PDA

View Full Version : Kyrie meets his match (almost)...

fogey
08-29-2013, 08:13 AM
Kryie Irving runs a terrific summer camp for kids in Cleveland every year... great with the kids, and fun for all.
Kyrie never loses in his knock out shooting contest, but nearly met his match this year!

9 year old Max ("I want to go to Duke, Mom, please save up some bucks") Bonnstetter went to Kyrie's camp and wound up going head to head the NBA's best point guard (full disclosure: Max is my grandson)...

Max reached the finals, eliminated the older kids and duked it out with Kyrie, check it out here, guaranteed to make you smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buP4RnxGRjw&feature=youtu.be

MCFinARL
08-29-2013, 08:35 AM
Kryie Irving runs a terrific summer camp for kids in Cleveland every year... great with the kids, and fun for all.
Kyrie never loses in his knock out shooting contest, but nearly met his match this year!

9 year old Max ("I want to go to Duke, Mom, please save up some bucks") Bonnstetter went to Kyrie's camp and wound up going head to head the NBA's best point guard (full disclosure: Max is my grandson)...

Max reached the finals, eliminated the older kids and duked it out with Kyrie, check it out here, guaranteed to make you smile:

That's great! Thanks for sharing.

yancem
08-29-2013, 09:28 AM

That's awesome. I'm calling for the scholarship offer now, your grandson can shoot!

Jarhead
08-29-2013, 01:58 PM
This is the best thread of the off season.

DevilWearsPrada
08-29-2013, 02:30 PM

Look forward to see MAX in a few years wearing a DUKE uniform!!!!!! Love seeing Uncle Drew aka Kyrie with all the kids!!!! Great video!

Indoor66
08-29-2013, 03:37 PM
This is the best thread of the off season.

I completely agree. I truly enjoyed the entire show. Max was sooooooooooo cool throughout

duke96
08-29-2013, 03:44 PM
That's awesome. I'm calling for the scholarship offer now, your grandson can shoot!

Anyone have a view on whether Max will start, how many minutes he will get, how long he will stay before declaring, and what that will mean for our rotation?

Sorry....

Great video!

brevity
08-29-2013, 04:13 PM
Anyone have a view on whether Max will start, how many minutes he will get, how long he will stay before declaring, and what that will mean for our rotation?

Let's not jump to conclusions here. That kid is too good to be true. I'm wondering if "Max" is really part of another sly promotion for Pepsi Max.

Indoor66
08-29-2013, 04:46 PM

Sorry....

Great video!

I am really concerned that he might transfer after one year.

TruBlu
08-29-2013, 06:08 PM
I am really concerned that he might transfer after one year.

There will be no transfer for Max. Unfortunately, he probably will be a one-and-done.

WillJ
08-29-2013, 08:49 PM
Good stuff:).

moonpie23
08-29-2013, 11:03 PM
nice

Lord Ash
08-29-2013, 11:14 PM
I completely agree. I truly enjoyed the entire show. Max was sooooooooooo cool throughout

He wasn't cool... he was COLD. Not even a glance at Kyrie.

Atldukie79
08-29-2013, 11:29 PM
That will make a big impression on Max!

This reminds me of an event a dozen years ago or so when our local High School (Walton HS in Marietta...Alma Mater of Glen Rice and Ryan Harrow...hmmm) held a summer camp. Lon Kreuger, the coach of the Atlanta Hawks, had a son who played for Walton that year. He and Tony Kokoc (also with the Hawks) helped run the camp.

As a father/son hoops camp, my youngest son (9 at the time) and I participated in a free throw shooting contest. We won our half of the court...Tony Kukoc and his son won their half. So the entire gym was focused on the finals...My son and I versus Kokoc and his son!

My son hit 2-5 (a bit nervous)...Tony's son hit 2-5. I managed to leverage my only hoops skill...and hit 5-5. Tony stepped to the line needing to drain all five. He swished 3 in a row. His fourth hit rim and bounced in. That's when I joked that as a pro, rim shots shouldn't count for him. He started laughing, double clutched his shot and missed.

I can tell you my son floated out of the gym. Tony was a delight. His son was a bit miffed at dad though...asking how he could miss the shot.
We ate lunch with the Kokoc's and I can tell you Tony was terrific.

And my son never forgot that day!

HK Dukie
08-29-2013, 11:59 PM
Given this performance it's not too early to start this meme with lot's of Duke tradition...

Max sleeps with a night light. Not because Max is afraid of the dark, but the dark is afraid of Max.

Max was dropped twice as a baby. Once on Hiroshima and the other on Nagasaki.

When Max was in elementary school, his English teacher assigned an essay: "What is courage?" He received an A+ for turning in a blank page with only his name at the top.

True Story.

Indoor66
08-30-2013, 07:39 AM
Given this performance it's not too early to start this meme with lot's of Duke tradition...

Max sleeps with a night light. Not because Max is afraid of the dark, but the dark is afraid of Max.

When Max was in elementary school, his English teacher assigned an essay: "What is courage?" He received an A+ for turning in a blank page with only his name at the top.

True Story.

I agree with your meme, but I thought you were writing about the Cherryville Flash Max.

KJDuke
08-30-2013, 10:50 PM
I am one proud mama! I don't know what was better - watching Max play at Cameron or going one on one with Kyrie.
I am loving all the DBR comments!3573

KJDuke
08-30-2013, 11:40 PM
This could be better than most interesting man in the world

True Story.

dukelifer
08-31-2013, 09:13 AM
Does any one have a cinder block measurement of Max?

HK Dukie
08-31-2013, 10:39 AM
Does any one have a cinder block measurement of Max?

Max is at least 30,000 pieces of cinder block tall. Every time a cinder block is stacked up near Max it immediately shatters anticipating Max approaching.

KJDuke
08-31-2013, 11:22 AM
Please keep it coming! 3574

Max is at least 30,000 pieces of cinder block tall. Every time a cinder block is stacked up near Max it immediately shatters anticipating Max approaching.

Tom B.
09-02-2013, 01:59 PM
Please keep it coming! 3574

When Max does push-ups, he's not pushing himself up. He's pushing the earth down.

Indoor66
09-02-2013, 02:23 PM
Max can lift the world without a fulcrum.

-bdbd
09-02-2013, 03:38 PM

Does that count as a soft commit?!? ;)

fogey
09-03-2013, 09:06 AM
When Max does push-ups, he's not pushing himself up. He's pushing the earth down.

Ok, Ok... the fact is that Max fell out of the family camper as an infant and was raised by honeybadgers. When he turned one, sick of eating bee larvae and cobra heads, he crawled home from the desert to rejoin the family. Kept the house cobra free ever since. :cool:

Ichabod Drain
09-03-2013, 01:00 PM
The boogey man checks under his bed at night for Max.

Max once won a game of connect four in three moves.

Max has a bear skin rug in his room, the bear isn't dead... it's just too scared to move.

fogey
09-19-2013, 10:31 PM
He wasn't cool... he was COLD. Not even a glance at Kyrie.

Kyrie: "Max, be my agent, PLEASE, I need a killer cool negotiator for my next contract..." :rolleyes:

Max: "OK, but only if you donate to Monday Life, (http://my.mondaylife.org/fundraise?fcid=237775 ) to benefit sick kids with music therapy at Duke Univ Medical Center..." :)

Kyrie: "Well, ok, but only if you go all JJ Redick in a 'round the world' game in less than 40 seconds..." ;)

Max: "Consider it done, Uncle Drew: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK2177W_TNA "
So, thanks for your donation, and please let Cav's management I will fit them in for a little pow wow right after Sponge Bob..." :cool:

fogey
02-13-2014, 07:18 PM
Max needs some help here, for the RESTORE THE COURT project! Giving up Bday presents for the cause. http://goo.gl/w6dwwJ

Had to get this back on first page so you could see it again! Thanks! :)