PDA

View Full Version : A cameo in the MJ vs. OJ video

Zeb
10-03-2013, 11:45 AM
As I watched the video in the link about MJ vs. OJ (found here: http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2013/10/michael-jordan-really-taught-o-j-mayo-a-lesson-at-jordan-camp-video/), I spied Kyle Singler at the the 1:33 mark, getting up off the floor as MJ walks to the sideline. Singler was in the same high school class as Mayo I believe, which gives me further confidence that's him.

I'm sure there are other players we would recognize in the video if I studied it more. Anyone else recognize anyone else?

jcannon
10-03-2013, 03:14 PM
Good catch! I missed his appearance at the 1:33 mark when I watched it the first time, but I did see him at the :37 mark. The red head kid playing hard and showing off his help-side defense, in a pickup game, gave it away. Kyle always played at full speed, which was the thing I always admired most about him.

SilkyJ
10-03-2013, 03:52 PM
Oh its definitely Singler. You can hear the announcer say "Kyle" at 1:26 right before it pans to him (meaning he was calling Kyle in for the next game). He also falls down around :40 when jordan gets a reverse layup.

Also, that means OJ wasn't the only high schooler at the camp despite his claim that he was. Just pumping himself up to be more than he is...shocking

Turtleboy
10-03-2013, 06:55 PM
I wish that had been the one on one video as promised by the website.

g-money
10-04-2013, 01:07 AM
I wish that had been the one on one video as promised by the website.

MJ probably had the cameras turned off - didn't want to ruin the kid's NBA career...

Turtleboy
10-04-2013, 04:17 AM
MJ probably had the cameras turned off - didn't want to ruin the kid's NBA career...Sure. It just would have been nice if the author had bothered to watch the video he was touting.