PDA

View Full Version : Team Picture

jacone21
09-06-2013, 03:15 PM
From the Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/DukeMBB)...

Looking good!

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/998111_584458544925891_563835670_n.jpg

NCDBlueDevilsTC78
09-06-2013, 03:42 PM
Is there a picture of just the team in Cameron like the bottom of that picture posted. My son wants to put that as his background on his Ipad. I would appreciate it, if anyone could post that picture.

Thanks again, GO DUKE

Bob Green
09-06-2013, 04:23 PM
How's this?

MChambers
09-06-2013, 04:42 PM
How's this?

Can someone get some cinder blocks in the background, so we can start assessing our post defense?

Kedsy
09-06-2013, 04:50 PM
Can someone get some cinder blocks in the background, so we can start assessing our post defense?

I was thinking the same thing. Jabari appears to be the shortest guy in the back row.

cato
09-06-2013, 05:22 PM

That's silly. We don't need cinder blocks -- we have bleachers in the background.

What we need is the correct conversion rate from cinder blocks to bleachers.

DukieInKansas
09-06-2013, 05:24 PM

Do the men in suits in the back row have any eligibility left? They have some height!

killerleft
09-06-2013, 06:56 PM
There needs to be a horizontal conversion as well. Andre's upper arms seem to be much bigger now than before. Will this extend his useful shooting range to 40 feet?:eek:

mr. synellinden
09-06-2013, 07:22 PM
Amile looks a lot bigger.

OZZIE4DUKE
09-06-2013, 07:53 PM
I didn't know Jabari is wearing #1. Special number for a special player! :cool:

Clay Feet POF
09-06-2013, 08:18 PM
Anyone know how much weight Jefferson has gain, he looks similar to Alex now.

Duvall
09-06-2013, 08:24 PM
Anyone know how much weight Jefferson has gain, he looks similar to Alex now.

Officially he's gone from 195 to 210. Unofficially, it looks like he might have gained a bit more, doesn't it?

roywhite
09-06-2013, 08:42 PM
LOL. Gotta love the attention that some team pictures get here on the EK forum, where cinder blocks have become an official unit of measure.

Photos of the Cuban missile build-up in 1962 got less scrutiny from experts. :)

Oh, by the way, Marshall Plumlee is a large, tall young man, isn't he?

Clay Feet POF
09-06-2013, 08:45 PM
Officially he's gone from 195 to 210. Unofficially, it looks like he might have gained a bit more, doesn't it?

Thanks I'm hopping for 10 more.

NCDBlueDevilsTC78
09-06-2013, 09:43 PM
How's this?

I appreciate the picture, but when he put it on his background the players were very blurry. Could anyone put the picture from twitter, it was bigger and clearer. I would appreciate any help

bbosbbos
09-06-2013, 11:49 PM
I love it

subzero02
09-07-2013, 01:43 AM
There are a few things that I really like about this picture but I will focus on only two... The first is Andre's smile; it's great to see him back... The blue/white game will be special, so will his first 3 pointer. The second is Tyler Thorton holding the ball; hopefully it is emblematic of the leadership he will provide this year.

subzero02
09-07-2013, 01:50 AM
I didn't know Jabari is wearing #1. Special number for a special player! :cool:

Yeah, I thought he had gotten permission from Jwill to wear #22...

ricks68
09-07-2013, 04:24 AM
I sure hope that's not the official poster picture.:confused:

ricks

NCDBlueDevilsTC78
09-07-2013, 12:07 PM
Could someone please attach a bigger version of the team picture. When I put it on my son's Ipad as his background each team member's face is very blurry. If someone could give me some technology advice to make people look cleaner I would appreciate it.

Bob Green
09-07-2013, 12:49 PM
Could someone please attach a bigger version of the team picture.

Look here:

https://twitter.com/JayBilas/status/375776545970733056/photo/1

allenmurray
09-07-2013, 04:54 PM
Same number of people in suits as people in uniform.

Faison1
09-08-2013, 10:15 AM
Look here:

https://twitter.com/JayBilas/status/375776545970733056/photo/1

That's an amazing point Bilas makes. 34 years. Pretty hard to comprehend in this day and age. I think Dean made it for 36 years.

We are very lucky.

Henderson
09-08-2013, 03:11 PM
Oh, by the way, Marshall Plumlee is a large, tall young man, isn't he?

Why yes, yes he is. Wouldn't it be nice if Marshall turned out to be the surprise star of this team? I'll bet he's thinking the same thing. A strong powerful consistent contribution from him could be the unexpected tipping point for the team this year. The difference between a Sweet Sixteen or Elite Eight appearance and a natty.

Henderson
09-08-2013, 03:12 PM
That's an amazing point Bilas makes. 34 years. Pretty hard to comprehend in this day and age. I think Dean made it for 36 years.

We are very lucky.

Two words: Tom Butters.

Kedsy
09-08-2013, 03:16 PM
The difference between a Sweet Sixteen or Elite Eight appearance and a natty.

I think you are underestimating the rest of this year's team, and -- considering Marshall has not yet begun multi-player basketball activity since his surgery -- I think you are overestimating his potential impact for this season.

Indoor66
09-08-2013, 03:21 PM
I think you are underestimating the rest of this year's team, and -- considering Marshall has not yet begun multi-player basketball activity since his surgery -- I think you are overestimating his potential impact for this season.

And it is equally possible that you are underestimating his potential.

Henderson
09-08-2013, 03:23 PM

I was expressing a hope, not a prediction. This year's team might be natty-worthy. But I've been around long enough to know what a team with a dominant big can do against a Duke team without an answer. Can't just score points; have to keep the other guys from scoring too. "Pound it inside" has been a working mantra against us in the past.

basket1544
09-08-2013, 05:30 PM
My first thoughts from the picture are: "Hi Jon!" and "Wow, love seeing Andre's smile." and "Marshall is so tall."
Then I remember MP3 looks so tall because it's the first year we don't have MP1 and/or MP2 on that back line with him. Can't wait to see how he can fill his brothers' shoes. Yes, Amile looks big and Parker gets #1 so that's pretty special. Can someone tell me among the other freshmen, who is who?
Can't wait for the season to start!

jipops
09-08-2013, 08:34 PM
Why yes, yes he is. Wouldn't it be nice if Marshall turned out to be the surprise star of this team? I'll bet he's thinking the same thing. A strong powerful consistent contribution from him could be the unexpected tipping point for the team this year. The difference between a Sweet Sixteen or Elite Eight appearance and a natty.

Sounds nice but highly, highly unlikely. I'd say Amile has a better shot of being the guy you described and that seems a bit of a stretch as well. However, it does appear that Amile has a little bit of height on Parker, Murphy, and Hood - all guys listed around 6-8. If he is around 6-9 to go with that reach we may not be as small in the middle as some suggest. If we do get a "surprise star" outside our top 4, I'd say it would be Amile, but I'm not counting on a surprise star happening and I don't think we need it. We need role guys that do their jobs defensively and get the ball to open shooters.

A lineup combination of Cook, Hood, Murphy, Parker, Jefferson would be real interesting. Wonder if we'll ever see it?

DukieInBrasil
09-09-2013, 11:42 AM
i was moderately surprised by how thick Rodney Hood's arms look. I thought i remembered seeing his pix from his Fr. season, and he looked rather thin. I know it's been over a year since then and young men tend to do a lot of filling out during these years, but wow, looks like he might be able to handle the PF position pretty well.
Love seeing Andre back in the mix!

DukieInBrasil
09-09-2013, 11:48 AM
Sounds nice but highly, highly unlikely. I'd say Amile has a better shot of being the guy you described and that seems a bit of a stretch as well. However, it does appear that Amile has a little bit of height on Parker, Murphy, and Hood - all guys listed around 6-8. If he is around 6-9 to go with that reach we may not be as small in the middle as some suggest. If we do get a "surprise star" outside our top 4, I'd say it would be Amile, but I'm not counting on a surprise star happening and I don't think we need it. We need role guys that do their jobs defensively and get the ball to open shooters.

A lineup combination of Cook, Hood, Murphy, Parker, Jefferson would be real interesting. Wonder if we'll ever see it?

just to parse words a bit, but perhaps if we change "surprise star" to "surprise", we'd be less prone to take issue with the possibility of MP3, er, uh, surprising us. He had such a difficult season last year without any solid production or solid minutes that if he played, say 5-10 mpg and played in every game, and produced at a 2.5ppg and 2.5rpg level, that would be a surprise, no? Even though small, that type of production from a relatively deep bench player really could make this team so much more difficult to beat. I have no idea if that type of production is in the cards for MP3, but i would be very pleased with it, and probably a bit surprised.

jcannon
09-09-2013, 01:49 PM
Can someone tell me among the other freshmen, who is who?

Number 20 is Semi aka. the linebacker!

Matt Jones is number 13, sitting on the far left.

Also, number 45 is Nick Pagliuca, whose brother Joe played for Duke previously. He is a walk-on.

sagegrouse
09-09-2013, 01:52 PM
My first thoughts from the picture are: "Hi Jon!" and "Wow, love seeing Andre's smile." and "Marshall is so tall."
Then I remember MP3 looks so tall because it's the first year we don't have MP1 and/or MP2 on that back line with him. Can't wait to see how he can fill his brothers' shoes. Yes, Amile looks big and Parker gets #1 so that's pretty special. Can someone tell me among the other freshmen, who is who?

Number 20 is Semi aka. the linebacker!

Matt Jones is number 13, sitting on the far left.

Also, number 45 is Nick Pagliuca, whose brother Joe played for Duke previously. He is a walk-on.

I had to go to the official roster (http://www.goduke.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=4200&SPID=1845&SPSID=22727)to ID the players.

sagegrouse

cato
09-09-2013, 02:17 PM

I take it Murphy is guarding the 3? I don't see* how this lineup wins out over one with Sheed (i.e., Sheed guarding the 2, and Hood guarding the 3).

*I say confidently without ever having seen Hood play.

jipops
09-09-2013, 04:42 PM
I take it Murphy is guarding the 3? I don't see* how this lineup wins out over one with Sheed (i.e., Sheed guarding the 2, and Hood guarding the 3).

*I say confidently without ever having seen Hood play.

I'm not saying it would win out over Sheed. But I don't see Sheed playing 40mpg either. There are going to be different combinations used throughout the season. I was just pondering the possibility of one of them.

Kedsy
09-09-2013, 04:45 PM
I'm not saying it would win out over Sheed. But I don't see Sheed playing 40mpg either. There are going to be different combinations used throughout the season. I was just pondering the possibility of one of them.

My guess is Alex will be behind both Tyler and Andre in the rotation. So the lineup you've conjectured about probably won't happen too often, if at all.

jtheall
09-09-2013, 04:57 PM
In regards to the order of the players in the team photo...is there a reoccurring pattern that usually takes place?

At first I thought all the seniors were placed towards the middle in the front, but Todd Z is in the back row.
Then I was thinking it was guards in the front and forwards in the back, but Josh Hairston is on the front row (and is listed to be taller than Semi on the official roster).

Have team captains been named yet? That might explain Quinn and Tyler being front and center.

Also, it's still a little weird not seeing Chris Collins in there.

ricks68
09-09-2013, 08:16 PM
In regards to the order of the players in the team photo...is there a reoccurring pattern that usually takes place?

At first I thought all the seniors were placed towards the middle in the front, but Todd Z is in the back row.
Then I was thinking it was guards in the front and forwards in the back, but Josh Hairston is on the front row (and is listed to be taller than Semi on the official roster).

Have team captains been named yet? That might explain Quinn and Tyler being front and center.

Also, it's still a little weird not seeing Chris Collins in there.

Collins hasn't played for Duke in a long, long time. Keep up with the program, will ya.:D

ricks

basket1544
09-09-2013, 11:02 PM
Thanks for the help on identifying the freshmen. I also find it odd not to see Coach Collins.
Go Northwestern!

subzero02
09-10-2013, 12:51 AM
Thanks for the help on identifying the freshmen. I also find it odd not to see Coach Collins.
Go Northwestern!

#1 is Jabari Parker... He's 6'9" and hails from Cook county Illinois.

Saratoga2
09-10-2013, 07:27 AM
#1 is Jabari Parker... He's 6'9" and hails from Cook county Illinois.

It seems as usual that the official team roster lists the players heights with shoes on. In the case of Quinn, he may have thick soles. The good thing is that we have a lot of talented players in the 6'8" range that should not only be good scorers but are also althletic and quick. We still will Marshall to show an improvement such that he can get 25 minutes a game. We will need his size and bulk in the middle against teams with quality centers..

Ichabod Drain
09-10-2013, 08:08 AM
It seems as usual that the official team roster lists the players heights with shoes on. In the case of Quinn, he may have thick soles. The good thing is that we have a lot of talented players in the 6'8" range that should not only be good scorers but are also althletic and quick. We still will Marshall to show an improvement such that he can get 25 minutes a game. We will need his size and bulk in the middle against teams with quality centers..

If you're looking for Marshall to play 25 mpg I believe you will be gravely disappointed.

Mike Corey
09-10-2013, 08:56 AM
I sure hope that's not the official poster picture.:confused:

ricks

It's not, don't you worry. This is the team photo for GoDuke.com, the media guide, etc.

As ever, the official poster will be unveiled when the season begins.