PDA

View Full Version : 2013-14 schedule released

Olympic Fan
08-22-2013, 03:22 PM
The ACC just released the conference schedule -- dates, times and TV:

http://raycomsports.com/sports_labs_docs/m-baskbl/2013-14_m-baskbl_schedule.pdf

Duke just released its full schedule, but I can't find a link yet.

jmck214
08-22-2013, 03:22 PM
http://sports.chronicleblogs.com/2013/08/22/duke-basketball-releases-full-2013-14-schedule/

jmck214
08-22-2013, 03:28 PM
I have 12-1 non conference. 15-3 ACC. 27-4 overall hopefully giving way to 36-4

Olympic Fan
08-22-2013, 03:34 PM
the first thing I always look for a quick turnarounds -- and whether the schedule seems to give anybody a significant advantage (for instance a Thursday night road game followed by a Saturday afternoon gave -- when the opponent has since Tuesday to prepare).

On the whole, I think Duke comes out very well in this regard. There are some tough turnarounds, but our opponents are usually faced with the same thing -- for instance, Duke has to play at Clemson on Saturday, Jan. 11, then plays Virginia in Cameron on Monday, Jan. 13. But the Cavs have to play at NC State on the 11th, so no big deal (although I imagine the Cavs stay in the triangle).

I see just two games where our opponents have more than one extra day to prepare -- the Maryland at Duke game, Feb. 15 -- Duke has to play at UNC on Wednesday the 12th; Maryland's previous game is at Virginia, Monday the 10th). And the Duke-UNC finale Mar. 8 -- Duke is at Wake on Wednesday, Mar. 5 ... UNC's previous game is Monday, Mar. 3.

On the other hand, Duke has several gaps that work in our favor. Oddly, before both Duke=Syracuse games, the Devils have two extra days to prepare. That ought to help getting ready for Boeheim's zone.

Interesting that we have just one "bye" week in the conference season -- the weekend of Mar. 1-2. An eight-day layoff between our Feb. 25 game with VPI and our Mar. 5 game at Wake.

conmanlhughes
08-22-2013, 03:39 PM
assuming we get to, playing Arizona is going to be very tough in the NIT season tip off. Aaron Gordon is a force to be reckoned with.

conmanlhughes
08-22-2013, 03:43 PM

who do you have us losing to exactly??

hurleyfor3
08-22-2013, 03:46 PM
Feb. 22: Syracuse at Duke, 6 p.m.
Feb. 25: Virginia Tech at Duke, 7 p.m.
March 5: Duke at Wake Forest, 7 p.m.

That's a nice place to have an off week. Usually that's when we have some stupid loss to some third-tier team on the road. Instead we have 15 days between road trips, and I'm not particularly concerned about @Wake on eight days' rest.

Duvall
08-22-2013, 03:48 PM
Duke at Elon on Dec. 31 should be considered a True Road Game, which ought to quiet some of the dumber commentators.

CameronDuke
08-22-2013, 04:29 PM
I will be in Atlanta on February 18 when Duke plays at Ga Tech. Is it tough to get tickets down there at the McCamish Pavillion when Duke comes to town?

Thanks and Go Duke!

Bob Green
08-22-2013, 04:31 PM
There are some TBD games which may increase the number, but I count five weeknight games starting at 9 pm or later. While the late night starts most likely don't bother the young players; those games are very tough on me as I have to go to work very early in the morning. Of course the players are what matter not one old man looking for something to complain about. ;)

Bluedog
08-22-2013, 04:32 PM
who do you have us losing to exactly??

Even if a team is technically favored to win in every game, they're still likely to drop a few. (We may not be favored against a few teams incidentally; most likely candidates being Kansas, @Cuse, AZ). On the road in the ACC is never easy.

mgtr
08-22-2013, 04:48 PM
There are some TBD games which may increase the number, but I count five weeknight games starting at 9 pm or later. While the late night starts most likely don't bother the young players; those games are very tough on me as I have to go to work very early in the morning. Of course the players are what matter not one old man looking for something to complain about. ;)

Ahh, you would have been better off time-wise in Washington, However, yoou might not be able to get all the games. Life is just a series of trade-offs!

Olympic Fan
08-22-2013, 04:53 PM
Duke at Elon on Dec. 31 should be considered a True Road Game, which ought to quiet some of the dumber commentators.

I don't see how you figure that? The game is in the Greensboro Coliseum ... Elon is in Burlington (technically, in Elon College, which is on the outskirts of Burlington). They are closer to Greensboro than Duke, but it's hardly a true road game -- I guarantee you that there will be more Duke fans in the stands than Elon fans.

Duvall
08-22-2013, 05:00 PM
I don't see how you figure that? The game is in the Greensboro Coliseum ... Elon is in Burlington (technically, in Elon College, which is on the outskirts of Burlington). They are closer to Greensboro than Duke, but it's hardly a true road game -- I guarantee you that there will be more Duke fans in the stands than Elon fans.

I thought Elon announced that they were hosting the game, but I can't find the announcement now. I think that would make it a road game for RPI purposes, though it's not like playing UNCG in the Coliseum, which is their main (possibly only) home venue.

tbyers11
08-22-2013, 05:02 PM
First thing I noticed upon looking at the layout of the schedule was that we are not in a single Sunday night ESPNU game and the only Sunday game we have is Nov. 24th vs Vermont.

In fact, there is typically only one ACC game the majority of Sundays. The only time there is more than 2 games is the final Sunday of the season. I figured there would be fewer Sunday games with the ACC taking a Big Monday slot on ESPN, but didn't expect them to almost completely disappear. I think I like always knowing that our game will be on Saturday. Makes planning the non-basketball life easier.

pfrduke
08-22-2013, 05:13 PM
I thought Elon announced that they were hosting the game, but I can't find the announcement now. I think that would make it a road game for RPI purposes, though it's not like playing UNCG in the Coliseum, which is their main (possibly only) home venue.

I don't think it counts as a "true" road game unless it's in the opponent's arena. May be a road game for RPI purposes, but not quite the same.

Olympic Fan
08-22-2013, 06:18 PM
Just noticed another nice detail -- Duke's second exhibition game on Saturday, Nov. 2, will be continue the tradition of playing the defending Division II National champion. In this case, Drury.

That works out great -- Duke football is off that Saturday.

Just checking for conflicts -- the Oct. 26 exhibition against Bowie State is the same day as Duke football is at Virginia Tech and it's at 1 p.m., so there will probably be a conflict (the football game is very likely to be in the afternoon)

The only other potential conflict is the Countdown to Craziness at 8 p.m. on Oct. 18. The Duke football team plays at Virginia the next day, so a tough haul for anybody hoping to attend both.

There are two other Friday games in November, but both are before home football games, so no problem.

PS -- If those "stupid commentators" aren't going to give us credit for playing St. John's in the Garden or Georgetown in the Verizon center -- which ARE both home courts -- then Duke is not going to get credit for playing Elon in Greensboro.

Dev11
08-22-2013, 06:29 PM
Just checking for conflicts -- the Oct. 26 exhibition against Bowie State is the same day as Duke football is at Virginia Tech and it's at 1 p.m., so there will probably be a conflict (the football game is very likely to be in the afternoon)

Optimistic view: by the last weekend in October, Duke and VT will be in top contention for first place in the Coastal, and the game will be at 7 EST.

CLW
08-22-2013, 06:35 PM
40-0. ;)

vick
08-22-2013, 06:42 PM
Syracuse (http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/87581/syracuse-wont-move-floor-for-duke-game) decides against moving the floor to crush the on-campus attendance record when we go up there.

Reilly
08-22-2013, 09:31 PM
First thing I noticed upon looking at the layout of the schedule was that we are not in a single Sunday night ESPNU game and the only Sunday game we have is Nov. 24th vs Vermont....

That was the first thing I noticed as well. So nice. I had to pull up the ACC schedule (I was just looking at ours) to see whether there were still Sunday night ACC games .... those Sunday nighters are such a horrible "invention" ....

duke2x
08-22-2013, 10:22 PM
One other advantage on this schedule is the ND game. Classes start 1/13 at ND, and the game is 1/4. Without many students, it falls out of the tough road game category, and there will be an extra few hundred tickets available for Duke fans from Chicago, Raleigh, etc.

I'm not sure how easy/hard it will be to get tickets @GT this year. The new stadium is smaller, and GT looks to be a bubble team. They won't go on sale to late December-early January probably.

wncgrad
08-22-2013, 10:27 PM
That was the first thing I noticed as well. So nice. I had to pull up the ACC schedule (I was just looking at ours) to see whether there were still Sunday night ACC games .... those Sunday nighters are such a horrible "invention" ....

The truly horrible invention is Monday night games. So much for "student athletes" interests.

Duvall
08-22-2013, 10:28 PM
The truly horrible invention is Monday night games. So much for "student athletes" interests.

Monday games are actually better for student-athletes than Wednesday games, which they usually replace.

Dev11
08-23-2013, 08:52 AM

Given that the athletes get better slots for choosing classes, I expect that many of the players will have the All Tuesday/Thursday class schedule, which some of us were lucky enough to get so we could spend Wednesdays golfing.

pfrduke
08-23-2013, 08:54 AM
Looking over the schedules of all the schools, there are some interesting home/road patterns. Whereas in past seasons (if I'm remembering correctly) teams essentially never had more than a 2-game stretch of back-to-back home or away games, this season there are several 3-game stretches and even a scattered 4-gamer. For example, Clemson has a stretch of 5 out of 6 on the road, including back-to-back-to-back at Pitt, UNC, and FSU. Then they finish with three straight home games to end the season (Maryland, Miami, Pitt). Georgia Tech doesn't have to hit the road at all between 2/4 and 2/26, with 4 straight home games against Virginia, BC, Duke, and Clemson (they then immediately hit the road for 3 straight at Notre Dame, FSU, and Syracuse - that last pair being only 2 days apart). UVA gets itself two different 3-game home stands, one in mid-January (FSU, UNC, Virginia Tech) and one near the very end of the season (Notre Dame, Miami, Syracuse). And NC State has both a 3-game home stand and a 3-game road trip on its schedule as well.

Duke's is much more balanced, thankfully. It's very slightly road-weighted in the early part of the season (after the first UNC game, we will have played 7 road games against 5 home), but we finish with 4 out of 6 at home and have only 2 sets of back-to-back road games, both of which are time and geography friendly (Monday @ Pitt then Saturday @ Syracuse gives the team essentially all week on campus; Saturday @ BC followed by Wednesday @ UNC is similarly travel-friendly).

All told, don't be surprised if teams make some mini runs (or mini slides) during conference play when they have these chunks of home or road games together. Should make the middle of the standings a bit more volatile.

matts83
08-23-2013, 09:34 AM
This might have been answered in a different thread but can someone tell me when tickets are handed out (I know they are all sold out) but the ones get put on say (Ticketmaster, or even Ebay, or someone might know a better place) Looking to go to a Nov. game.
I live in Nebraska and want to get to a Duke game this year in Cameron, and I know I will pay a good price but its worth it. Thanks.
And sorry if this should be in a different thread. Just excited about this year and the teams we get to play against. Kansas, possible Arizona, Michigan, Q's. So many prime time match-ups.

TexHawk
08-23-2013, 10:33 AM

The Big12 has played Big Monday games forever, and the truly horrible part is the quick turnaround from a possibly tough Saturday game. The schedule-makers generally do a good job of making those home-home or road-home, at least. On the bright side, it is nice prep for the NCAA tournament schedule.

Bluedog
08-23-2013, 10:43 AM
Syracuse (http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/87581/syracuse-wont-move-floor-for-duke-game) decides against moving the floor to crush the on-campus attendance record when we go up there.

Darn, I was actually hoping for it from a benefiting Duke perspective as having that configuration would have made the stadium less noisy on the court. Less noisy with 20,000 more people you say? Yeah, much less because the court is further removed from more people. Anybody who went to Lucas Oil in Indy for the National Championship Game in 2010 and Louisville this past year could see that - with 2010 having the court in the middle and 2013 having it in the endzone. Obviously, Louisville fans were certainly more intense and loud than Butler was, but the difference in intimacy/intimidation/noise/road game factor was ENORMOUS. The setup the Syracuse currently has isn't ideally intimate like Cameron, but they do a pretty decent job getting people close to the action and block off the rest of the stadium to create a smaller venue. Having the venue be enlarged would have made honestly made it less of a road game in my mind despite the 20,000 more people in the stands.

Either way, should be a good one!

brevity
08-23-2013, 10:50 AM

Huh, the schedule I printed out didn't list which games would be losses. Since you "have" a special schedule, please let us know which 4 games Duke will lose. That way we'll be prepared, and DBR can shut down those nights around halftime.

40-0. ;)

Seriously, where do you people find these schedules?! And mods, please tell Ozzie that he's only allowed to post from one account.

hurleyfor3
08-23-2013, 10:54 AM
Huh, the schedule I printed out didn't list which games would be losses. Since you "have" a special schedule, please let us know which 4 games Duke will lose. That way we'll be prepared, and DBR can shut down those nights around halftime.

We'll just put the postgame threads up now and get the banning over with.

jmck214
08-23-2013, 12:54 PM

Seriously, where do you people find these schedules?! And mods, please tell Ozzie that he's only allowed to post from one account.

Didn't know we weren't allowed to predict what their record will be. That's usually a fun excercise when the schedule comes out. If predictions are usually created in another thread then I apologize as I am relatively new to this forum.

Philadukie
08-23-2013, 05:41 PM
In years past, someone posted a link to where we could download a CSV file for Microsoft Outlook. Anyone have that? Thanks!

gumbomoop
08-24-2013, 12:26 AM
Didn't know we weren't allowed to predict what their record will be. That's usually a fun excercise when the schedule comes out. If predictions are usually created in another thread then I apologize as I am relatively new to this forum.

No apology necessary, I'm pretty sure. You can predict on this and other threads.

My own view is that Duke will end up either

29-11,
32-8,
35-5, or
38-2
And 29-11 might be a more successful season than 38-2. I know I'd prefer 29-11 to, say, 35-2.

arnie
08-24-2013, 08:03 AM
No apology necessary, I'm pretty sure. You can predict on this and other threads.

My own view is that Duke will end up either

29-11,
32-8,
35-5, or
38-2
And 29-11 might be a more successful season than 38-2. I know I'd prefer 29-11 to, say, 35-2.

11-30 might be the best of all.

gumbomoop
08-24-2013, 08:48 AM
11-30 might be the best of all.

I like the spirit of your friendly amendment, but I'm certain this can't work out for the best, as 5 wins pre-NCAAT won't get the Devils in. Unless K really is the Devil.

But as to the spirit of your amendment, I see that, before the first game is played in November, 29-12 is preferable to 29-11. For that matter, 29-12 is preferable to 34-1. Way preferable. 34-1 would just kill us.

arnie
08-24-2013, 09:25 AM
I like the spirit of your friendly amendment, but I'm certain this can't work out for the best, as 5 wins pre-NCAAT won't get the Devils in. Unless K really is the Devil.

But as to the spirit of your amendment, I see that, before the first game is played in November, 29-12 is preferable to 29-11. For that matter, 29-12 is preferable to 34-1. Way preferable. 34-1 would just kill us.

Actually, I was thinking no wins until acc tourney, then 4 wins to take the ACC championship, placed in the round of 68 and then take it all with 7 NCAA wins. I'm not sure how many losses that would entail, since the one early tourney would end quickly for us. Maybe only 28 losses possible? Anyway, it's a silly post on my part since we'd hate lose twice to the PJ heels.

pfrduke
08-24-2013, 11:33 AM
Actually, I was thinking no wins until acc tourney, then 4 wins to take the ACC championship, placed in the round of 68 and then take it all with 7 NCAA wins. I'm not sure how many losses that would entail, since the one early tourney would end quickly for us. Maybe only 28 losses possible? Anyway, it's a silly post on my part since we'd hate lose twice to the PJ heels.

In that scenario, we'd actually need 5 wins to take the ACC championship.

Olympic Fan
08-24-2013, 01:19 PM
I don't know where the Herald-Sun got the idea that Duke and Notre Dame had never played in South Bend. DBR linked to a story about the 1995 team's win there, but that's just the tip off the iceberg. In fact, Duke has played at South Bend six times:

1974 -- 87-68 L
1987 -- 70-66 (OT) L
1989 -- 102-80 W
1991 -- 90-77 W
1993 -- 67-50 W
1995 -- 87-74 W

So that's 4-2 in South Bend. I'm not sure that the Joyce ACC was built in 1974, but I'm sure that's where the other five were played.

Overall, Duke is 19-2 against the Irish -- 6-2 in South Bend, 6-0 in Durham and 7-0 on neutral courts -- that includes two NCAA wins, including the 1978 national semifinals, which is Notre Dame's only Final Four trip.

Pitt (6-6) and Syracuse (2-2) have been much more competitive. I know that while Duke has played in the Carrier Dome (the 2000 NCAA Sweet 16), Duke has never played Syracuse in the Dome. And while Duke has faced Pitt in Pittsburgh, the last visit was 1980 so pretty sure Duke has never played in their new arena.

Kedsy
08-24-2013, 01:40 PM
If I'm reading the schedule correctly, we only play four teams twice: UNC, Syracuse, Ga Tech, and Wake. Is that right? The world is a crazy place.

Duvall
08-24-2013, 02:02 PM
If I'm reading the schedule correctly, we only play four teams twice: UNC, Syracuse, Ga Tech, and Wake. Is that right? The world is a crazy place.

Yes. Duke's schedule each year will consist of home-and-homes with rivals UNC and Wake, home-and-homes with two other teams, five teams home-only and five teams away-only.

Kimist
08-24-2013, 02:22 PM
This might have been answered in a different thread but can someone tell me when tickets are handed out (I know they are all sold out) but the ones get put on say (Ticketmaster, or even Ebay, or someone might know a better place) Looking to go to a Nov. game.
I live in Nebraska and want to get to a Duke game this year in Cameron, and I know I will pay a good price but its worth it. Thanks.
And sorry if this should be in a different thread. Just excited about this year and the teams we get to play against. Kansas, possible Arizona, Michigan, Q's. So many prime time match-ups.

The actual season tickets normally get sent to the Iron Dukes shortly before the start of the season. Since many (non-student) folks do NOT attend the Countdown to Craziness game, those tickets are normally printed separately. If that format is again followed this year, my guess is the "fancy" tickets will be mailed sometime in mid-October.

Iron Dukes also had the option of asking for extra tickets (SRO, bleachers) for six home games (Drury, Davidson, Florida Atlantic, Vermont, Gardner Webb, and Eastern Michigan) when the students are away. Availability is based upon $$ giving, time with Iron Dukes, etc.

As for the tickets available through online outlets: Be careful of scams!! Also, it should be noted that the Iron Dukes has a strict policy that tickets may not be resold on such markets. (Yes, I'm a big boy...) But the point is, resale of tickets (especially of the scalping type) can result in voiding the tickets for that game, all remaining season games, and loss of future rights to purchase for the Iron Duke member who owns such tickets. OUCH!! While I don't know what may or may not have been done in that enforcement area by the Iron Dukes, I do know of some Iron Dukes in the "high rent" (center court) section who know all of their neighbors and were a bit upset when some rowdy fans (of the ewenc or terp variety) showed up in the seats. It is my limited understanding that the powers that be would often review online sales for ticket locations....which is why most now show only the section in CIS.

FWIW: Generally speaking, except for the top-line games, with enough patience (and some change) you can get tickets from the folks outside of CIS. Avoid the usual scalpers (everyone knows who they are!!). It is not unusual to get a good seat (quietly) from an Iron Duke who has some extras. On more than one occasion I went that route (let family members use "my" seats) and ended up sitting with some very nice fans, once near center court and again a couple of rows just behind the Duke bench.

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!

k

Dev11
08-26-2013, 09:29 AM
Yes. Duke's schedule each year will consist of home-and-homes with rivals UNC and Wake, home-and-homes with two other teams, five teams home-only and five teams away-only.

I thought that for basketball, UNC is the only permanent partner, with Wake as a permanent partner for football. Clarification?

Duvall
08-26-2013, 11:13 AM
I thought that for basketball, UNC is the only permanent partner, with Wake as a permanent partner for football. Clarification?

Two primary partners in basketball. (http://espn.go.com/blog/north-carolina-basketball/post/_/id/9874/duke-ncsu-will-be-uncs-primary-partners) The ACC had announced a shift to one permanent partner earlier in 2012, but that was tossed when Notre Dame joined the league.

Football cross-divisions rivals are the same, with Syracuse and Pittsburgh now crossover rivals. Louisville will replace Maryland in all scheduling matters next year.

Dev11
08-26-2013, 11:26 AM
Two primary partners in basketball. (http://espn.go.com/blog/north-carolina-basketball/post/_/id/9874/duke-ncsu-will-be-uncs-primary-partners) The ACC had announced a shift to one permanent partner earlier in 2012, but that was tossed when Notre Dame joined the league.

Football cross-divisions rivals are the same, with Syracuse and Pittsburgh now crossover rivals. Louisville will replace Maryland in all scheduling matters next year.

Thank you, Duvall. I guess I just missed that when it came out, so here is my very late commentary. Clearly this is just a way to fairly have NC State play UNC every year. I don't think anybody else in the league has two definite rivals, although I at least like that ours is in-state.

Related, why does ESPN have a North Carolina beat reporter for basketball, and no other team? I get their push towards more local coverage (see ESPN Dallas, LA, NY, etc), but it seems like if they wanted to devote a writer to a specific program, they would roll out a handful of them, not just one. I realize that Robbi Pickeral has been around since last season on ESPN.

MarkD83
08-26-2013, 12:25 PM
Related, why does ESPN have a North Carolina beat reporter for basketball, and no other team? I get their push towards more local coverage (see ESPN Dallas, LA, NY, etc), but it seems like if they wanted to devote a writer to a specific program, they would roll out a handful of them, not just one. I realize that Robbi Pickeral has been around since last season on ESPN.

There is just so much news to cover in Chapel Hill in the off-season that it makes sense to have a full time reporter. :)

summerwind03
08-27-2013, 12:25 PM
I don't know where the Herald-Sun got the idea that Duke and Notre Dame had never played in South Bend. DBR linked to a story about the 1995 team's win there, but that's just the tip off the iceberg. In fact, Duke has played at South Bend six times:

1974 -- 87-68 L
1987 -- 70-66 (OT) L
1989 -- 102-80 W
1991 -- 90-77 W
1993 -- 67-50 W
1995 -- 87-74 W

So that's 4-2 in South Bend. I'm not sure that the Joyce ACC was built in 1974, but I'm sure that's where the other five were played.

Overall, Duke is 19-2 against the Irish -- 6-2 in South Bend, 6-0 in Durham and 7-0 on neutral courts -- that includes two NCAA wins, including the 1978 national semifinals, which is Notre Dame's only Final Four trip.

Pitt (6-6) and Syracuse (2-2) have been much more competitive. I know that while Duke has played in the Carrier Dome (the 2000 NCAA Sweet 16), Duke has never played Syracuse in the Dome. And while Duke has faced Pitt in Pittsburgh, the last visit was 1980 so pretty sure Duke has never played in their new arena.

I think they meant we had never started off the ACC season at Notre Dame, not that we had never played there. But it wasn't worded very clearly.

airowe
08-27-2013, 01:04 PM
In years past, someone posted a link to where we could download a CSV file for Microsoft Outlook. Anyone have that? Thanks!

Links for iCal (http://www.goduke.com/export/export_to_icalendar.dbml?DB_LANG=C&SPSID=25951&SPID=2028&DB_OEM_ID=4200) and Outlook (http://www.goduke.com/export/export.dbml?SPSID=22726&SPID=1845&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=4200) at the top of the schedule posted on GoDuke.com

http://www.goduke.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=4200&SPID=1845&SPSID=22726

Olympic Fan
09-12-2013, 12:21 PM
ESPN has an article out today ranking the 10 toughest schedules in the nation.

Duke comes in at No. 4 (Kansas No. 1 ... UNC No. 10).

That's interesting to me in that over the last week, they've been doing a conference-by-conference survey of schedule strengths. And during the ACC survey, they actually ranked UNC's schedule tougher than Duke's. And if I'm not mistaken, Eamonn Brennan wrote both artciles.

dball
09-13-2013, 02:34 PM
ESPN has an article out today ranking the 10 toughest schedules in the nation.

Duke comes in at No. 4 (Kansas No. 1 ... UNC No. 10).

That's interesting to me in that over the last week, they've been doing a conference-by-conference survey of schedule strengths. And during the ACC survey, they actually ranked UNC's schedule tougher than Duke's. And if I'm not mistaken, Eamonn Brennan wrote both artciles.

Saw a ranking of non-conference schedules that showed UNC as first in ACC followed by Duke. Might the difference be overall schedule strength (since teams play the unbalanced schedule)? Who knows with ESPN though :)

Duvall
09-13-2013, 02:41 PM
Saw a ranking of non-conference schedules that showed UNC as first in ACC followed by Duke. Might the difference be overall schedule strength (since teams play the unbalanced schedule)? Who knows with ESPN though :)

They were both talking about nonconference schedule strength. It was just shoddy work by ESPN.