PDA

View Full Version : Tickets to the Champions Classic on Sale Oct 1st

jimrowe0
09-27-2013, 10:20 AM
Tickets to the event go on sale October 1st through Ticketmaster I believe. I will definitely be flying up for these games.

Two great games in Chicago on November 12th.

Duke v Kansas, Wiggins vs Jabari
Kentucky v Michigan St.

Ticket prices range from $39.00 - $405

DavidBenAkiva
09-27-2013, 03:31 PM
Tickets to the event go on sale October 1st through Ticketmaster I believe. I will definitely be flying up for these games.

Two great games in Chicago on November 12th.

Duke v Kansas, Wiggins vs Jabari
Kentucky v Michigan St.

Ticket prices range from $39.00 - $405

I've been looking around the internet for tickets to these games (well, the Duke game. The other is a bonus). I would LOVE to go. There are tickets available on StubHub and through ticket exchange currently. Where did you see that tickets for the event go on sale Oct. 1?

CLW
09-27-2013, 04:23 PM
I just received an e-mail on this:

Limited tickets for the 2013 State Farm Champions Classic will go on sale Tuesday, Oct. 1. The third annual event will be played Tuesday, Nov. 12, at the United Center in Chicago.

The State Farm Champions Classic features an ESPN doubleheader of at Kentucky vs. Michigan State7:30 p.m. ET, followed by Duke vs. Kansas at 9:30 p.m.

Ticket prices range from $39 to $405.

Tickets can be purchased at Ticketmaster.com...

By calling Ticketmaster at 1-800-745-3000...

By visiting the United Center box office.

lorneymikez
10-01-2013, 11:12 AM
I tried to grab a pair at the exact second they went on sale and was completely shut out. Anyone have any luck? Hoping that it's a Ticketmaster issue and not completely sold out already.

Bluedog
10-01-2013, 11:18 AM
I tried to grab a pair at the exact second they went on sale and was completely shut out. Anyone have any luck? Hoping that it's a Ticketmaster issue and not completely sold out already.

Nope, no luck. Seems crazy. I clicked right at 10 am...annoyingly, the Champions Classic website said 10 am ET, even though it was 10 am CDT...I should have acted faster when Duke offered tickets to me through their allotment - as they sold out quicker than expected. D'oh! Very high demand for this double header it seems.

lorneymikez
10-01-2013, 11:26 AM
Nope, no luck. Seems crazy. I clicked right at 10 am...annoyingly, the Champions Classic website said 10 am ET, even though it was 10 am CDT...I should have acted faster when Duke offered tickets to me through their allotment - as they sold out quicker than expected. D'oh! Very high demand for this double header it seems.

Spoke with a Ticketmaster customer service rep who told me that there isn't a single ticket available, which seems fishy. She advised trying throughout the day in case the tickets are being released in blocks instead of all at once. Good luck!

ChillinDuke
10-01-2013, 11:26 AM

No luck either. Same thing as you guys.

I've tried just about every avenue I can think of, including connections. Pretty frustrated. These tickets are remarkably hard to get this year - I guess proximity to KU/Mich St/UK given the last two years were in NYC and Atlanta?

Ughh.

- Chillin

Cameron
10-01-2013, 11:53 AM
No dice here, either. Unfortunately, I had to resort to giving a scalper a piece of my liver on Stubhub. Damn bastards. I'm in the building, at least.

Good luck to the rest of you.

Dev11
10-01-2013, 12:44 PM
Spoke with a Ticketmaster customer service rep who told me that there isn't a single ticket available, which seems fishy. She advised trying throughout the day in case the tickets are being released in blocks instead of all at once. Good luck!

It's incredible how little information Ticketmaster gives out about the *service* their provide.

ChicagoCrazy84
10-01-2013, 07:01 PM
I don't think it is that out of the ordinary, I am sure all 4 schools were given quite an allotment (which I am sure was used up) leaving Ticketmaster with next to nothing. Also this is the type of event that would have a lot of corporate events so I am sure they held some back for partners, clients, and all those guys Not to mention Bulls season ticket holders were probably given a presale. Going through the school(s) was definitely the way to go with this. I was able to get a crappy pair in the upper baseline right at 10am but I had already bought some from Duke so I sold the ones I bought today for a pretty penny :)

Cameron
10-01-2013, 07:46 PM
Out of curiosity, because I guess I never really thought to check, how easy was it for non-Iron Dukes to get their hands on tickets for this event via the Duke pre-sale? The reason I never bothered with it was thinking that boosters and students would have first dibs and that there wouldn't be any left over.

MartyClark
10-01-2013, 08:24 PM
I don't think it is that out of the ordinary, I am sure all 4 schools were given quite an allotment (which I am sure was used up) leaving Ticketmaster with next to nothing. Also this is the type of event that would have a lot of corporate events so I am sure they held some back for partners, clients, and all those guys Not to mention Bulls season ticket holders were probably given a presale. Going through the school(s) was definitely the way to go with this. I was able to get a crappy pair in the upper baseline right at 10am but I had already bought some from Duke so I sold the ones I bought today for a pretty penny :)

I wasted a lot of time this morning, repeatedly trying to get two tickets. That's my problem but I'm curious how you could pay a premium, on Stub Hub or similar sites yesterday, to get a ticket.

I'm now thinking about heading to New York on November 21 and 22 for the Madison Square Garden games. Go Duke, it's going to be a good season.

Bluedog
10-01-2013, 08:54 PM
Out of curiosity, because I guess I never really thought to check, how easy was it for non-Iron Dukes to get their hands on tickets for this event via the Duke pre-sale? The reason I never bothered with it was thinking that boosters and students would have first dibs and that there wouldn't be any left over.

They sold out in about three days after I received the presale email "exclusive to alumni volunteers." I tried one day too late. The ticket situation this year is very different from MSG and the Georgia Dome. They were much more readily available at both of those sites. Obviously, the Georgia Dome is much larger but MSG is smaller. Check out the Champions Classic Facebook page if you want to see a lot of angry people about the ticket situation this year.

crimsonandblue
10-01-2013, 09:24 PM

Yeah. United Center holds 21,500. Each school was reportedly given an allotment of 4,000. I'm sure corporate partners, big shots, etc. got their crack via Bulls or Blackhawks connections. Makes for a tough ticket. I've received an indication through KU that my group got their seats, but we're yet to get word in what location or price range (they're holding money based on the highest price level and will refund to actual). Should be a fantastic doubleheader and time in Chicago. Looking forward to a good couple of matchups.

Cameron
10-01-2013, 10:25 PM
They sold out in about three days after I received the presale email "exclusive to alumni volunteers." I tried one day too late. The ticket situation this year is very different from MSG and the Georgia Dome. They were much more readily available at both of those sites. Obviously, the Georgia Dome is much larger but MSG is smaller. Check out the Champions Classic Facebook page if you want to see a lot of angry people about the ticket situation this year.

Thanks for the info. That pretty much solidifies my thoughts.

While Chicago is great and will feature an exciting atmosphere for the event, it's a shame that they didn't hold it in Indianapolis at Lucas Oil Stadium. As you allude to, the larger venue definitely would be more accommodating to the collection of fanbases that are involved. Duke, UK, Kansas and MSU are as big as it gets. Hopefully, Indy is named as one of the hosting sites as part of the next cycle of the Champions Classic, replacing Chicago. New York and Atlanta are already locks, I imagine.