PDA

View Full Version : Marshall Plumlee Interviews Jay Bilas

roywhite
06-04-2013, 05:43 PM
Lots of fun (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UDmYIUgyM8)

From Duke Blue Planet.

Turtleboy
06-04-2013, 06:08 PM
Lots of fun (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UDmYIUgyM8)

From Duke Blue Planet.Just go to Coach K and tell him to get you the ball more.

ChillinDuke
06-04-2013, 06:10 PM
Wojo. Haha.

- Chillin

Indoor66
06-04-2013, 06:50 PM
As it seems always to happen, I get a big laugh and smile from Marshall Plumlee interviews. The young man has a future.

TruBlu
06-04-2013, 06:59 PM
Is the Zou-Beard new for him? I don't remember him having it last year.

Fish80
06-04-2013, 07:23 PM
Let the big dog eat. Love it.

53n206
06-04-2013, 08:04 PM
Great fun. Marshall looks thicker.

timmy c
06-04-2013, 08:30 PM

Marshall looks taller. Bilas must be bare foot and Wojo is walking past on his knees. Can we get a cinder block measurement?

OldPhiKap
06-04-2013, 08:56 PM
Marshall looks taller. Bilas must be bare foot and Wojo is walking past on his knees. Can we get a cinder block measurement?

He's a point guard trapped in a big man's body.

roywhite
06-04-2013, 09:11 PM
He's a point guard trapped in a big man's body.

Yeah, not that he'd rather pass than shoot....he'd rather snack than shoot. :)

OldPhiKap
06-04-2013, 09:36 PM
Yeah, not that he'd rather pass than shoot....he'd rather snack than shoot. :)

Gotta let the big dog eat.

The Gordog
06-05-2013, 09:51 AM

Bilas has shrunk... a little.

Troublemaker
06-05-2013, 10:03 AM
Yeah, Jay looks old there without the benefits of the ESPN makeup team. Marshall does look stronger than before. Hopefully he is 100% by late July / early August and hopefully that is enough time for him to ramp up, not be too behind, and become a part of the rotation next season. Kid's been entertaining us for 2 years now on DBP videos. Great sense of humor. Would love for him to be a major factor in his Duke career.

HaveFunExpectToWin
06-05-2013, 10:42 AM

The Domino's pizza and Chick Fil A diet works wonders. Trust me.

Dev11
06-05-2013, 12:44 PM
The Domino's pizza and Chick Fil A diet works wonders. Trust me.

A basketball player who will remain unnamed once told us that he needed a Cookout shake. I asked if that meshed with his fancy boy D-1 diet, and he famously responded, "Coach said I need to gain weight any way I can."

Lauderdevil
06-05-2013, 06:30 PM
Marshall has a future in basketball no matter what. If he becomes as quick in the post as he is with the mic, his broadcast career will have to wait -- but that's where he's going.

JasonEvans
06-05-2013, 06:43 PM
A couple people noticed it but the best part of that video is the Wojo photobombs from :50 - 1:10, hysterical!!

-Jason

Henderson
06-05-2013, 06:59 PM
Loved these three things:

1. Marshall looks big, bulky, and confident.
2. The archival footage of Bilas with a big head of floppy brown hair.
3. The Wojo fly-by. Also loved the separate video of Wojo mic'ed, coaching a K Academy team with the G-man and Alaa A.

Newton_14
06-06-2013, 09:42 PM
Yeah, Jay looks old there without the benefits of the ESPN makeup team. Marshall does look stronger than before. Hopefully he is 100% by late July / early August and hopefully that is enough time for him to ramp up, not be too behind, and become a part of the rotation next season. Kid's been entertaining us for 2 years now on DBP videos. Great sense of humor. Would love for him to be a major factor in his Duke career.

You read my mind here. Such a great kid and great personality. It would be a crying shame if he somehow never panned out on the court. That just can't happen. Just like with Murphy though, I have not given up on Marshall. Just a rising Soph basketball wise with plenty of career left to contribute. The broken foot is for sure a setback, and the summer is lost in terms of basketball development. Therefore it is critical that Marshall be 100% healthy at the start of practice, and stay healthy. He will need every one of the pre-January games to build confidence, gain court awareness, and get into a rhythm. Even if he can only give 10-12 mpg in the post-Dec games it will help. Anything beyond that will have to be counted as a bonus given the circumstances.

jacone21
06-07-2013, 09:37 AM
Best part for me is the image at 2:06 that shows Amile has grown to 7'7". Our big man worries are clearly over.

Fish80
06-07-2013, 12:57 PM
Best part for me is the image at 2:06 that shows Amile has grown to 7'7". Our big man worries are clearly over.

That's funny. But IIRC, Dunleavy grew about 4 inches his senior year of high school. We thought we were getting a 6'4" guard, and a 6'8" guy showed up. Pretty cool.

Kedsy
06-07-2013, 02:27 PM
That's funny. But IIRC, Dunleavy grew about 4 inches his senior year of high school. We thought we were getting a 6'4" guard, and a 6'8" guy showed up. Pretty cool.

Dunleavy was listed at 6'6" in the RSCI recruiting rankings. I think he was 6'8" when he got to Duke and grew to 6'9" within a year thereafter.

sagegrouse
06-07-2013, 04:56 PM
Dunleavy was listed at 6'6" in the RSCI recruiting rankings. I think he was 6'8" when he got to Duke and grew to 6'9" within a year thereafter.

"Six-nine! Six-nine!?!" So asks Kenny Smith. "How did Mike Dunleavy have a kid who's six-nine?? What is he? Five-eleven?"

Sagegrouse

DukeAlumBS
06-08-2013, 12:19 PM
Loved these three things:

1. Marshall looks big, bulky, and confident.
2. The archival footage of Bilas with a big head of floppy brown hair.
3. The Wojo fly-by. Also loved the separate video of Wojo mic'ed, coaching a K Academy team with the G-man and Alaa A.

I agree, he looks very confident, and big and sure of himself. Watch him pull a Kelly and pop in the 3 at 60 percent. And get the ball skills like, say Battier!
Then that would change the whole team this coming year! We go with a big, you all have us looking and needing a big.
I agree, he is sure and very confident.
Later my friends, Jimmy

greybeard
06-08-2013, 02:34 PM
I believe that his carriage bespeaks that he can more than play. He was a prime catch out of high school, or am I mistaken? Give him a chance, a real one. If he and no pain and becomes comfortable functioning with his new (different) foot I expect him to be very effective. Depending on stamina, perhaps more than that. Becoming comfortable with a new way of using oneself as a consequence of injury is a process. Look for good things. You will see them. Look for "bad" things, you will see them too. ;)

mdj
06-10-2013, 04:50 PM
(half) joking but did Jay clear it with NCAA before he bought that pizza?