PDA

View Full Version : be careful whom you trust...

grit74
08-27-2007, 12:52 PM
Last year I had a couple of bad experiences on this board.

One poster (who has already posted for this coming season) accepted my offer to sell two tickets to a game at face value, then did not follow up. When I tried to confirm the pickup on the day of the game, he admitted to accepting free tickets from someone else. So, he left me hanging, and my seats went empty.

Another poster bought my UNC tickets and then took a Carolina fan, who behaved horribly. My friends near my seats took cellphone pictures and gave me a lot of grief.

Every year, there are a half dozen games I can't make. These experiences have convinced me that I have to be more careful who gets my tickets.

BlueDevilJay
03-27-2008, 02:50 PM
Well if you decide to get rid of some for the coming season, feel free to do a background check on me and I'll take tickets to at least ONE game, cause I'd love to take my dad to a game as a belated retirement present. I haven't found anyone yet who didn't want outlandish prices for any home game.

Jarhead
04-12-2008, 03:32 PM
As a proud member of the Duke Alumni Association and the Trinity Class of 1953, I would be interested in purchasing tickets for three to five games next season. You may contact me by clicking on my online name, Jarhead, which takes you to my DBR profile. Under Contact Info you can send a private message to me. I will reply with my email address, so we may communicate about any tickets you may wish to sell. Looking forward to hearing from you.

CarterTheGreat
04-14-2008, 05:22 PM
I would love the chance to see a game at Cameron. Send me a msg through Yahoo and let me know if you need to find a couple great fans who would make you proud!

Edouble
06-25-2008, 07:34 PM
I would be willing to send digitally, pictures of me holding my Duke degree standing next to my piece of the Cameron floor drinking rotal blue tequila out of a 2001 NC shot glass, etc., etc. plus send you close-ups of me, my face, the matching names and faces of my degree and driver's liscense shot to confirm my authenticity if you'd be kind enough to sell me a pair of ACC tickets.

jmill15
07-09-2008, 10:11 AM
Anytime you have any tickets I would be glad to buy them from you. I am a die hard Duke fan and have been since childhood. I live about 45 min outside of Durham. I would not let you or your friends down. And no one that isn't a Duke fan would ever go with me.

RelativeWays
09-09-2008, 11:52 PM
I'd love two tickets to one of the exhibition games, I don't care who it is. Paid about $100 for Barton last year, took my wife who had never been and I thoroughly loved it. It was my 2nd time at CIS and 1st since 92.