PDA

View Full Version : Ohio State, the first LeBron school?

jipops
09-05-2013, 12:46 PM
Well this is rich...

linky (http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/9631230/lebron-james-miami-heat-gets-locker-new-ohio-state-facilities)

When does Kobe get his honorary Duke locker? or will UNC have it?

MChambers
09-05-2013, 02:00 PM
Well this is rich...

linky (http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/9631230/lebron-james-miami-heat-gets-locker-new-ohio-state-facilities)

When does Kobe get his honorary Duke locker? or will UNC have it?

Let's just get rid of the pretense that major college athletics has anything to do with academics. Absolutely brilliant.

FerryFor50
09-05-2013, 02:34 PM
Guess Ohio is finally getting over "The Decision"....

On a side note, how much $$ did tOSU have to dole out to LBJ to use his name and likeness? And if an athlete never played in college and you want to use his name, does the NCAA make a sound?

Mike Corey
09-05-2013, 02:36 PM
I'm obviously an Ohio State homer, but this is different from Duke's affiliation with Kobe in that LeBron has a business relationship with the OSU basketball program.

I agree that this is ridiculous, but the situation is at least distinguishable.

Duvall
09-05-2013, 02:39 PM
Let's just get rid of the pretense that major college athletics has anything to do with academics. Absolutely brilliant.

Actually, this seems to be getting rid of the pretense that major college athletics has anything to do with major college athletics.

JasonEvans
09-05-2013, 05:47 PM
LeBron has been in the NBA for a decade, since 2003. It is very likely that members of the high school class of 2014 and beyond will not automatically know that Bron-Bron went straight from high school to the NBA. They were, at the most, 8 or 9 when LeBron made his NBA debut and most of them have grown up keenly aware of the one-and-done era.

So, when the always honorable Thad Matta brings a recruit into the OSU locker room and said recruit says, "wow, LeBron played here!!" I wonder how often Thad decides not to correct the mistaken assumption -- 90% of the time? 100%?

-Jason "pathetic -- but then again OSU's recruiting has had a couple lean years so they may need to fudge the facts (21014 looking good for them again)" Evans

gus
09-06-2013, 09:25 AM
When does Kobe get his honorary Duke locker?

I realize you're just joking, but the concept is awful enough to me that I still have to say it. The day Kobe's name befoul's the university like that is the day I stop being a Duke fan.