PDA

View Full Version : Al still has it!

JStuart
09-27-2013, 06:34 AM
Although I never had any worries, Prof. Featherston exhibits once again that there is no better ACC- or national- sports writer out there.
Today's article on the main page is sportswriting at its finest, and shows up the current local stuff that passes for sports reporting as the watered-down, 3.2%, bud lite that it is.
Al brings it once again, demonstrating what good, top-fermented, 6.5% heavy ale writing that should be out there for all to savor. (devildeac, are you reading this?)
Those of us old guys who DO remember York Larese (I think he shot his free throws underhanded, but I digress) and the old Dixie Classic can fully appreciate how well Al crafts his articles, and doesn't just recycle the good stories without a good reason. (I would have loved to have seen the Pitino bar empty out after Laettner's shot: hadn't heard that episode before)
Thanks to DBR, and thanks to Al for such fine work.
JStuart

devildeac
09-27-2013, 10:16 AM
Although I never had any worries, Prof. Featherston exhibits once again that there is no better ACC- or national- sports writer out there.
Today's article on the main page is sportswriting at its finest, and shows up the current local stuff that passes for sports reporting as the watered-down, 3.2%, bud lite that it is.
Al brings it once again, demonstrating what good, top-fermented, 6.5% heavy ale writing that should be out there for all to savor. (devildeac, are you reading this?)
Those of us old guys who DO remember York Larese (I think he shot his free throws underhanded, but I digress) and the old Dixie Classic can fully appreciate how well Al crafts his articles, and doesn't just recycle the good stories without a good reason. (I would have loved to have seen the Pitino bar empty out after Laettner's shot: hadn't heard that episode before)
Thanks to DBR, and thanks to Al for such fine work.
JStuart

Yes, I am reading and I disagree. "Heavy ales" are better/more accurately characterized as ABV of ~8% or greater. I think Al is about 10% ABV quality writing;).

Jarhead
09-27-2013, 01:32 PM
Yes, I am reading and I disagree. "Heavy ales" are better/more accurately characterized as ABV of ~8% or greater. I think Al is about 10% ABV quality writing;).

Nah, I'd class him as pure.