CB Jared Boyd (leg)

DE Jordan DeWalt-Ondijo (leg)

LB C.J. France (lower body)

DE Britton Grier (upper body)

QB Thomas Sirk (leg)

WR Jack Wise (upper body)

OUT FOR SEASON

OT Tanner Stone (leg)

Didn't know about France or Grier. Chance for some youngsters to see action. Wise is a walk-on and I'd be surprised if Boyd plays anytime soon.

OldPhiKap
08-29-2013, 02:25 PM
Thanks as always, Jim. Here's hoping that the list next week shrinks, and does not expand.

Olympic Fan
08-29-2013, 02:32 PM
France is the bug disappointment -- he was slated to start a LB. But I don't think there's a lot of separation between him and David Helton.

Everybody else is a second-teamer or worse ... DeWalt-Ondinjo would have played a lot. With both starting DEs -- Anunike and Foxx -- rather fragile, that's a position where we need depth. Dez Johnson and Jamal Wallace can play there and they are as good as starters. NCCU ought to be a good time to look at some kids at this position -- I like what I've seen of Allen Jackson.

Actually, I think the list is good because it is so short. No knock of NCCU, but this is a week where you hold anybody who is questionable out.

We'll see what te list looks like in two weeks before the Georgia Tech game ... that's a week you play everybody who can hobble out there.