PDA

View Full Version : We're looking forward to the new battles with all of you

IDigSU
07-06-2013, 11:55 AM
Joining the ACC for Cuse fans is amazing. Kind of like a dream come true. The BE was dead and we are glad to be in REAL basketball country. We're not sure how the season will go but I hope we can be right in the mix of things. We have a lot of question marks on our team this year, especially in our backcourt. So be gentle with us.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
07-06-2013, 12:17 PM
Welcome to the fray! I thoroughly expect and hope for Syracuse to push the rest of the ACC and contend for league honors year in and year out. For an expansion era driven by football (which I care nothing about) I am very pleased with the additions to our basketball roster. And you can count on LOTS of support every year as you play UNC.

Best,

GO DEVILS!

Olympic Fan
07-06-2013, 01:15 PM
Glad to have you guys ... finally.

You know, of course, that Syracuse was one of the three schools Swofford wanted to bring in in the summer of 2003, along with Miami and Boston College. They became the victim of Virginia politics (the Virginia governor wouldn't let UVa support expansion unless Virginia Tech was included). We could have had you, starting in 2005.

I've always enjoyed my trips to the 'Cuse ... Grimaldi's and Dinosaur Ribs are both outstanding. I'm hoping the school decides to reconfigure the Dome for Duke's visit -- put the court in the center of the football field, instead of one end. We could get the greatest attendance in college basketball history (at least for a regular season game).

Hope you make it down to Greensboro for the ACC Tournament. I know that a lot of 'Cuse fans -- and Boeheim -- think it's a comedown from the Garden. Give it a chance before you dis it. Obviously not as much to do outside the arena, but a real fan is going to have time for much beyond basketball. And the Greensboro Coliseum is a better experience than the dump that is the Garden.

brevity
07-06-2013, 01:44 PM
We're not sure how the season will go but I hope we can be right in the mix of things.

In its first 2 years in the ACC, Florida State finished 2nd in basketball. Not bad for a football school.

Jarhead
07-06-2013, 01:55 PM
I'm hoping the school decides to reconfigure the Dome for Duke's visit -- put the court in the center of the football field, instead of one end. We could get the greatest attendance in college basketball history (at least for a regular season game)...

Yeah, but 25,000 plus fans will have to watch it on their I Pads.

burnspbesq
07-06-2013, 02:09 PM
Some year, we should play Cuse in basketball and lacrosse at the Dome on the same weekend.

I would buy a winter coat and fly in for that.

IDigSU
07-06-2013, 02:30 PM
Joining the ACC for Cuse fans is amazing. Kind of like a dream come true. The BE was dead and we are glad to be in REAL basketball country. We're not sure how the season will go but I hope we can be right in the mix of things. We have a lot of question marks on our team this year, especially in our backcourt. So be gentle with us.

Can't wait. Thanks for all the friendly replies

Wildling
07-06-2013, 05:01 PM
Glad to have you guys ... finally.
And the Greensboro Coliseum is a better experience than the dump that is the Garden.

And a hell of a lot cheaper too!

My friends back home would go to the BE tourney every other year or so, and it was just too expensive to justify going with them while living down here in the NC.