PDA

View Full Version : Revenge of the Printer or PJ You've Got Company

ncexnyc
07-03-2013, 02:18 PM
Besides my regular job, I occasionally do some eBay business on the side. I had an Epson combo unit which I used for printing shipping labels and scanning the cards I was selling. I tried cutting costs by using Brand X ink cartridges, but a number of then don’t seem to work well or last very long. I was also starting to see some printing issues as well.

So a few weeks back the wife and I are in Staples. Epson ink for my printer costs $65 and they have several nice brand new models from the various manufacturers for right around $100. I let the wife talk me out of buying a new printer and we stick with some ink.

Now my wife and son are getting ready to go visit her family in the Philippines for a month. I get ready to print their boarding passes and they come out looking like garbage. No big deal I take care of it at work. They’re off having a good time and I’m all alone this past weekend so I decide to stop by BJ’s to treat myself to a new printer.

I buy myself a nice HP All in One machine and hook it up after work on Monday. I take the old printer out to the trash on Tuesday morning, since pick-up is in the afternoon. Now earlier I mentioned that I dabble with eBay. I had arranged a sale of three Star Wars cards to a gentleman the week prior. I had sent him a scan of the two Mark Hamill cards as well as the Anthony Forrest card and we had agreed to a sale price of $770. He contacts me yesterday to remind me of the arrangement and to let me know that he has his funds ready. I go online to post the cards and the eBay program tells me to resubmit my image as it’s too large. No problem I’ll make a new scan. Well before I do that I have to find the cards. I’m frantically looking all over my computer room for them and can’t find them. I glance over to my new shiny printer and get hit like a ton of bricks with that OMG moment. I realize I left all three cards on the scanning bed, which means they are now sitting in the local dump.

So PJ don’t feel so bad. You’re not the only person who does dumb things and eventually you’ll get over it. Now having said that, I’m only out $770, you my friend may have cost yourself a huge chunk of change.

God I feel better already just thinking about that.