PDA

View Full Version : Another former mascot on the loose

rthomas
08-25-2007, 11:59 AM
All I have to say is: this guys sounds like an I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.hole. WTF?

He should be more like the other mascot, Joseph “Jeep” Wedding.

YmoBeThere
08-25-2007, 12:06 PM
Where he went to school has no relevance to his behavior.

SmartDevil
08-25-2007, 01:53 PM
Poor sportsmanship.

And I wish he wouldn't shoot his mouth off to the press that he had any former association with Duke.

cspan37421
08-25-2007, 03:46 PM
I agree. The last thing we need is to have a jerk like that confirm the widely held and unfair stereotype that Dukies are spoiled brats. But where he went to school does matter if you don't want to be painted with the same brush. And jeez, he was the mascot, so it isn't like he was just some random Dukie, where you can say any school has its jerks. This is a guy given a highly visible role to play on many nationally televised games.

Creative harrassment has degenerated to just harrassment. I'm no golfer, but it strikes me as out of place on the golf course. When I watch golf, I roll my eyes and groan when drunken fool shouts "in the hole!" the split second Tiger's tee shot hits his ear. This is so much worse.

du_bb1
08-25-2007, 05:53 PM
Inconsiderate, rude---sounds like his parents forgot to teach the boy any manners --should not have spared the rod in this case !

YmoBeThere
08-25-2007, 08:46 PM
But where he went to school does matter if you don't want to be painted with the same brush.

My thought was that he would act this way no matter where he went to school, unless it was "reform" school. Yes, the rest of us to some degree will get painted in the same color he did.

NovaScotian
08-25-2007, 10:57 PM
i think you guys are overreacting - i personally found him quite cool. its silly to me that almost every other professional athlete is subjejcted to fan noise but in golf and even in tennis the fans have to remain silent. i think its a double standard, and if you dont like heckling at golf you cant really defend any sort of chicanery that occurs at one of our mens basketball contests.

rthomas
08-25-2007, 11:21 PM
i think you guys are overreacting - i personally found him quite cool. its silly to me that almost every other professional athlete is subjejcted to fan noise but in golf and even in tennis the fans have to remain silent. i think its a double standard, and if you dont like heckling at golf you cant really defend any sort of chicanery that occurs at one of our mens basketball contests.

Where's that pancake bunny when we need him?

du_bb1
08-26-2007, 10:20 AM

like it or not--that is not the standard in golf-that behavior is not acceptable-should have been booted from the course.

YmoBeThere
08-26-2007, 11:21 AM
like it or not--that is not the standard in golf-that behavior is not acceptable-should have been booted from the course.

"if you dont like heckling at golf you cant really defend any sort of chicanery that occurs at one of our mens basketball contests."

I wasn't always happy with some of the things done at Cameron. I recall some mocking of a player from another team who was completely bald(eyebrows, etc.), I don't remember the year/game other than it was between 91-93. (Early, I think, maybe a pre-season matchup?) We had no idea why he was bald. With a friend who had battled cancer at a relatively early age (which sadly he lost) and had to deal with the hair loss from chemo, I thought it was a classless move on our part. Some times you get a single chance to be a better person, why not try and take the path that gets you there?

devilirium
08-26-2007, 11:50 PM
^agree with the general sentiment. What a loser. This kid needs a turn in a medium security prison with guys like Vick. That would be an impressionable experience on the young lad.