PDA

View Full Version : Miles traded

nmduke2001
07-27-2013, 04:57 PM
Miles is headed to Phoenix...
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9513617/indiana-pacers-trade-phoenix-suns-luis-scola

Billy Dat
07-27-2013, 05:10 PM
Nice news break, I learned of this trade via this thread proving that I always check DBR before I check Twitter!

Sounds like Phoenix really wanted Miles in the deal, let's hope it means legit PT and a chance to shine.

Edouble
07-27-2013, 06:13 PM
Nice news break, I learned of this trade via this thread proving that I always check DBR before I check Twitter!

Sounds like Phoenix really wanted Miles in the deal, let's hope it means legit PT and a chance to shine.

How so? The article doesn't really make it seem that way by my reading.

gwlaw99
07-27-2013, 06:51 PM
Miles is headed to Phoenix...
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9513617/indiana-pacers-trade-phoenix-suns-luis-scola

He'll be competing with the Morris Twins, Channing Frye, Marcin Gorat, Alex Oriaki, and Alex Len for playing time

luburch
07-28-2013, 01:43 AM

From what I read the talks had been ongoing for weeks, but the Suns wouldn't accept the deal without Plumlee in it.

mgtr
07-28-2013, 04:45 AM
He'll be competing with the Morris Twins, Channing Frye, Marcin Gorat, Alex Oriaki, and Alex Len for playing time

I think that the cream of that crop has to be Gortat and Len. Miles should do fine.

toooskies
07-28-2013, 10:29 AM
Getting Plumlee lets them move Gortat without having a gaping hole at C. Or, just let him go in free agency. I bet they move him as soon as Len is healthy.

Billy Dat
07-28-2013, 11:56 AM

From what I read the talks had been ongoing for weeks, but the Suns wouldn't accept the deal without Plumlee in it.

Yeah, I based it on an Adrian Woj tweet, he's very pligged in:

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 20h
Scola talks had been ongoing for weeks but it was Indy's willingness to finally include Plumlee that compelled Suns to agree on deal.

flyingdutchdevil
07-28-2013, 02:09 PM
Getting Plumlee lets them move Gortat without having a gaping hole at C. Or, just let him go in free agency. I bet they move him as soon as Len is healthy.

This definitely makes a lot of sense. Len as C1, Plums as C2. Should be a good front court for the foreseeable future.

UrinalCake
07-28-2013, 02:15 PM
I was looking forward to him getting some playing time in Indiana, after they got rid of that scrub who was playing in front of him. But it sounds like both teams really value him.

MartyClark
07-28-2013, 06:05 PM
I was looking forward to him getting some playing time in Indiana, after they got rid of that scrub who was playing in front of him. But it sounds like both teams really value him.

I wish him well but it's hard to believe that either team values him that highly. He played in 14 games last year. He averaged less than 1 point per game. He shot .238 from the field. He played 4 years of college ball and was an "old" rookie. Does he have room for improvement on a different team? Maybe. I hope so.

subzero02
07-29-2013, 12:28 AM
I wish him well but it's hard to believe that either team values him that highly. He played in 14 games last year. He averaged less than 1 point per game. He shot .238 from the field. He played 4 years of college ball and was an "old" rookie. Does he have room for improvement on a different team? Maybe. I hope so.

He still has a lot of potential... He also has a lot of competition for PT in Pheonix imho though.

Billy Dat
07-29-2013, 11:03 AM
Looks like his performance in the Orlando Summer League helped grease the skids...

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/20130727phoenix-suns-trade-luis-scola-to-indiana-pacers-for-miles-plumlee-gerald-green-and-stround-draft-pick.html

"Plumlee was a key trade component, particularly after McDonough and Assistant General Manager Pat Connelly watched him at the Orlando summer league this month. The 6-foot-11, 255-pound center averaged 10.0 points, 9.5 rebounds and 3.0 blocks in 27.0 minutes per game after getting miniscule time as a Pacers rookie in 14 appearances.

“He rebounds well and he’s an athletic big man who can run the floor and get out and finish on the break,” McDonough said. “I like him and his potential. He’ll fit right in with how we want to play.”

Plumlee, whose brother, Mason, was drafted 22nd this year by Brooklyn, was drafted 26th last year by Indiana. He will make $1.12 million this year and $1.17 million next season once the Suns pick up that season’s option in October."

BD80
07-29-2013, 02:28 PM

Len had surgery on his ankle a couple of weeks ago that could keep him out of the exhibition schedule:

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/13/suns-draft-pick-alex-len-undergoes-another-surgery-on-the-right-ankle-this-time/

Could impact his PT as a rookie, it takes time to gear up to the speed and physicality of the league.

Bob Green
07-29-2013, 06:12 PM
My following of the NBA is pretty much limited to perusing box scores, but I really wish Miles the best of luck in Phoenix. Hopefully, I can spend some quality box score time with both the Plumlees next season.