PDA

View Full Version : K to Rio in 2016

Tripping William
05-18-2013, 03:18 PM
"There's a chance (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-basketball/news/20130518/krzyzewski-return-usa-basketball-2016-olympics/?mobile=no)."

-bdbd
05-18-2013, 04:29 PM
The tone of the article seems to lean toward expecting it to happen. That would be really awesome if K was to return for the Worlds (Madrid) and Olympics. He does seem to get a recharge out of doing it.

I hope that he does return.

baca
05-18-2013, 05:11 PM
Any Idea that if Coach K return to the head coach of USA, will it hurt the summer connection with prospect? Especially K like to bring his staff, that no one will contact will target....

Maybe I am wrong, cuz Cal do quite well about recruiting and coaching Dominica....

flyingdutchdevil
05-18-2013, 05:13 PM
This is complete speculation, but I would think that K is talking to Durant, Lebron, Kyrie, Paul, and other US superstars in their 20s so get them onboard as well before K announces. I think both parties (coach and players) would benefit from the other. After all, both parties had a great time coaching the other.

miramar
05-18-2013, 06:10 PM
Any Idea that if Coach K return to the head coach of USA, will it hurt the summer connection with prospect? Especially K like to bring his staff, that no one will contact will target....

Maybe I am wrong, cuz Cal do quite well about recruiting and coaching Dominica....

I can't help but think that Duke's recruiting has been helped by Coach K's association with Lebron, Kobe, Durant, etc.

It also can't hurt that Coach K doesn't look 66 years old. Most coaches his age look OLD, but it's strange to think that both of us had the same color hair when I went to grad school at Duke in the 1980s. He hasn't changed that much, but when I look in the mirror I look like my own grandfather.

SoCalDukeFan
05-18-2013, 06:44 PM
I was one who did not like the idea of K coaching Team USA. It just seemed to me that it took too much time away from Duke stuff - recruiting, planning, etc. I am pretty sure other top college coaches are working hard for their college teams when K and almost all of the staff are involved with Team USA.

But now I see that the benefits far outweigh the time loss. And also by this time K has a system that his staff knows well so more guess is they work more efficiently than most. I think it helps recruiting and probably more importantly keeps K charged.

My only problem would be that he can not coach Team USA forever so maybe this is a good time to pass the reins to someone else.

SoCal

Tripping William
05-18-2013, 06:49 PM
*If* he re-ups (still an if), I would think that would bode well for his coaching at Duke until at least 2016. *That* is what makes me smile most from this story.

dukelifer
05-18-2013, 07:34 PM
*If* he re-ups (still an if), I would think that would bode well for his coaching at Duke until at least 2016. *That* is what makes me smile most from this story.

K will likely go for 1000 wins which will take 2 years if all goes as expected. Perhaps RIo will be his last hurrah.

Troublemaker
05-18-2013, 07:54 PM
I can't help but think that Duke's recruiting has been helped by Coach K's association with Lebron, Kobe, Durant, etc.

No doubt about it, imo. The Olympic players all LOVE Coach K, and that love and respect can't help but trickle down to the high school stars who admire those Olympic players and NBA superstars. Just one of many, many examples of that love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riMQzJCZJ5Q . Around 1:05, Lebron during halftime warmups of a Heat game notices Coach K doing a sideline interview with the local station and can't help himself, walks over to give his coach a big ol' hug.

I strongly believe that Duke is starting to reap the recruiting benefits of Coach K's involvement with USA basketball. We're starting to bring in the studs again. Instead of having overachieving squads, we're just going to have sick, talented squads going forward.

One tangent off of this. I remember when UNC played at Miami this season, Lebron and Wade were in the stands openly rooting for the Canes and therefore against the Heels. This would NEVER have happened if Miami had been playing Duke. Something that brings a smile to my face.

-jk
05-18-2013, 07:58 PM
I suspect K won't retire until Boeheim does. Jimmy's way too close.

Here's to Boeheim having a long, active career!

-jk

sporthenry
05-18-2013, 08:35 PM
I was one who did not like the idea of K coaching Team USA. It just seemed to me that it took too much time away from Duke stuff - recruiting, planning, etc. I am pretty sure other top college coaches are working hard for their college teams when K and almost all of the staff are involved with Team USA.

But now I see that the benefits far outweigh the time loss. And also by this time K has a system that his staff knows well so more guess is they work more efficiently than most. I think it helps recruiting and probably more importantly keeps K charged.

My only problem would be that he can not coach Team USA forever so maybe this is a good time to pass the reins to someone else.

SoCal

I agree that I thought it was hurting recruiting a bit but getting Irving, Rivers, and Parker in 4 years (among others) squashed those fears. I also read somewhere that a ton of the summer is a dead period (or whatever they call it in the recruiting world) and that K didn't really miss that much time although maybe recruiting has changed.

Regardless, seeing guys like Durant, Kobe and LeBron talk about K so glowingly does more than showing up to a game in July. Just reading some HS journals, they all mentioned him being Olympic coach and that seemed to make the players look up to him that much more.

gep
05-18-2013, 08:40 PM
Interesting videos.... Laettner interviewing Coach K in July 2012 before London...

Part 1... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlpBFB0GBtE

Part 2... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpv5JXTd94o

OldPhiKap
05-19-2013, 11:20 AM
K: "Kyrie, will you try out for the team if I take the job again?"

Kyrie: "Uncle Drew and I will be honored."

K: "Okay, I'll do it!"

In all seriousness, how cool would it be for K and Kyrie to get more time together? Can only help both of them.

Olympic Fan
05-19-2013, 01:25 PM
I'd be happy to see K return to the national team because it would bolster his resume and building the case that he's the greatest men's basketball coach of all time.

Right now, most neutral observers (excluding the Duke fans and the Duke haters) would rate K No. 2 in college ranks behind Wooden. As a Duke goy, I can make the case for K, but for most basketball fans, the difference between 10 titles and four titles is just a bit to overcome.

But ...

It's not really 10-to-4 ... K has won three major international titles -- the 2008 Olympics, the 2010 World Championships and the 2012 Olympics. I would argue that each of those are the equivalent of an NCAA title. By that reasoning, Wooden (who never helped the American national team ... in fact, his best players shunned it like the plague) only has a 10-7 lead. That's small enough that we can start making arguments for K (the NCAA is tougher to win now with a balanced field and seeding; K has more wins overall; Sam Gilbert) ...

If K adds a world championship in 2014 and another Olympic gold in 2016, then we're talking about a 10-9 edge in major titles. I would hope that K could add another NCAA title in that span to make it 10-10 ... then I think we could win the argument with most fair-minded people.

That opens up another argument -- the greatest men's coach of all time -- at any level.

Right now, the list of coaches with at least five major titles (NCAA, NBA, international):

1. Phil Jackson 11
2. John Wooden 10
3. Red Auerbach 9
4. Mike Krzyzewski 7
5. (tie) Pat Riley and John Kundra (he coached Lakers back in the Mikan era) 5

I would argue that K is already the greatest international coach in American history. Hank Iba is the only other coach to win two Olympic golds (also losing famously in 1972) and he doesn't have a world championship. K's 62-1 international record is unmatched.

I think he's already the GOAT ... but adding another couple of international titles will help convince the rest of the world.

throatybeard
05-20-2013, 04:50 PM
I'd be happy to see K return to the national team because it would bolster his resume and building the case that he's the greatest men's basketball coach of all time.

Right now, most neutral observers (excluding the Duke fans and the Duke haters) would rate K No. 2 in college ranks behind Wooden. As a Duke goy, I can make the case for K, but for most basketball fans, the difference between 10 titles and four titles is just a bit to overcome.

But ...

It's not really 10-to-4 ... K has won three major international titles -- the 2008 Olympics, the 2010 World Championships and the 2012 Olympics. I would argue that each of those are the equivalent of an NCAA title. By that reasoning, Wooden (who never helped the American national team ... in fact, his best players shunned it like the plague) only has a 10-7 lead. That's small enough that we can start making arguments for K (the NCAA is tougher to win now with a balanced field and seeding; K has more wins overall; Sam Gilbert) ...

If K adds a world championship in 2014 and another Olympic gold in 2016, then we're talking about a 10-9 edge in major titles. I would hope that K could add another NCAA title in that span to make it 10-10 ... then I think we could win the argument with most fair-minded people.

That opens up another argument -- the greatest men's coach of all time -- at any level.

Right now, the list of coaches with at least five major titles (NCAA, NBA, international):

1. Phil Jackson 11
2. John Wooden 10
3. Red Auerbach 9
4. Mike Krzyzewski 7
5. (tie) Pat Riley and John Kundra (he coached Lakers back in the Mikan era) 5

I would argue that K is already the greatest international coach in American history. Hank Iba is the only other coach to win two Olympic golds (also losing famously in 1972) and he doesn't have a world championship. K's 62-1 international record is unmatched.

I think he's already the GOAT ... but adding another couple of international titles will help convince the rest of the world.

Great post, OF.

Forgetting momentarily where the next summer games were, I misinterpreted the thread title. I was like, what the heck is Coach K gonna do at the World Cup?

Billy Dat
05-20-2013, 05:07 PM
I really hope he does it again, because it definitely helps us and I enjoy watching K interact with the pros. But, I hope they do refresh the assistant coaching staff. They have to start the succession process. I read somewhere that Boeheim would be likely to come back, but they need to start grooming the next head coach. You figure D'Antoni and McMillan are out. I think it would be amazing if Popovich would join the staff and basically gradually take over the program, but I don't see that happening. Selfishly, I wish they'd have the best caliber coaches possible because I like when K picks things up from these guys. Maybe Spoelstra is a dark horse candidate to serve a few years under K and then take over the program?

wilko
05-20-2013, 05:08 PM
if this turns out to be true..

Somone more clever and with more time should rework the Duran Duran song "Rio" into a clip to compete with SU's Boheimian Rhapsody...

This line doesn't need editing at all.... "You know you're something special and you look like you're the best"..

Put a distinct K- USA theme on it with Duke subtleties...
Could be awesome.

luburch
05-20-2013, 06:19 PM
I really hope he does it again, because it definitely helps us and I enjoy watching K interact with the pros. But, I hope they do refresh the assistant coaching staff. They have to start the succession process. I read somewhere that Boeheim would be likely to come back, but they need to start grooming the next head coach. You figure D'Antoni and McMillan are out. I think it would be amazing if Popovich would join the staff and basically gradually take over the program, but I don't see that happening. Selfishly, I wish they'd have the best caliber coaches possible because I like when K picks things up from these guys. Maybe Spoelstra is a dark horse candidate to serve a few years under K and then take over the program?

Frank Vogel maybe? He's young and a great coach. Mark Jackson comes to mind too.

roywhite
05-20-2013, 06:30 PM
From the college ranks, Bill Self and Rick Pitino come to mind as Olympic coaching candidates.

Self would be 57 years old by the 2020 Olympics; Pitino (who didn't have great success in the NBA) would be 67.
Brad Stevens and Shaka Smart deserve consideration from among the younger coaches?

g-money
05-20-2013, 06:56 PM
Frank Vogel maybe? He's young and a great coach. Mark Jackson comes to mind too.

No doubt these guys are great coaches, but I suspect that guys like Lebron and Durant would be a bit wary of the possibility that they might have to compete against an active NBA coach in June (including dealing with flagrant fouls, media sniping, etc) and then team up with the same coach in August.

Chuck Daly made it work with the Dream Team, but he was in between jobs at the time if I recall correctly (not to mention the fact that Isaiah Thomas was made a sacrificial lamb in the selection process!).

This is why, prior to this week at least, my hunch had been that Doc Rivers would be the guy: The Celtics are winding down fast and he's a player's coach.

But perhaps Colangelo brought a nicer bottle of wine to dinner this time. It would be great to see Coach K in Rio. He and Lebron have a special bond.

awhom111
05-20-2013, 09:10 PM
I wonder if Quin Snyder would have any possible role with the team? He is certainly more familiar with some of the players that we will face than a lot of NBA-only guys would be. The coach that he is currently working for might be named the coach of Turkey so I wonder if Quin would be willing to join him there too.

Newton_14
05-20-2013, 09:39 PM

For me, the replacement is a no brainer. I think it should be Izzo all the way. I would vote him 2nd best NCAA coach behind K right now without giving it another thought. I also think the National Coach should be a College coach and not a NBA guy. Just think it works better for all involved.

I think it is great K is considering one more go. As long as it still gives him a burst of energy instead of burning him out I am all for it.

ice-9
05-21-2013, 06:58 AM

I think Tom Thibodeau is a tremendous coach, especially defensively. Look at what he's been able to do with the depleted Bulls this year -- it's amazing, and he's been so consistent over the years. He should be on the short list of potential successors and would make an awesome assistant to K, assuming the chemistry works out.

sagegrouse
05-21-2013, 12:15 PM
For me, the replacement is a no brainer. I think it should be Izzo all the way. I would vote him 2nd best NCAA coach behind K right now without giving it another thought. I also think the National Coach should be a College coach and not a NBA guy. Just think it works better for all involved.

I think it is great K is considering one more go. As long as it still gives him a burst of energy instead of burning him out I am all for it.

When Colangelo sought a coach that could build a program for a US national team, K was an obvious choice among the college coaches, because of his executive talents and his leadership, as much as for his on-court coaching. In the process, K has demonstrated a gift in working with NBA players and learned how to coach in international basektball.

The program has been built -- now it needs to be continued. It seems to me there are some requisites:

(1) Someone who can continue to build on a strong foundation. It needs a manager, but not necessarily an innovator like K.

(2) Someone who can recruit, relate to, and coach NBA players. By all reports, the USA team players love K. And BTW, the "relationship" job is probably getting easier, since the improvement is evident in many players after a summer on Team USA.

(3) Someone whose style, or whose ability to be flexible, will bring success in FIBA hoops.

I believe K was chosen for his management and executive talents and DESPITE the fact that he was a college coach. I have assumed that the next coach would come from the pro ranks.

If it's an NBA coach, I have assumed that Popovich and Doc Rivers would be the leading candidates. But I agree that Thibodeau should be considered. And what about Spoelstra, of whom I have heard some grudging admiration over recent months?

If it's a college coach, I would say Izzo would be an obvious and excellent candidate. How about Self? Or Pitino or Calapari?

I don't see the recent assistants on team USA being promoted -- Boeheim, McMillan, and D'Antoni -- but what do I know?

sagegrouse

Billy Dat
05-22-2013, 12:25 PM
@JayBilas
After the Lottery, I heard Coach K's return to USA Basketball is a done deal. If that's true, great news for USAB, and Duke. Gold Standard.

brevity
05-22-2013, 12:50 PM
And now SI reports (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/-olympics/news/20130522/mike-krzyzewski-usa-basketball-coach-return/) the same. I have mixed feelings about another round of this, very little of which is Duke-related. But spending a 2014 offseason in Madrid and a 2016 offseason in Rio? Not too shabby.

Not making any suggestions, but I agree with the post upthread that the 2016 Olympics gold would be a good way to finish a coaching career.

luburch
05-22-2013, 12:52 PM
Well there's this

@SportsCenter: THIS JUST IN: Mike Krzyzewski will coach Team USA in 2016 Olympics. Coach K previously said he wouldn't return after 2012 gold. (via @SInow)

Grey Devil
05-22-2013, 01:00 PM
Greg Doyel (not one of my most favorite guys, so take it for what it's worth) weighs in with his opinion:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/22273926/even-if-you-dont-like-coach-k-you-know-hes-best-to-lead-team-usa

Grey Devil

DevilWearsPrada
05-22-2013, 02:34 PM
Coach K USA Coach K USA

Team USA is in great hands, again!!! And expanding his resume and fulfillment in coaching basketball on many different levels!!!! Duke has the best coach in the country!!

JasonEvans
05-22-2013, 02:39 PM
Greg Doyel (not one of my most favorite guys, so take it for what it's worth) weighs in with his opinion:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/22273926/even-if-you-dont-like-coach-k-you-know-hes-best-to-lead-team-usa

Grey Devil

I tweeted about this and here is how Doyle responded.

Jason Evans @TVFilmTalk ----Takes a tool like @GreggDoyelCBS to write a nice article about #CoachK & the #olympics and make it all about himself!

Gregg Doyel @GreggDoyelCBS ---- @TVFilmTalk love my favorite topic

-Jason

dukeofcalabash
05-22-2013, 02:40 PM

It also can't hurt that Coach K doesn't look 66 years old. Most coaches his age look OLD, but it's strange to think that both of us had the same color hair when I went to grad school at Duke in the 1980s. He hasn't changed that much, but when I look in the mirror I look like my own grandfather.

A little dye works wonders! :)

Billy Dat
05-22-2013, 03:39 PM
I believe K was chosen for his management and executive talents and DESPITE the fact that he was a college coach. I have assumed that the next coach would come from the pro ranks.

If it's an NBA coach, I have assumed that Popovich and Doc Rivers would be the leading candidates. But I agree that Thibodeau should be considered. And what about Spoelstra, of whom I have heard some grudging admiration over recent months?

If it's a college coach, I would say Izzo would be an obvious and excellent candidate. How about Self? Or Pitino or Calapari?

I don't see the recent assistants on team USA being promoted -- Boeheim, McMillan, and D'Antoni -- but what do I know?

sagegrouse

K was so much the perfect choice for a dozen reasons that make choosing his successor so tough. At the time, we needed to inject some enthusiasm and patriotism back into the equation. A pro coach may have been too "cool" for that, but K's gushing and earnest red, white and blue-ism may have played corny to some of the players, but I am sure once he got behind closed doors and let them see his biting humor, sailor-mouth and huge smarts, they were all in.

Finding a coach in the college ranks is a good fit because the season ends so much earlier than the NBA season. But, how many college coaches have K's juice with the pros? Cal is closest, but I think his public perception is too sleazy. I don't think Izzo plays sophisticated and alpha enough...his persona is lunch bucket midwesterner. K is a consultant to corporate titans. Pitino may be re-emerging, but his constant-pushing style doesn't really play with the pros. Donovan has extensive USA Basketball experience, but does he have the presence?

By picking K again, I wonder if Popovich throws up his hands. Doc is lurking, but he's a few mediocre seasons away from not being "hot" anymore. Whomever is going to take over, they need to basically name him lead assistant NOW and let K start slowly but surely handing over the ropes over this next 3 years. I think Doc or Spoelstra are natural candidates if that's the scenario. I can't see Pop doing that. We should know more in a few days.

CDu
05-22-2013, 04:31 PM

Grey Devil

Good for Doyle for recognizing Coach K's greatness. I can certainly understand his irritation about the book thing. I can also understand Coach K's desire to promote his own book instead. Glad that Doyle has come to accept the situation. He's certainly made a good living taking shots at Coach K since then.

That being said, I can't stand Doyle. I couldn't stand him when he came on a local radio show (Gold & Ovies?) and badgered Gary Williams. He called him a "little, cowardly man that hides from a challenge," with regard to accusations that Williams sabotaged Debbie Yow's coaching search. Frankly, it was disgusting. What's more cowardly than hiding behind a radio show to throw accusations at a person?

But anyway, enough about Doyle. This should be about Coach K and the USA. Glad to hear he's coming back for another go-round. Hopefully it ends in gold again. I don't doubt that it will, as I'd expect James, Anthony, Durant, Rose, Westbrook, Love, Paul, and Harden to once again suit up to play for Coach K. And perhaps some fresh faces (Irving, Curry, Lopez, Randolph, Hibbert, etc) will make an impact as well.

g-money
05-22-2013, 06:21 PM
I tweeted about this and here is how Doyle responded.

-Jason

I don't speak Twitterish very well, but does this imply that Doyle actually has a sense of humor about himself buried somewhere deep within?

Either way, nice job blowing him up.

And Congrats to Coach K for re-upping with Team USA!! FWIW, next summer could be a good time to check out the lay of the land in Rio.

SoCalDukeFan
05-22-2013, 09:21 PM
I was lucky enough to be there at the gold medal game in London. It was a thrill to see Team USA win. It was mind boggling to see how much the game meant to the multi millionaires who played for the USA. Their respect for Coach K was readily apparent.

Congrats to K for the decision. Congrats to Team USA.

SoCal

KenTankerous
05-22-2013, 09:31 PM
Coach K USA Coach K USA

Team USA is in great hands, again!!! And expanding his resume and fulfillment in coaching basketball on many different levels!!!! Duke has the best coach in the country!!

Ummm, you spelled "on the planet" wrong there at the end.

gep
05-22-2013, 11:07 PM
By picking K again, I wonder if Popovich throws up his hands. Doc is lurking, but he's a few mediocre seasons away from not being "hot" anymore. Whomever is going to take over, they need to basically name him lead assistant NOW and let K start slowly but surely handing over the ropes over this next 3 years. I think Doc or Spoelstra are natural candidates if that's the scenario. I can't see Pop doing that. We should know more in a few days.

This was my first concern. Then, thinking about it, maybe this is one reason why Coach K came back... to assure continuity. Maybe they already have the next head coach(s) in mind, but wanted overlap.

Saratoga2
05-23-2013, 08:36 AM
I think coach K will do a very good job again, but I think it was the wrong decision for him to continue to burn the cadle so brightly. He has the effort and stress of coaching Duke year by year and is adding to that the significant extra burden of the Olympic team. As someone who is older than coach K, I realize older guys can still do well, but worry that the strain will be more than he needs at this point. Aren't there other coaches out there who can do the job?

Billy Dat
05-23-2013, 08:50 AM
I think coach K will do a very good job again, but I think it was the wrong decision for him to continue to burn the cadle so brightly. He has the effort and stress of coaching Duke year by year and is adding to that the significant extra burden of the Olympic team. As someone who is older than coach K, I realize older guys can still do well, but worry that the strain will be more than he needs at this point. Aren't there other coaches out there who can do the job?

I have no inside info, I can only go by what I read and hear about him, but K seems like one of those Superhumans that needs to have 1000 things going or else he gets bored. Once he figured out how to best organize his life after stepping away during the 1994-95 season, the "K Machine" has been continually fine tuned to the point where he is a conglomerate unto himself with many layers of support staff and infrastructure allowing him to really focus on his core passions - coaching Duke, coaching Team USA, becoming a "performance maximization" guru, and charity work. Obviously, his family life layers into all of that as they are all basically part of the machine. He's still got the fire - let it burn!!!!!!

OldPhiKap
05-23-2013, 09:02 AM

No worries, I am sure that Mickey is on board with it. And I think she keeps a good eye on these things.

Dev11
05-23-2013, 10:27 AM
I hope Kyrie introduces him.

BigWayne
05-23-2013, 11:19 AM
Official story up on USA bball site, typos and all...no mention of the rest of the staff.

Mike Krzyzewski To Return For Third Run With USA Basketball Men’s National Team
USA head coach Mike Krzyzewski returns to USA Basketball through 2016.
Garrett Ellwood/NBAE/Getty Images

-- USA Team Owns 62-1 Win-Loss Record Since Krzyzewski Took National Team Reins --

May 32, 2013
• Player Quotes
• Press Conference Transcript (to come)

http://www.usabasketball.com/mens/national/13_mnt_krzyzewski__returns.html

Billy Dat
05-23-2013, 11:22 AM
The live presser is still going....really interesting...
http://www.youtube.com/therealusabasketball?DB_OEM_ID=4200

Billy Dat
05-23-2013, 01:00 PM
John Calipari ‏@UKCoachCalipari 1h
Congrats and thank you to Mike Krzyzewski for continuing to lead USA basketball. It's a lot of work & sacrifice. Great leadership continues!

gam7
05-23-2013, 01:49 PM
Funny - I just started watching a replay of the presser and before Coach K takes the podium, there's just a Diet Coke can on the table. The can is aligned so that the giant "K" on the can is facing the cameras. There is a 0% chance that this is a coincidence. Clever thought by some intern.

DukeBlue666s
07-27-2013, 02:44 PM
http://espn.go.com/olympics/basketball/story/_/id/9514068/chris-paul-los-angeles-clippers-considering-2016-games-due-mike-krzyzewski-return

Feel free to move to its own thread.

How will this effect the rest of the people considering coming back for 2016 Olympics? LeBron come back for one more shot at it too??

DukeHLM'13
07-27-2013, 04:17 PM
http://espn.go.com/olympics/basketball/story/_/id/9514068/chris-paul-los-angeles-clippers-considering-2016-games-due-mike-krzyzewski-return

Feel free to move to its own thread.

How will this effect the rest of the people considering coming back for 2016 Olympics? LeBron come back for one more shot at it too??

I know that its been said on here a thousand times before, but with stories like this continuing to come from NBA players how does every high school player in the country want to come to Duke to play for K?

Jarhead
07-27-2013, 05:32 PM
I know that its been said on here a thousand times before, but with stories like this continuing to come from NBA players how does every high school player in the country want to come to Duke to play for K?

Correct me if I am wrong on this, but did you intend to say this:

"...how does every high school player in the country not want to come to Duke to play for K?" I would find that a whole lot more agreeable question. http://crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/6.gif