PDA

View Full Version : Dunque Question

wallyman
08-29-2013, 04:44 PM
Who does the dunk near the start of this video where he dunks, pulls up on the rim and slaps the backboard?
Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri4d7sPGXXg

DukieInBrasil
08-29-2013, 05:30 PM
Who does the dunk near the start of this video where he dunks, pulls up on the rim and slaps the backboard?
Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri4d7sPGXXg

I remember Corey Maggette slapping the backboard on a dunk and getting a T for it. Can't swear that's the one in the video, but it sure looked similar.
thanks for the video, btw. Not sure if any dunk can ever top G Hill's for the combination of importance (NCAA Finals!!!), audacity (half-court allez-oups?!?!) and difficulty (one-handed, behind-the-head-grab, at the edge of the backboard and DUNK!). Mason's monster slam from this past season on that assist from Quinn has to be in the top 5 now because, man, did Mason get UP for that one!!!

superdave
08-29-2013, 05:35 PM
I can pick out Carrawell and Burgess on the court, so it's circa the season Maggette was in Durham.

AncientPsychicT
08-29-2013, 05:38 PM
I can pick out Carrawell and Burgess on the court, so it's circa the season Maggette was in Durham.

I can pick out Maggete dunking the ball, so it's safe to say your presumption has a pretty good chance of being true.

;)

jacone21
08-29-2013, 08:55 PM
My first reaction was... "Uh Oh!"

OldPhiKap
08-29-2013, 09:05 PM
Johnny's reverse will always be my favorite.

Grant's throw down early in the 1991 NC game let me know that we would get the monkey of "Duke can't win the big one" off our back.

Dahntay's slam is one i really loved at the time but have kind of regretted in retrospect.

Phil on Alonzo? Holy crud. Rest in peace, Phil -- that was major whumpus.

Greg_Newton
08-29-2013, 09:08 PM
I can pick out Maggete dunking the ball, so it's safe to say your presumption has a pretty good chance of being true.

;)

Come on, did anyone even have to watch the video? That's THE Maggette dunk. :cool:

Newton_14
08-29-2013, 09:17 PM
Johnny's reverse will always be my favorite.

Grant's throw down early in the 1991 NC game let me know that we would get the monkey of "Duke can't win the big one" off our back.

Dahntay's slam is one i really loved at the time but have kind of regretted in retrospect.

Phil on Alonzo? Holy crud. Rest in peace, Phil -- that was major whumpus.

I'm with Greg. DId not even have to watch the video to answer the Maggette O...

1. Banks over Big Ralph
2. Henderson over Alonzo
3. Johnny reverse against Navy over the poor dude trying to take a charge. sick
4. Grant NCAA FF Kansas
5. Hendo avenges Nolan in Twerpville

OldPhiKap
08-29-2013, 09:20 PM
3. Johnny reverse against Navy over the poor dude trying to take a charge. sick

That's the beauty of that play. It wasn't showing off -- it was the best way to avoid the charge.

AncientPsychicT
08-29-2013, 09:27 PM

;)

Dude, it's MaggetTe! Ya bum.

Gawsh.

Who is this guy, anyway?

P.S. ...

Come on, did anyone even have to watch the video? That's THE Maggette dunk. :cool:

No, I didn't have to. Yet, somehow, I found myself watching it anyway, on repeat, for several minutes. Weird, huh?

MCFinARL
08-30-2013, 11:46 AM
Dude, it's MaggetTe! Ya bum.

Gawsh.

Who is this guy, anyway?

P.S. ...

No, I didn't have to. Yet, somehow, I found myself watching it anyway, on repeat, for several minutes. Weird, huh?

You know we are really desperate for the season to start when people on the board start criticizing their own spelling errors.;)