible.

More constructed the way nature intended.

Earl, didn't the guys in Gibsonville clog traffic in Elon trying to see the ladies lying in the sun?

Lavabe, a peach? I always thought of it as huge sunburned butt in the sky. Some sort of pagan statue.

captmojo
08-28-2007, 03:34 PM
8 lanes at 85 mph is a LOT of fun to drive. :D

Don't try this weekdays at 8 am.

EarlJam
08-28-2007, 03:38 PM
More constructed the way nature intended.

Earl, didn't the guys in Gibsonville clog traffic in Elon trying to see the ladies lying in the sun?

Lavabe, a peach? I always thought of it as huge sunburned butt in the sky. Some sort of pagan statue.

Captmojo, first of all, where are you from???

Secondly, an absolutely true story: EarlJam was once driving his car down Haggard Avenue in Elon when he saw a female student walking up the sidewalk donning a plaid skirt, white sheer knee-highs and a bow in her hair (you know, the traditional "Catholic" look. EarlJam then proceeded to accidentally drive up over the curb, taking out a small hedge. That was not right of her to do that.

Thirdly, yes, the big "peach" in Gaffney. Most definitely looks like a couple of large, rotund buttocks.

-EarlJam

captmojo
08-28-2007, 03:53 PM
Captmojo, first of all, where are you from???

Secondly, an absolutely true story: EarlJam was once driving his car down Haggard Avenue in Elon when he saw a female student walking up the sidewalk donning a plaid skirt, white sheer knee-highs and a bow in her hair (you know, the traditional "Catholic" look. EarlJam then proceeded to accidentally drive up over the curb, taking out a small hedge. That was not right of her to do that.

Thirdly, yes, the big "peach" in Gaffney. Most definitely looks like a couple of large, rotund buttocks.

-EarlJam

Uranus.

Great story.

Every time I go past "the butt" I expect to see a crowd encircling it bowing, with arms raised.:D :D :D :D

EarlJam
08-28-2007, 04:23 PM
Every time I go past "the butt" I expect to see a crowd encircling it bowing, with arms raised.:D :D :D :D

Not really bowing, but very, very close....

-Earl "Peach" Jam

Shammrog
08-28-2007, 04:26 PM
Uranus.

Great story.

OK. What is the little "nub" at the bottom?

(Uh. Nevermind.)

captmojo
08-28-2007, 04:30 PM

(Uh. Nevermind.)

Yes, mind.

Taintville SC:D :D :D

EarlJam
08-28-2007, 04:48 PM

(Uh. Nevermind.)

A closer look at, "the little nub"....

1X Zoom:

10X Zoom:

50X Zoom:

I KNEW IT!

-EarlJam

TillyGalore
08-28-2007, 04:50 PM
A closer look at, "the little nub"....

1X Zoom:

10X Zoom:

50X Zoom:

I KNEW IT!

-EarlJam

I find any post with Doherty's picture included absolutely repulsive!

throatybeard
08-28-2007, 04:59 PM
I find any post with Doherty's picture included absolutely repulsive!

Of course you know, this means war.

http://www.duke.edu/~bct1/images/DohSquat.jpg

TillyGalore
08-28-2007, 05:07 PM
Of course, you know this means war.

Why? Why do you taunt me so? I rooted for the Cardinals last year.

Shammrog
08-28-2007, 05:08 PM
Of course, you know this means war.

http://www.duke.edu/~bct1/images/DohSquat.jpg

Matt Doherty. "Pinching one off" atop a plexiglass toilet...

EarlJam
08-28-2007, 05:08 PM
Arrrrrrrrrrgghghghgh!!! Give me your children! I will eat them!!!

EarlJam
08-28-2007, 05:10 PM
Natas! Natas! Oh sweet SATAN!!!!

TillyGalore
08-28-2007, 05:17 PM
EarlJam, you're killing me. Killing me with those pics of THAT man. AAAAAAAGGGHHHH!!!!

hc5duke
08-28-2007, 07:06 PM

There are good parts of L.A.? What?

captmojo
08-28-2007, 09:52 PM
I just fell out of my chair laughing.:D :D :D :D

tecumseh
08-28-2007, 11:18 PM
What did y'all have down there nine days in a row over 100, guess you like working in laundromats also.

tecumseh
08-29-2007, 04:07 PM
I spent several wonderful years in Atlanta, but my fond memories do not include August heat. Unfortunately some of the great things...cycling routes...have been over run by growth. I don't miss Atlanta traffic either I guess.

JBDuke
08-29-2007, 06:06 PM
There are good parts of L.A.? What?

I like the South Bay area - especially Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach, and Redondo Beach. Good "scenery", good restaurants, and a nice ocean view. Plus, the climate is very mild. Even when the Santa Ana winds are blowing, the areas right near the water are often nice and cool.