PDA

View Full Version : Dukies in the NFL (Pre-season)

OldPhiKap
08-08-2013, 10:34 PM
Go Sean Renfree

In for the Falcons in pre-season, good luck!

uh_no
08-08-2013, 10:38 PM
In for the Falcons in pre-season, good luck!

Edit: Oops, name got chopped by spellcheck, Mods please correct!

i was just about to turn it in for the night and heard his name. I was pumped.

Duke of Nashville
08-08-2013, 10:42 PM
Saved by an off sides call on his first drive.

First and 10. Made a nice throw to the side lines rolling out of the pocket, throwing across his body, for a nice first down.

Could have converted a Third and 9 but the receiver dropped the pass....

8 minutes left. Might get another chance.

OldPhiKap
08-08-2013, 10:43 PM
Saved by an off sides call on his first drive.

First and 10. Made a nice throw to the side lines rolling out of the pocket, throwing across his body, for a nice first down.

Could have converted a Third and 9 but the receiver dropped the pass....

8 minutes left. Might get another chance.

I would think so.

Lots of good props for Cut, like to hear it!

mattman91
08-08-2013, 10:43 PM
i was just about to turn it in for the night and heard his name. I was pumped.

The crew is having a love fest over him...I like it. Has Duke really not had anyone drafted in 9 years? That is amazingly sad.

matt1
08-08-2013, 10:49 PM
Glad I saw this thread. Is he going to play another series, assuming that the Falcons get the ball back?

OldPhiKap
08-08-2013, 10:56 PM
Glad I saw this thread. Is he going to play another series, assuming that the Falcons get the ball back?

Assume so, but Falcon D pretty weak right now.

Thanks to whomever fixed my typo/spellcheck fumpah in the title!

Son of Jarhead
08-08-2013, 11:00 PM
Hopefully, he'll get some more time next week.

Go Sean!

matt1
08-08-2013, 11:18 PM
Unfortunately, due to the Falcons not being able to stop the run, we did not get another chance to see Renfree play. Hopefully, he gets playing time next week.

Thaddeus Lewis is still in the league, right? Is he still with the Browns?

Jim3k
08-09-2013, 04:22 AM
Thaddeus Lewis is still in the league, right? Is he still with the Browns?

Now with the Lions. They play Friday.

DevilFalcon
08-09-2013, 12:13 PM
Sean didn't have the greatest outing, but the Falcons as a whole had a rough night. It's just preseason. Hopefully Renfree will get some more reps in the following preseason games. Next game is Aug 15, 7:30pm at Baltimore on CBS (probably Atlanta only).

JasonEvans
08-10-2013, 06:29 PM
Now with the Lions. They play Friday.

Not sure if this means he is #4 on the depth chart (which would likely mean he will get cut) or what but Thad did not get in the game last night for Detroit. They played Shaun Hill, Kellen Moore, and some dude named Stafford.

-Jason "I'd hope he can beat out Kellen Moore... who really sucks" Evans

Jim3k
08-10-2013, 06:53 PM
Not sure if this means he is #4 on the depth chart (which would likely mean he will get cut) or what but Thad did not get in the game last night for Detroit. They played Shaun Hill, Kellen Moore, and some dude named Stafford.

-Jason "I'd hope he can beat out Kellen Moore... who really sucks" Evans

Jason, the boxscore (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013080901/2013/PRE1/jets@lions#menu=gameinfo&tab=analyze) shows that Lewis rushed 3 times for 6 yards. Longest run was 8. I presume he was in for the endgame series and told not to put the ball in the air.

Merlindevildog91
08-10-2013, 07:20 PM
Thad played one series and took the air out of the ball.

I was hoping he would go somewhere that would give him a chance, but it doesn't look like Detroit is that somewhere.

matt1
08-11-2013, 12:43 AM
Conner Vernon also caught 1 pass for 7 yards for the Raiders. I hope he makes that team.

JasonEvans
08-11-2013, 10:43 AM
Conner Vernon also caught 1 pass for 7 yards for the Raiders. I hope he makes that team.

I checked a couple sites and it looks like he is currently the #7 or #8 WR on the depth chart. I believe that most NFL teams carry about 5 or maybe 6 WRs, so Connor has some work to do to make the team. I know we are all rooting for him!

-Jason "Renfree has a good shot to make a paycheck with the Falcons as the #3 QB... but he's going to be on the practice squad most of the season unless he gets to be #2" Evans

OldPhiKap
08-15-2013, 10:47 PM
Sean got a lot ofte e tonight, looked pretty goodi thought for the most part. A few passes that kids dropped, but pretty much on the money. Hope the brass in ATL agrees.

sagegrouse
08-15-2013, 10:51 PM
Thad saw action for the Lions against the Browns. 4-6 for 38 yards and an 84.0 rating,best of the Lion QBs. Link (http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=330815005).

sagegruse

JasonEvans
08-15-2013, 11:28 PM
Sean got a lot ofte e tonight, looked pretty goodi thought for the most part. A few passes that kids dropped, but pretty much on the money. Hope the brass in ATL agrees.

Well, the bad news for Sean is that Dominque Davis, who was the Falcon's #2 QB last season, had a good night. 8-10 for 98 yards and 3 rushes for 13 yards. Davis had looked pretty bad a week ago, perhaps raising the possibility that Sean had a shot at the #2 job.

I would guess that Sean is in very good shape to make the team as the #3 QB, which likely means spending the year mostly on the practice squad. But, that's ok for a rookie. He can learn about being in the NFL and perhaps really compete for the #2 job next season.

-Jason "wanna know why preseason is silly? Falcons led the Ravens 23 - 7 until the third and fourth stringers came in and the Ravens came back to win 27 - 23... but it is clear who the better team was" Evans