PDA

View Full Version : Must read on Korleone Young

SoCalDukeFan
09-20-2013, 12:42 PM
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9687657/the-life-former-prep-pro-nba-player-korleone-young

SoCal

superdave
09-20-2013, 03:51 PM
Quote by Clarence Gaines Jr in there. Son of Clarence "Big House" Gaines of Winston-Salem State fame.

FerryFor50
09-20-2013, 10:00 PM
Sounds like Young really hasn't learned much.... still licking his wounds.

-bdbd
09-21-2013, 12:26 AM
Very good read. I wish more HS top prospects read about guys like that, instead of just seeing the Kobe's and the KG's. Very sobering.

I also liked the Duke connections to Grant - he defended Grant Hill in his prime for the Pistons as well as anybody - and the mention of the respect that he has for Laettner.

But in the end, this is a very sad story. Just so much potential all just wasted away.

uh_no
09-21-2013, 02:53 PM
Very good read. I wish more HS top prospects read about guys like that, instead of just seeing the Kobe's and the KG's. Very sobering.

I also liked the Duke connections to Grant - he defended Grant Hill in his prime for the Pistons as well as anybody - and the mention of the respect that he has for Laettner.

But in the end, this is a very sad story. Just so much potential all just wasted away.

eh...i'm cynical enough to think that if you're likely to fall into such a trap, your ego is big enough to say "yeah but that won't happen to me, I'm more like kobe than I am like korleone"...and thus reading such stories is a waste

Edouble
09-21-2013, 06:17 PM
eh...i'm cynical enough to think that if you're likely to fall into such a trap, your ego is big enough to say "yeah but that won't happen to me, I'm more like kobe than I am like korleone"...and thus reading such stories is a waste

I can't decide if I agree with you or not, but I think instead of reading about it, if young players saw tape of how good these guys were, e.g. Young dunking on Battier/Lewis, who are both NBA Champions, some players might be give it some thought.

wsb3
09-22-2013, 03:13 PM
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9687657/the-life-former-prep-pro-nba-player-korleone-young

SoCal

I agree. I just finished reading it.