PDA

View Full Version : Peach Jam - EYBL Championship

Sandman
07-06-2013, 05:41 PM
The 2013 Peach Jam - the Nike EYBL championship - is next week in North Augusta, SC. The 16U play starts Tuesday, July 9 at 9:00; the 17U play starts Thursday, July 11 at 9:00. [URL="http://www.nikeeyb.com/Events/eybl-finals-at-the-nike-peach-jam-2k13/[/URL]

I know we are interested in Jones, Okafor, Winslow, and Grayson at this tournament, but who are some other players at the Peach Jam that the Duke staff will be taking a close look at? I hope to attend some of these games and would appreciate any info on other Duke targets who will be participating. The Peach Jam is always a great opportunity to see the best high school talent and is a veritable "whose who" of the college coaching fraternity.

Thanks!!

Newton_14
07-06-2013, 07:27 PM
The 2013 Peach Jam - the Nike EYBL championship - is next week in North Augusta, SC. The 16U play starts Tuesday, July 9 at 9:00; the 17U play starts Thursday, July 11 at 9:00. [URL="http://www.nikeeyb.com/Events/eybl-finals-at-the-nike-peach-jam-2k13/[/URL]

I know we are interested in Jones, Okafor, Winslow, and Grayson at this tournament, but who are some other players at the Peach Jam that the Duke staff will be taking a close look at? I hope to attend some of these games and would appreciate any info on other Duke targets who will be participating. The Peach Jam is always a great opportunity to see the best high school talent and is a veritable "whose who" of the college coaching fraternity.

Thanks!!

You missed Kevin Looney. Not sure if he is at Peach Jam or not but he is a Duke target and great prospect.

tommy
07-07-2013, 10:51 AM
You missed Kevin Looney. Not sure if he is at Peach Jam or not but he is a Duke target and great prospect.

Looney's Milwaukee Rebels squad does not play on the Nike circuit, so he will not be playing at the Peach Jam.

Newton_14
07-07-2013, 01:21 PM
Looney's Milwaukee Rebels squad does not play on the Nike circuit, so he will not be playing at the Peach Jam.

Thanks Tommy. Hard to keep up with which kids are Nike guys and which are Addidas, UnderArmour, etc.

Kind of sad how the shoe agencies dictate where these kids get to play, but when the Shoe Company is the main sponsor of the league and/or tourney, not much can be done about it.

tommy
07-07-2013, 03:00 PM

Thanks!!

Of those on my updated list in the "2014 Recruiting" thread, at the Peach Jam it'll be the four you noted plus Payton Dastrup who runs w Cal Supreme. Stanley Johnson and the Oakland Soldiers will be there too but with him announcing that we won't get an official visit it appears we're out of it with Stanley. Myles Turner is the guy I'd really like to have seen here but his Texas Select squad is an Under Armour team so they're not on the EYBL circuit. Exum doesn't play AAU ball and the others are on teams that will not be at the Peach Jam either. That's just the 2014 kids.

Of the 2015's, Malik Newman and the Jackson Tigers are there. Elijah Thomas and Team Texas will be there. Malachi Richardson and Team Final will be there. Ivan Rabb runs w the Oakland Soldiers, so he'll be in action as well. I think that's all.

Sandman
07-08-2013, 12:24 PM
I appreciate all the info. This really helps me choose the games to watch. If this year's PJ is like the recent ones, seating for some of the games could be problematic! However, it is really amazing to see the talent on display, no matter which games you watch. High school players are from a different universe than when I played 50 years ago!!!

The Peach Jam is always fun. I encourage any basketball fan who can do so to check it out -- you will certainly be entertained, not only by the games, but also by the posturing of the elite of the nation's college coaching fraternity and high school players --- reminds me somewhat of the mating rituals of peacocks!