PDA

View Full Version : Collins / Northwestern make ESPN MBB Homepage

ChillinDuke
08-27-2013, 04:48 PM
Anyone see the ESPN Men's Basketball homepage today? I don't see this posted.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9604227/chris-collins-brings-hope-northwestern-wildcats-college-basketball

My favorite section:

"I always wanted to have my own program and be my own coach," Collins said. "There were just so many positives about where I was at Duke, I was only going to take a job if it was something I believed in -- if it was something I was really excited to do.

"Meeting with the administration, everybody here is on the same page about really wanting this to be successful. Add in that it's 10 minutes from where I grew up, and all the friends and relationships I still have here -- it's my home. And so the opportunity was very exciting."

"Exciting" is not a frequently used word when it comes to Northwestern basketball, but thus far the reception has mirrored Collins' enthusiasm. Within days of his hiring, Collins was on campus drumming up support among students. He shot a puck at intermission of a Blackhawks game, sang "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" at Wrigley Field and received high praise plaudits from Luol Deng and Carlos Boozer, former Duke stars and current Chicago Bulls teammates.

- Chillin