PDA

View Full Version : Duke Football vs. Troy - My son's first game. Some questions for you guys.

DevilFalcon
09-23-2013, 11:00 PM
I'm planning to take my 4 year old son (and the grandparents) to the game this Saturday vs. Troy. I see lots of tickets available on goduke. Am I better off buying there, or going to the game and getting tickets? I imagine there will be lots of open seats against Troy, but then again it is homecoming. Any recommendations are appreciated.

Anyone else who has taken a young child have any advice?

Thank you in advance! Go Duke! Let's get a W!

Devil in the Blue Dress
09-23-2013, 11:18 PM
There are some activities specifically to entertain young children. Outside the stadium near Cameron (on K'ville) there's a bouncy house and face painting is available. Inside the stadium there are some activities as well.

The concessions in the stadium include hot dogs which many children will eat. There's also pizza which may appeal to younger children. Be advised that you won't be able to take any food or beverages into the stadium unless you can document a medical need. Here's a rundown of all sorts of game day information:http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=635259&SPID=72334&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=1178945

It's Homecoming Weekend and Duke Employee Day, either event could add quite a few people to fill the stadium. Between 10A and noon there will be a free open practice presented by the men's basketball team.... another event that could draw a lot of people on campus to compete for the public parking.

nyesq83
09-24-2013, 01:26 PM
I believe employees get 4 tickets each for the game.

4Gen
09-24-2013, 02:25 PM
There will be more tickets than you can shake a stick at for $5 each.

cf-62
09-24-2013, 03:44 PM
There will be more tickets than you can shake a stick at for $5 each.

Not like year's past -- the new rule this year is that regardless of how many tickets you CAN order, or DID order, you can only get enough for the people that walk into the employee tailgate tent.

So the droves of doctors and professors that got 4 tix, then the neighbors or parents bagged them - those $5 tickets will not be available, period.

BigWayne
09-24-2013, 04:34 PM
Get there early because of the demand for parking and so the kid can enjoy the bounce house, etc.
Check the map at the link above to figure out where you can park, especially if the grandparents
need the handicap parking.

Finding tickets once you get there should not be terribly difficult.

Devil in the Blue Dress
09-24-2013, 06:29 PM
When we say early, keep in mind the free open basketball practice 10A-12N which will draw early arrivals to the public lots.

DevilFalcon
09-28-2013, 11:11 PM
Thank you everyone for helping. We all had a great time today. From watching the open practice, my sons first time in Cameron, to Duke winning an exciting game in all of our first time in Wallace Wade, it was a blast.

OldPhiKap
09-29-2013, 08:01 AM
Thank you everyone for helping. We all had a great time today. From watching the open practice, my sons first time in Cameron, to Duke winning an exciting game in all of our first time in Wallace Wade, it was a blast.

Great to hear! Hope y'all got a chance to enjoy the campus as well,