PDA

View Full Version : ACC Game times and TV networks announced for 9-21

jimsumner
09-09-2013, 12:19 PM
Thursday, Sept. 19
Clemson at NC State, ESPN, 7:30 p.m. (previously announced)

Saturday, Sept. 21
North Carolina at Georgia Tech, ESPN, ESPN2 or ESPNU*, Noon
Marshall at Virginia Tech, ESPNU, ESPNews or ESPN3*, Noon
Wake Forest at Army, CBSSN, Noon (previously announced)
Pitt at Duke, ACC Network, 12:30 p.m.
Tulane at Syracuse, RSN, 12:30 p.m.
West Virginia vs. Maryland (Baltimore), ABC, ESPN, ESPN2 or ESPNU*, 3:30 p.m.
VMI at Virginia, ESPN3, 3:30 p.m.
Bethune-Cookman at Florida State, ESPN3, 6 p.m.
Savannah State at Miami, ESPN3, 7 p.m.

Devil in the Blue Dress
09-09-2013, 12:56 PM
Thursday, Sept. 19

Saturday, Sept. 21

Thank you for posting this information, Jim.

With so many of The ACC games at midday, it's pretty clear that ESPN considers The ACC games to be fillers in their scheduling.

CameronBornAndBred
09-09-2013, 01:02 PM
Grrrrrrr!!!!!!!!

Bob Green
09-09-2013, 01:39 PM
That makes for a very early morning for me driving down from Norfolk so it is a good thing I am an early riser. Saturday afternoon football is great, but I was hoping for a 4 pm or 6 pm kick-off in order to facilitate a full day at Tailgate.

OldPhiKap
09-09-2013, 01:59 PM

With so many of The ACC games at midday, it's pretty clear that ESPN considers The ACC games to be fillers in their scheduling.

To be fair, until we beat GTech the early games other than UNC/GT probably have little more than very regional interest.

Devil in the Blue Dress
09-09-2013, 02:05 PM
To be fair, until we beat GTech the early games other than UNC/GT probably have little more than very regional interest.
While that is true, the scheduling for the conference as a whole has generally been for earlier games this season. On Sept. 21, most of the conference games cluster around midday.... suggesting that few of the conference games merit later kickoffs.;)

devildeac
09-09-2013, 02:11 PM
Grrrrrrr!!!!!!!!

We can adapt. In fact, I'll order my French toast with OJ, a fresh fruit compote, scrambled eggs, a rasher of bacon, a couple biscuits and a Hardywood Sidamo Coffee stout (or any other chocolate/coffee breakfast stout will do, too). Let's say, about 0930? That leaves about 30 minutes before KO for a pastrami or corned beef sammich, too. I'd also like to order an early Crowder KO or punt return for a TD, a Cockrell pick six and a Duncan dash from about mid-field for another 6er. With 3 Ross Martin PATs on the side, too :-D .

loran16
09-09-2013, 02:25 PM
Thursday, Sept. 19

Saturday, Sept. 21

Hmmm, hope that WLNY (TV 55 on Cablevision, Channel 10 on TWC iirc) is still an acc network affiliate in NY. Anyone know?

Devil in the Blue Dress
09-09-2013, 02:54 PM
Hmmm, hope that WLNY (TV 55 on Cablevision, Channel 10 on TWC iirc) is still an acc network affiliate in NY. Anyone know?
Check this link for the network affiliates. The game featured was played 9/7, but the affiliates listed are those carrying The ACC Network. http://www.theacc.com/#!/news-detail/ACC-Network-September-7-MTSU-at-North-Carolina_09-02-13_3uds9h

It was hard to find even this list, but it may be helpful nonetheless.

ricks68
09-09-2013, 03:00 PM
We can adapt. In fact, I'll order my French toast with OJ, a fresh fruit compote, scrambled eggs, a rasher of bacon, a couple biscuits and a Hardywood Sidamo Coffee stout (or any other chocolate/coffee breakfast stout will do, too). Let's say, about 0930? That leaves about 30 minutes before KO for a pastrami or corned beef sammich, too. I'd also like to order an early Crowder KO or punt return for a TD, a Cockrell pick six and a Duncan dash from about mid-field for another 6er. With 3 Ross Martin PATs on the side, too :-D .

I can see recommending the bacon, eggs, biscuits (with lots of butter--or margarine), pastrami (not lean, of course), and then throw in lots of caffeine, for your patients to drum up business.:rolleyes: For you, however, that should be a different story. I want you to still be around when I come to visit all you guys for games.;)

ricks

loran16
09-09-2013, 03:51 PM
Check this link for the network affiliates. The game featured was played 9/7, but the affiliates listed are those carrying The ACC Network. http://www.theacc.com/#!/news-detail/ACC-Network-September-7-MTSU-at-North-Carolina_09-02-13_3uds9h

It was hard to find even this list, but it may be helpful nonetheless.

Thanks DITBD! WLNY is still listed, so people in the NYC Metro area will get the game on their TVs. Sweet.

Devil in the Blue Dress
09-09-2013, 03:53 PM
Thanks DITBD! WLNY is still listed, so people in the NYC Metro area will get the game on their TVs. Sweet.
You're welcome! We aim to please.;)

matt1
09-09-2013, 04:10 PM
Ahh! The CW is no longer an affiliate in Philly. Well, at least, we have the game on the Spanish FOX Station (and I do speak Spanish). It is either that or ESPN3, I guess.

CameronBornAndBred
09-09-2013, 04:20 PM
No worries, we've already started discussing bbq grill to breakfast grill logistics. :cool:

awhom111
09-09-2013, 09:09 PM

Ahh! The CW is no longer an affiliate in Philly. Well, at least, we have the game on the Spanish FOX Station (and I do speak Spanish). It is either that or ESPN3, I guess.

The final list for this game will probably not be out until later in the week as there can be a few changes. I check this sort of thing every morning so I will post it when I see it (I admit that I no longer keep a giant spreadsheet of affiliates for every ACC Network and ACC RSN syndicated game though). Also, ESPN blackout maps will be probably be available way closer to game time, which is important this year because the increasing size of the ACC footprint will probably make the area larger.

ForkFondler
09-09-2013, 10:24 PM

Most of the ACC games are indeed fillers. The bone of contention is that the two games of conference (and divisional) interest are at a) noon and, b) the same time. They are totally dumping on the Coastal division, which after FSU and Clemson, is the cream of the crop [that's my story till proven otherwise].

throatybeard
09-09-2013, 10:27 PM
We (the ACC) are going to be treated as irrelevant as long as we're irrelevant. Relevance is built over years and decades.

Fortunately Clemson and Miami have struck mild blows for mild relevance in the last two weeks. UNC and VT didn't.

OldPhiKap
09-09-2013, 10:34 PM
We (the ACC) are going to be treated as irrelevant as long as we're irrelevant. Relevance is built over years and decades.

Fortunately Clemson and Miami have struck mild blows for mild relevance in the last two weeks. UNC and VT didn't.

Agree with this totally. I am an ACC homer, but live in SEC country. There is a reason SEC games get big national coverage. I hope we get there, but we have to earn it. Not one year, but several.

Maybe consolidation and improved teams in the middle make a difference, time will tell.

ForkFondler
09-09-2013, 10:45 PM
Agree with this totally. I am an ACC homer, but live in SEC country. There is a reason SEC games get big national coverage. I hope we get there, but we have to earn it. Not one year, but several.

Maybe consolidation and improved teams in the middle make a difference, time will tell.

Yeah, I get all that. But for for those of us who DON'T live in SEC country, would it be so hard to schedule GT-NC and Duke-Pitt at different times when there's really nothing else on all day?

OldPhiKap
09-09-2013, 10:51 PM
Yeah, I get all that. But for for those of us who DON'T live in SEC country, would it be so hard to schedule GT-NC and Duke-Pitt at different times when there's really nothing else on all day?

I wish tv did not drive this, but of course if it didn't we would still be an eight team conference.

I am with you in spirit. Truly. But the big dogs run the yard.

Duvall
09-09-2013, 10:52 PM

That's one of the reasons why college football is a deeply silly sport. It takes decades to prove relevance? Whatever.

UNC and VT were unranked teams playing away from home.

OldPhiKap
09-09-2013, 10:54 PM
UNC and VT were unranked teams playing away from home.

Playing two SEC teams in the top 10.

ForkFondler
09-09-2013, 11:08 PM
I wish tv did not drive this, but of course if it didn't we would still be an eight team conference.

I am with you in spirit. Truly. But the big dogs run the yard.

That's not exactly my point. I blame ESPN for not extracting top dollar from their secondary markets - cause I ain't gonna watch the big dogs for more than a few minutes anyway.

Here is a Turtle
09-14-2013, 05:31 AM
That's not exactly my point. I blame ESPN for not extracting top dollar from their secondary markets - cause I ain't gonna watch the big dogs for more than a few minutes anyway.

I'm just tired of watching bad feeds on ESPN3. I briefly watched the Duke/Memphis game and was annoyed by how poor the quality of that feed was. I wish Swafford wasn't so quick to give everything to Raycom and ESPN.

CameronBornAndBred
09-14-2013, 07:02 AM
I'm just tired of watching bad feeds on ESPN3. I briefly watched the Duke/Memphis game and was annoyed by how poor the quality of that feed was. I wish Swafford wasn't so quick to give everything to Raycom and ESPN.

I was even more ticked that the goduke.com inside access radio feed didn't work at all. Luckily, I was given a working espn3 login, so I was happy to watch our fuzzy blue pixels win.

Here is a Turtle
09-14-2013, 01:08 PM
A bad feed is better than no feed, but I still feel like ACC games should be treated better than being given a feed that looks like it was filmed with a potato.

Dev11
09-16-2013, 09:01 AM
An in-and-out feed is better than what the B1G gets. If your game isn't on tv, it's not on.

killerleft
09-16-2013, 01:02 PM
My feed, coming from AT&T's Uverse, was very good in Greensboro. I also watched the penultimate Under the Dome at the CBS site the other night and had a perfect picture. I'm not sure what the variables are. Nothing at work comes in good, probably due to the firewalls.

awhom111
09-16-2013, 04:44 PM
Here is the list of the 88 stations that will carry the game:
http://www.theacc.com/#!/news-detail/ACC-Network-on-September-21-Pitt-at-Duke_09-16-13_nrhcqr

By my side calculations, the 87 (Hagerstown and Washington are in the same market) DMA coverage in theory makes the game available to 58.46% of the television households in America with no extra charge. Of course in theory, the number will be way lower than that since a lot of the stations are digital subchannels that not everyone can get.

I will post the ESPN3/Gameplan blackout map as soon as I see it. You can also watch the game on the ACC network website.

I will try to answer questions if anyone has them.

sagegrouse
09-16-2013, 04:49 PM
Here is the list of the 88 stations that will carry the game:
http://www.theacc.com/#!/news-detail/ACC-Network-on-September-21-Pitt-at-Duke_09-16-13_nrhcqr

By my side calculations, the 87 (Hagerstown and Washington are in the same market) DMA coverage in theory makes the game available to 58.46% of the television households in America with no extra charge. Of course in theory, the number will be way lower than that since a lot of the stations are digital subchannels that not everyone can get.

I will post the ESPN3/Gameplan blackout map as soon as I see it. You can also watch the game on the ACC network website.

I will try to answer questions if anyone has them.

Y-a-a-a-a-y-y!!! Channel 20 in Denver will carry the game, and -- mirabile dictu-- it is part of my local station package through DirecTV.

sage

awhom111
09-19-2013, 10:10 AM
http://assets.espn.go.com/gameplan/images/2012/blackout/1081737.jpg

That is the blackout map for the game. If you live in the black areas, you can only watch on your local ACC Network affiliate or on the ACC website. ESPN3 and ESPN Gameplan are options for anyone in the green area.

CameronBornAndBred
09-19-2013, 05:04 PM
http://assets.espn.go.com/gameplan/images/2012/blackout/1081737.jpg

That is the blackout map for the game. If you live in the black areas, you can only watch on your local ACC Network affiliate or on the ACC website. ESPN3 and ESPN Gameplan are options for anyone in the green area.

Good thing I'm going to the game, because New Bern, only 2 hours away, is in the green. Figures.