PDA

View Full Version : Top 2016 recruit tears ACL, MCL, and meniscus

mattman91
06-18-2013, 07:46 PM
http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/18/top-2016-recruit-harry-giles-tears-acl-mcl-and-meniscus/

What a tragic setback for such a young kid with tons of potential.

Get well soon, Harry.

OldPhiKap
06-18-2013, 08:56 PM
http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/18/top-2016-recruit-harry-giles-tears-acl-mcl-and-meniscus/

What a tragic setback for such a young kid with tons of potential.

Get well soon, Harry.

Wow, sad. Really really really hate to see kids get hurt.

tommy
08-23-2013, 12:48 PM
Coach K obviously believes in the young man and his ability to fully recover from his injury, as Duke has now offered Harry Giles. Very early offer from Duke -- I don't remember one to a kid this young since DeMarcus Nelson.

mods: possibly change name of thread so it can cover the Giles recruitment more broadly??

OldPhiKap
08-23-2013, 12:58 PM
Coach K obviously believes in the young man and his ability to fully recover from his injury, as Duke has now offered Harry Giles. Very early offer from Duke -- I don't remember one to a kid this young since DeMarcus Nelson.

mods: possibly change name of thread so it can cover the Giles recruitment more broadly??

IIRC (and I probably do not), Danny Ferry was the #1 recruit in HS until he had an injury. David Rivers became the #1 recruit and went to ND. Which made it even sweeter when we smacked them in Cameron (1986, maybe?)

Anyway, here's hoping for a full recovery wherever the young man goes.

jimsumner
08-23-2013, 02:14 PM
IIRC (and I probably do not), Danny Ferry was the #1 recruit in HS until he had an injury. David Rivers became the #1 recruit and went to ND. Which made it even sweeter when we smacked them in Cameron (1986, maybe?)

Anyway, here's hoping for a full recovery wherever the young man goes.

Danny Ferry finished his high school career as the consensus number-one recruit in the high school class of 1985.

Tito Horford (Al's father) was consensus # 2.

David Rivers graduated from high school in 1984. He was not in Ferry's class. Danny Manning and Chris Washburn were the top-ranked players in that class.

OldPhiKap
08-23-2013, 05:12 PM
Danny Ferry finished his high school career as the consensus number-one recruit in the high school class of 1985.

Tito Horford (Al's father) was consensus # 2.

David Rivers graduated from high school in 1984. He was not in Ferry's class. Danny Manning and Chris Washburn were the top-ranked players in that class.

Thanks, I can clear that out of the errant memory bank.

Rivers, Manning and Washburn -- that was a stacked class.

In any event, I hope Giles has a full recovery.

Henderson
08-23-2013, 05:34 PM
It's a shame, because it'll impact this coming season. And I feel for the kid; he wants to ball, and he won't be able to for a while. The waiting will tax his patience.

Good news, of course, is that this is early in his HS career and these are injuries that athletes often overcome relatively quickly. He'll have plenty of time before committing to a school to show that he's come back fully and still has what it takes. By the time he's a freshman, we hope this is a distant bad memory. He may very well be a kerliner guy in the end, but you can still only wish a young man in this situation all the best in his healing process.