PDA

View Full Version : Blue-Orange Weekend

burnspbesq
08-02-2013, 11:13 AM
Dear Schedule-Makers,

How about we welcome Syracuse to the ACC with a real bang?

I propose that the weekend of February 22-23 be designated as Blue-Orange Weekend.

Men's lax at Koskinen at noon Saturday (espnU)
Men's basketball at the Carrier Dome at 9:00 Saturday night (ESPN)
Women's basketball at Cameron at 1:00 Sunday afternoon (espnU).
Women's lax at the Carrier Dome at 4:30 Sunday afternoon (ACC DN).

matt1
08-02-2013, 12:48 PM
Dear Schedule-Makers,

I propose that the weekend of February 22-23 be designated as Blue-Orange Weekend.

That would be a lot of fun, but it may already be too late to make that happen.

flyingdutchdevil
08-02-2013, 01:01 PM
Dear Schedule-Makers,

Should we name it the Royal Dutch Weekend?

cusegrad2012
08-02-2013, 06:16 PM
Dear Schedule-Makers,

I was lurking, recognized you from CC and figured I'd chime in....I like the idea of this but don't think it would translate well, biggest problem being lacrosse. I don't think it'd be wise of the ACC to be playing conference games so early in the season. This conference is so beastly in the fastest growing sport in the country, it's very attractive content that can get top billing in the springtime. Any ACC lax game, let alone a rematch of last year's NCG, shouldn't be pitted against a full day's slate of basketball. Especially late February when conference races and bubble watching are at their peak. Even SU/Duke would probably be pushed off of ESPNU when the Mothership still has rights to so much basketball. Then we're all hoping it gets picked up by YES, MSG or SNY. The ACC ought to be pushing to get men's lacrosse games some Primetime spots on the main ESPN once March Madness is over.

Also, if the rumors about putting the basketball court in the center of the field turn out to be true (sounds like it's a done deal), I'm not sure if they'd be able to turn around and have it ready for a women's lacrosse game the next day. In the regular set up there's no doubt they could (they could probably pull off a noon basketball game-7 PM lacrosse game), but there are a lot of concerns about figuring out wiring, the temporary seats, etc. Not sure if they'd feel ok deconstructing all of that in such a short amount of time when they've never done it before.