PDA

View Full Version : NFL 2013 general discussion

moonpie23
09-05-2013, 11:15 AM
let's go broncos.......let's see how the altitude affects the champs!!!

rsvman
09-05-2013, 01:04 PM
I love football and enjoy the NFL every season.

But I'm NEVER (and I mean NEVER) ready for football to begin. It's bittersweet. I'm a golfer and I love to go boogie boarding in the Atlantic. I loves me my summer. And the start of football season is a harbinger of the fact that summer will soon be over. That golfing weather will be gone in a couple of months. That boogie boarding has maybe a month left, if that.

So no, I'm not ready for some football. :-(

But I'll be watching. And I'll be enjoying it immensely.

Olympic Fan
09-05-2013, 01:20 PM
I don't understand ... football started a week ago. I've already seen a ton of great games.

InSpades
09-05-2013, 04:06 PM
I don't understand ... football started a week ago. I've already seen a ton of great games.

I've never been able to get into college football. Not sure exactly what it is... the terrible playoff system? the ridiculously lopsided matchups? I enjoy watching 1 or 2 games a year (Alabama vs. Texas A&M maybe this year?) but that's about it. On the other hand I love college basketball and I'm not really a huge fan of the NBA. Maybe my college allegiances show through...

Regardless... I'm assuming the OP was referring to the #1 spectator sport in the US by a large margin... the NFL.

moonpie23
09-05-2013, 08:57 PM
are you ready for some lightning?

moonpie23
09-06-2013, 10:54 AM
wow....peyton had a huge night!!! complete destruction of the champs

brevity
09-06-2013, 01:21 PM
wow....peyton had a huge night!!! complete destruction of the champs

Are you sure that was Peyton Manning? According to the Columbus Dispatch, John Elway threw 7 touchdowns last night:
https://twitter.com/dispatcheditor/status/375961878255505409/photo/1

Does any of the NFL's recent concussion settlement money go to headline writers?
Short names = more headlines. This is why Tim Tebow still has a chance at an NFL career.
At least it wasn't the Indianapolis Star.

DukieInKansas
09-06-2013, 01:35 PM
Are you sure that was Peyton Manning? According to the Columbus Dispatch, John Elway threw 7 touchdowns last night:
https://twitter.com/dispatcheditor/status/375961878255505409/photo/1

Does any of the NFL's recent concussion settlement money go to headline writers?
Short names = more headlines. This is why Tim Tebow still has a chance at an NFL career.
At least it wasn't the Indianapolis Star.

And Peyton Manning's name is in the first sentence.

Can't decide if the editor went to journalism school at unc or osu. If s/he speaks Swahili, must have gone to osu. (or, going with my unwillingness to give either place capital letters - should osu be Tosu?)

Olympic Fan
09-06-2013, 02:22 PM
I've never been able to get into college football. Not sure exactly what it is... the terrible playoff system? the ridiculously lopsided matchups? I enjoy watching 1 or 2 games a year (Alabama vs. Texas A&M maybe this year?) but that's about it. On the other hand I love college basketball and I'm not really a huge fan of the NBA. Maybe my college allegiances show through...

Regardless... I'm assuming the OP was referring to the #1 spectator sport in the US by a large margin... the NFL.

To each his own ... I couldn't care less about the NFL, but I LOVE college football.

moonpie23
09-06-2013, 05:36 PM
pretty honey badger

Duvall
09-06-2013, 06:10 PM
Pretty good night for Peyton and the Bronco passing game. Wonder how they established that quick rapport? (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9157342/peyton-manning-throws-wes-welker-duke-workout)

matt1
09-09-2013, 11:04 PM
For some reason, I do not feel great about tonight's Eagles/Redskins game. If someone had just told me that the Eagles would win 33-27, I would have been elated, but the way we almost blew the game bothers me a little. We shall see on Sunday which is the real Eagles team.

Dev11
09-10-2013, 09:16 AM
I love football and enjoy the NFL every season.

But I'm NEVER (and I mean NEVER) ready for football to begin. It's bittersweet. I'm a golfer and I love to go boogie boarding in the Atlantic. I loves me my summer. And the start of football season is a harbinger of the fact that summer will soon be over. That golfing weather will be gone in a couple of months. That boogie boarding has maybe a month left, if that.

So no, I'm not ready for some football. :-(

But I'll be watching. And I'll be enjoying it immensely.

Try living somewhere where we just switch outdoor activities when the seasons change. You can't miss golf too much if you start skiing in October.

Oh, on topic? Watching the Redskins secondary reminds me too much of watching Duke's secondary in recent years.

hurleyfor3
09-10-2013, 01:23 PM
Wow, put a fork in the Steelers already. Pouncey out for the season and no backfield. Course a bad Steelers season is 6-10 and a decent draft pick...

A-Tex Devil
09-10-2013, 02:34 PM
There were more touchdown passes thrown this weekend than in any week ever. Secondaries across the league are getting torched right now.

SoCalDukeFan
09-10-2013, 04:21 PM
For some reason, I do not feel great about tonight's Eagles/Redskins game. If someone had just told me that the Eagles would win 33-27, I would have been elated, but the way we almost blew the game bothers me a little. We shall see on Sunday which is the real Eagles team.

I am happy with the win. Am concerned about injuries and ability to close out wins. When you slow down that offense to use up clock it loses effectiveness, and if you don't slow down then you may give the ball back too soon. I think Kelly will figure that out and come up with a way to handle it.

Offense is very dependent on Vick. Hard for me to see Foles or Barkley running it nearly as well.

RGIII was not the RGIII of last year.

In any case, Eagles should be fun to watch this year.

SoCal

matt1
09-10-2013, 07:38 PM
I am happy with the win. Am concerned about injuries and ability to close out wins. When you slow down that offense to use up clock it loses effectiveness, and if you don't slow down then you may give the ball back too soon. I think Kelly will figure that out and come up with a way to handle it.

Offense is very dependent on Vick. Hard for me to see Foles or Barkley running it nearly as well.

RGIII was not the RGIII of last year.

In any case, Eagles should be fun to watch this year.

SoCal

Yes, that first half of football was one of the most fun Eagles games (or halves) I can remember (maybe behind a few playoff games and routs of the Giants/Cowboys).

jjasper0729
09-11-2013, 07:50 AM
Wow, put a fork in the Steelers already. Pouncey out for the season and no backfield. Course a bad Steelers season is 6-10 and a decent draft pick...

DEFINITELY very distraught over this. I'm hoping it's no worse than 6-10

Highlander
09-11-2013, 08:35 PM
The Eagles ran 53 offensive plays in the first half of their game vs. the Redskins.

The Panthers ran 50 offensive plays in the ENTIRE game vs. the Seahawks.

and people wonder why Cam Newton's stats were so low this week...