PDA

View Full Version : Golden to GaTech

Olympic Fan
07-20-2013, 01:36 PM
Huge transfer news ... Trae Golden to Georgia Tech

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9494887/ex-tennessee-volunteers-guard-trae-golden-going-georgia-tech

If Trae Golden is eligible to play this season, he makes a HUGE impact on the Tech roster. Gregory has some nice wings (Georges-Hunt, Chris Bolden) and a trio of solid post players (Miller is a veteran 7-footer; Carter is a potential star), but he doesn't have anything resembling a point guard ... until now. Golden -- 13 ppg, 4 apg -- at Tennessee last year is far better than Soloman Poole or Corey Heywood.

Funny, when Golden announced he was leaving Tennessee about a month ago, a former Ga Tech official told me that Tech wouldn't touch him with a 10-foot pole because of academic issues. Golden addresses those in the story -- says he's in good academic standing and denies the rumors floating around (that he was dismissed from UT because of cheating).

In a way, it's like Dez Wells going to Maryland last year -- dismissed from Xavier after allegations of sexual assault -- charges later dismissed -- he made the Terps a lot better in 2013. To me, Golden -- if he gets his waiver -- lifts Georgia Tech to the top of the middle in the ACC next year and makes them at least a borderline NCAA contender.

Henderson
07-20-2013, 02:44 PM
I posted a couple weeks ago that many players looking to transfer seem to have a sick relative that justifies the move. It was poo-poo'ed at the time. But notice....