PDA

View Full Version : FB: East Carolina 55, UNC-CH 31

OldPhiKap
09-28-2013, 02:40 PM
ECU 28, UNC 10 in the third quarter. Avast, matey!!! Arrrrrr!

grossbus
09-28-2013, 02:57 PM
Now 35-17

JNort
09-28-2013, 03:04 PM
This game better not go over. LSU and Georgia game is the highlight of my day today.

rocketeli
09-28-2013, 04:44 PM
I went to Inside Cryolina to see what the problem with their football team is. Apparently it was all the ref's fault.

arnie
09-28-2013, 04:48 PM
I went to Inside Cryolina to see what the problem with their football team is. Apparently it was all the ref's fault.

Yep the refs gave ECTC 36 first downs and 605 yards of offense.

throatybeard
09-28-2013, 09:48 PM
I meant to post in this thread, but I've been laughing hysterically for hours.

moonpie23
09-28-2013, 10:56 PM
"Flagship"...........lol:rolleyes:

ForkFondler
09-28-2013, 11:01 PM
I meant to post in this thread, but I've been laughing hysterically for hours.

Gather your wits, then post again.

oldnavy
09-29-2013, 07:47 AM
I guess that whole "having to go to class thing" is a problem after all.

Great game to watch as an ECU alum and lifelong Duke fan (double the reason to say GTHC) ... ECU dominated the game from start to finish.

Indoor66
09-29-2013, 08:18 AM
Gather your wits, then post again.

Hey, Mr. Fondler, You had a misspelling. It should have been WILTS.

Devil549
09-29-2013, 08:26 PM
My son went to Chapel Thrill (he is a ECU grad) and was going to leave at half time to join me at the DUKE game but guess what....a butt kicking kept him in the stadium the entire game. Of course he saw some pretty good defense by DUKE (Troy only scored a FG after he arrived).

GO PIRATES!!!!!!

burnspbesq
09-29-2013, 11:14 PM
Nice to know that if we get to the last week of the season needing one more win to be bowl-eligible, we'll get it.

moonpie23
09-30-2013, 07:33 AM
Lane Kiffen is available

wilko
09-30-2013, 08:31 AM
Lane Kiffen is available
Hes the best Coach available for UNC!

As we were camped our side of Harris-Teeter selling Scout popcorn yesterday after-noon, I personally thanked several folks in Pirate purple and yellow for beating the Holes. Just trying to spread goodwill and all...

Kimist
09-30-2013, 02:44 PM
ENJOY !!

ECU game (http://boblee.agilesite3.com/Blogs/BobLee-Says/September-2013/Other-than-THAT-Mrs-Lincoln-how-was.aspx)

"Imagine you’re a proud UNC alum/fan and you live east of I-95 ..... OUCH. Tar Heels in Rocky Mount, Wilson, Kinston, Goldsboro, New Bern et al are advised to call-in sick this week."

k

Devil549
09-30-2013, 04:04 PM
The ironic part of ECU beating Unc in football there are a lot of ECU football fans/Unc basketball fans in eastern NC....never have understood them they hate Unc in football but love them in basketball.

Of course many NC State fans in the east and some DUKE fans.

I have also noticed thru the years many Redskins and NY Yankee fans as well.....of course before the Panthers all Redskins game were on CBS in the east.

Great day to be a Blue Devil and a Pirate SEPT 28, 2013!!!!!!

TruBlu
09-30-2013, 04:08 PM
ENJOY !!

ECU game (http://boblee.agilesite3.com/Blogs/BobLee-Says/September-2013/Other-than-THAT-Mrs-Lincoln-how-was.aspx)

"Imagine you’re a proud UNC alum/fan and you live east of I-95 ..... OUCH. Tar Heels in Rocky Mount, Wilson, Kinston, Goldsboro, New Bern et al are advised to call-in sick this week."

k

So, since when do they have to call in sick? Seems like they are well versed on just being "no shows". (or is that just for athletes in classes . . . and sometimes on the field)

p.s. Thanks for the link.

throatybeard
09-30-2013, 05:11 PM
The ironic part of ECU beating Unc in football there are a lot of ECU football fans/Unc basketball fans in eastern NC....never have understood them they hate Unc in football but love them in basketball.

Of course many NC State fans in the east and some DUKE fans.

I have also noticed thru the years many Redskins and NY Yankee fans as well.....of course before the Panthers all Redskins game were on CBS in the east.

Great day to be a Blue Devil and a Pirate SEPT 28, 2013!!!!!!

My Grandfather (1916-1993) cheered for both the Redskins and the Cowboys. The Redskins were pretty much North Carolina's team before there were the Panthers, but he also loved Tom Landry. I think because Landry was Methodist? I never figured that out and he's not around to ask.

jimsumner
09-30-2013, 06:28 PM
My Grandfather (1916-1993) cheered for both the Redskins and the Cowboys. The Redskins were pretty much North Carolina's team before there were the Panthers, but he also loved Tom Landry. I think because Landry was Methodist? I never figured that out and he's not around to ask.

Rooting for both the Redskins and the Cowboys requires a level of cognitive dissonance that defies rational comprehension.

Indoor66
09-30-2013, 06:52 PM
Rooting for both the Redskins and the Cowboys requires a level of cognitive dissonance that defies rational comprehension.

Think if he also liked Denver. :confused::eek::cool:

matt1
09-30-2013, 07:31 PM

That is not as bad as my having family members who root for both Duke and Carolina.

ForkFondler
09-30-2013, 08:20 PM
ENJOY !!

k

Here's one of my favorite bits:

It’s 2013..... and Carolina "is Wake Forest" and will likely "be Wake Forest” certainly the next two months and possibly next season too. It takes that long to stockpile enough depth of talent to play upper level ACC / BCS Football.

Not very long ago, the Heels would surely have been compared to someone else.

Newton_14
09-30-2013, 10:03 PM
I guess that whole "having to go to class thing" is a problem after all.

Great game to watch as an ECU alum and lifelong Duke fan (double the reason to say GTHC) ... ECU dominated the game from start to finish.

Mrs Newton_14 is a Southern Miss grad and loved every minute of that beat down her former coach took from a former C-USA Rival, while coaching at his "better opportunity" school. She and her family had a really good day Saturday.

The wheels continue to fall off at the Dump on The Hump. Football team in shambles, losing to ECU is bad enough, getting smoked by ECU at home is even worse. Meanwhile on the sport where they hang their hat, their star player PJ "I should be a Convicted Felon by Now" Hairston has run enough wind sprints to reduce his sentence to one or two gaames against the sacrificial lambs of the early schedule, and even with him they are not exactly world beaters.

Flagship Indeed

dukeofcalabash
10-01-2013, 03:15 AM
Mrs Newton_14 is a Southern Miss grad and loved every minute of that beat down her former coach took from a former C-USA Rival, while coaching at his "better opportunity" school. She and her family had a really good day Saturday.

The wheels continue to fall off at the Dump on The Hump. Football team in shambles, losing to ECU is bad enough, getting smoked by ECU at home is even worse. Meanwhile on the sport where they hang their hat, their star player PJ "I should be a Convicted Felon by Now" Hairston has run enough wind sprints to reduce his sentence to one or two gaames against the sacrificial lambs of the early schedule, and even with him they are not exactly world beaters.

Flagship Indeed

PJ must be running in some sort of "Time Machine" that simply changes the event to a "bad dream".

jjasper0729
10-01-2013, 07:47 AM

Wouldn't that be the same as someone that liked both the Yankees and the Dodgers or Giants when all three were in the city?