PDA

View Full Version : Coach K interview on NBA TV

HaveFunExpectToWin
07-21-2013, 10:27 PM
In between coverage of the summer league games, NBA TV had an interview with K while he's in Vegas. Of note he mentioned his thought process on coming back to coach Team USA. In discussing this, he mentioned his plans to coach at Duke for many years. I'm not sure I've heard it directly from him before or to this extent, but I'm glad to hear it.

Not sure if anyone can find this online.

uh_no
07-22-2013, 12:30 AM
In between coverage of the summer league games, NBA TV had an interview with K while he's in Vegas. Of note he mentioned his thought process on coming back to coach Team USA. In discussing this, he mentioned his plans to coach at Duke for many years. I'm not sure I've heard it directly from him before or to this extent, but I'm glad to hear it.

Not sure if anyone can find this online.

well that's certainly good news!

he seems energized for every game and every season, and as long as he still has that drive, and as long as he's physically able, I think he will be on the sidelines leading the troops.

Of course we need to time it right with Brad Stevens failing with the newly gutted celtics so we can pick him up as the new head coach :)

HaveFunExpectToWin
07-22-2013, 10:09 AM
Found it.

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2013/07/22/20130721-gametime-coachk.nba

It also looks like Team USA is having its training camp broadcast on Tuesday. Probably worth setting the DVR.

dukelifer
07-22-2013, 07:32 PM

he seems energized for every game and every season, and as long as he still has that drive, and as long as he's physically able, I think he will be on the sidelines leading the troops.

Of course we need to time it right with Brad Stevens failing with the newly gutted celtics so we can pick him up as the new head coach :)

Well if you believe in conspiracy theories- the newest member of Duke's board of trustees, Stephen Pagliuca, is co-owner of the Celtics. He will know when K will retire and can encourage Stevens to "resign" at the appropriate time ;)

wsb3
07-24-2013, 05:00 PM

Or the timing is that Chris Collins gets a few years under his belt as a HC and comes back to DUKE.

Edouble
07-25-2013, 02:00 AM
Or the timing is that Chris Collins gets a few years under his belt as a HC and comes back to DUKE.

Much more likely scenario. Collins has appeared to be being groomed for Coach K's spot for a while now.