PDA

View Full Version : Champions Classic

G man
05-25-2013, 05:41 PM
I have a question for everyone. I was wondering how much Champions Classic tickets have been going for over the last couple of years? Looking at going this year and could use some help figuring out expenses. Thanks everyone

jcannon
05-26-2013, 08:36 PM
My dad (Kentucky fan) and I went to the game in Atlanta last year. We sat on the 3rd level of the Georgia Dome, center court. We paid $50 per ticket. I am sure the tickets through the Iron Dukes may be a different price, as the seats would be much closer. We bought ours through the Georgia Dome box office. One perk to sitting in the general seating (not Duke only section) was hearing the excuses and crying of the Kentucky fans. :cool:

SCMatt33
05-26-2013, 11:51 PM
I haven't gone either year myself, but I would think that outside of official Duke tix, you'd want to look at prices from MSG over the Georgia Dome, because the large number of available seats last year likely skewed prices down.

jcannon
05-27-2013, 09:46 AM
That is a good point SCMatt, as that could change the prices. The Georgia Dome was cut down to only about 30,000 seats, and attendance was less that 23,000. So, not sure how much the price may have been skewed down. From what Google could find for me, it looked like the tickets though the schools were $110, $65, and $35, depending on the levels.

G man
05-27-2013, 12:17 PM
A really good friend of mine is a KU fan (only God knows why) and we are trying to catch the game together. I appreciate the help

DukieInKansas
05-27-2013, 02:10 PM
A really good friend of mine is a KU fan (only God knows why) and we are trying to catch the game together. I appreciate the help

The middle ticket price offered through the Williams Fund (KU) was $125 last year - I think the lowest was $90 or $95.

I would suggest taking super glue with you in case you have the same KY fan in front of you that I had in Atlanta. She refused to sit down - even when nothing was going on and when asked by those behind her. She was obnoxious enough that the KY fans behind us apologized for her. And she left with under 2 minutes left in the game and I thought KY still had a chance to come from behind and win.

Newton_14
05-27-2013, 09:07 PM
The middle ticket price offered through the Williams Fund (KU) was $125 last year - I think the lowest was $90 or $95.

I would suggest taking super glue with you in case you have the same KY fan in front of you that I had in Atlanta. She refused to sit down - even when nothing was going on and when asked by those behind her. She was obnoxious enough that the KY fans behind us apologized for her. And she left with under 2 minutes left in the game and I thought KY still had a chance to come from behind and win.

The offer I got for the UK game this past season from the Iron Duke Office were $90 ea. They did not specify seating other than being in the "Duke Section".