PDA

View Full Version : Jabari Summer League Video

gwlaw99
06-25-2013, 05:03 PM
Hitting (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vSscbprrryU#at=213) from all over the court

subzero02
06-25-2013, 05:21 PM
Much obliged... He moves very well

Jim3k
06-25-2013, 08:06 PM
Hitting (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vSscbprrryU#at=213) from all over the court

That link goes to plays by Billy Garrett Jr. & Brandon Young, heading to DePaul. Is Parker one of the others?

Turtleboy
06-25-2013, 08:16 PM
That link goes to plays by Billy Garrett Jr. & Brandon Young, heading to DePaul. Is Parker one of the others?
#1 in blue is Parker, isn't it?

jimrowe0
06-25-2013, 08:19 PM

Parker is wearing number 1 in the video.

House G
06-25-2013, 08:25 PM
Who is the team in red--the Washington Generals?

dcar1985
06-25-2013, 08:51 PM
Some more footage of Jabari from the Nike Chi League.
http://youtu.be/PnJbWbWW51c

luvdahops
06-26-2013, 12:15 PM
While it is tough to draw any definitive conclusions from these kind of games, a few things about Jabari's game seemed notably apparent:

-very nice form and range on his jumpshot

-solid handle and good vision with the ball in his hands

-a potentially devastating go-to move with the baseline step-back jumper

-strong leaping ability, evidenced by catching the ball under the hoop and immediately elevating for a two-handed dunk with room to spare; this is not as easy as it sounds, even for a 6-8/6-9 guy

g-money
06-26-2013, 12:55 PM
With the usual caveat that highlight videos can be misleading, I'll make two suppositions about Jabari:

- In terms of playing style, I see a combination of Carmelo and Kevin Love.
- On the spectrum of focusing on winning versus flash, he's pretty far to the left.

Next year is gonna be fun.

Henderson
06-26-2013, 06:10 PM
Agreed not much flash in that video. I've only seen video of him, and so far I haven't seen a lot of lateral or explosive quickness. But Jabari has a wide enough frame to hold another 20-30 pounds. Then he'll be more like 'Melo. He does have a sweet stroke that will keep defenses honest. Smaller guys can't defend his jump shot, and bigger guys are vulnerable to his move to the basket. Plus, by all accounts, the kid is smart and basketball-savvy. Lots of upside. Yes, I like the Carmelo Anthony comparison.

subzero02
06-26-2013, 08:10 PM
We will see if Boheim makes the Carmelo comparison after we beat Syracuse next year.

OldPhiKap
06-26-2013, 08:32 PM
We will see if Boheim makes the Carmelo comparison after we beat Syracuse next year.

I think we play them twice, correct?

COYS
06-27-2013, 11:56 AM
Agreed not much flash in that video. I've only seen video of him, and so far I haven't seen a lot of lateral or explosive quickness. But Jabari has a wide enough frame to hold another 20-30 pounds. Then he'll be more like 'Melo. He does have a sweet stroke that will keep defenses honest. Smaller guys can't defend his jump shot, and bigger guys are vulnerable to his move to the basket. Plus, by all accounts, the kid is smart and basketball-savvy. Lots of upside. Yes, I like the Carmelo Anthony comparison.

While explosion might not be the best word to describe how he plays, he is very "quick" in that he makes decisions quickly and then makes his moves quickly with little wasted movement. He seems to be able to get by guys simply because his first step is so efficient. He might not be world champion in a footrace, of course. However, if the goal is simply to make a move before the defender can react, he seems to be near the top of the class.

I like the 'Melo comparison, too. 'Melo's not an elite leaper, either. However, he makes quick moves and has a good enough shot that he keeps defenses honest. That being said, if Jabari proves to be as good as Melo, then we really will be in good shape. I'll be happy to let him run his own race at Duke. Hopefully it will parallel Carmelo's tenure at Syracuse in more ways than one. :)

dcar1985
06-27-2013, 12:25 PM
Jabari's official Senior year mixtape...

http://youtu.be/oUmrfRYloKw

Henderson
06-27-2013, 12:58 PM
While explosion might not be the best word to describe how he plays, he is very "quick" in that he makes decisions quickly and then makes his moves quickly with little wasted movement. He seems to be able to get by guys simply because his first step is so efficient. He might not be world champion in a footrace, of course. However, if the goal is simply to make a move before the defender can react, he seems to be near the top of the class.

Good points. There is a lot more to being "quick" than just being quick. We're going to love this guy right out of the box.

CLW
07-04-2013, 10:51 AM
According to Dave Telep on Twitter:

R'cvd message from NBA scout who watched Jabari Parker and KD. Said KD went hard and Parker held his own

and

NBA scout on Jabari Parker: "I realize that he is not the upper echelon athlete, but he is upper echelon in every thing else."