PDA

View Full Version : Jay (Jason) Williams on HBO tomorrow

dball
06-24-2013, 05:21 PM
http://thegrio.com/2013/06/24/jay-williams-opens-up-about-career-ending-injury-on-hbos-real-sports/#52296669

Jay Williams talks about the motorcycle accident tomorrow night on HBO's Real Sports.

Billy Dat
06-25-2013, 10:25 PM
Man, that was really hard to watch. 10 years after the accident, it is clear that Jason is still very raw and not nearly past it. It can't help that he would be on the tail end of his prime had he never gotten in that crash. I think addressing it via interviews like this and talking about it can only help. Still, though, watching him break down at the site of the accident, and nearly break down several times in the interview, was really tough. I commend his bravery in consenting to do this interview and wish him the ability to make peace with what happened as time moves on.

HaveFunExpectToWin
06-26-2013, 10:59 AM
It was an interesting point that the reporter made that he doesn't think that Jason has found a replacement for basketball in his life. He is a terrific basketball analyst, but I sometimes feel there is a higher calling for him, though I can't say what it is. I only wish the best for him and hope that he is is able to fully heal some day.

OZZIE4DUKE
06-26-2013, 05:54 PM
It was an interesting point that the reporter made that he doesn't think that Jason has found a replacement for basketball in his life. He is a terrific basketball analyst, but I sometimes feel there is a higher calling for him, though I can't say what it is. I only wish the best for him and hope that he is is able to fully heal some day.
How about Basketball Czar, the position most think K is perfect for? Jason has had the best training in the world and would easily grow into the job.