PDA

View Full Version : Great Graduation Pic!

MCFinARL
05-12-2013, 03:44 PM
Congratulations to Seth, Ryan, Mason, Todd and Andre, who walked this morning. Thought folks might enjoy seeing this picture I found on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/Duke_MBB/status/333337538737606656/photo/1

BTW, I don't know how to import the photo directly into the thread--if anyone else does, please do so. Thanks.

Furniture
05-12-2013, 04:22 PM
I was there at my daughters graduation and watched the guys walk happily by. They were really enjoying themselves!

Greg_Newton
05-12-2013, 04:56 PM
Here ya go:

DevilWearsPrada
05-12-2013, 05:08 PM
Congratulations to Seth, Ryan, Mason, Todd and Andre, who walked this morning. Thought folks might enjoy seeing this picture I found on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/Duke_MBB/status/333337538737606656/photo/1

BTW, I don't know how to import the photo directly into the thread--if anyone else does, please do so. Thanks.

What a great photograph!!!!!

2013 Graduates!!! 2010 National Champions!!! Takes me back to being in Indiianapolis April, 2010!

So good to see our Boys, Graduate from Duke!!!

Dev11
05-13-2013, 09:16 AM
Here ya go:

Another year, still no Pratt orange.

OZZIE4DUKE
05-13-2013, 09:22 AM
Congrats to all the graduates! :cool: And nice collection of hardware!

Newton_14
05-13-2013, 11:43 AM

Agree. Great careers on and off the court. This photo also brings me joy for the academic accomplishments. Despite all the talk that college athlete's are frauds in the classroom, every time I see a Duke kid in his cap and gown, I take comfort knowing they took real classes with real professors, just like the non-athlete's, and earned real degree's that actually mean something and have value. I am sure there are many other schools where this is true as well, but sadly there are some schools where it isn't. (Yes we are looking right at you UNC, which is sad :()

Big props to all the guys for the accomplishment.

flyingdutchdevil
05-13-2013, 01:18 PM
...at Duke, I mean. Fuqua for an MMS degree? It's obviously a masters, but in what?

Just curious.

Thanks, and congratulations boys!

dukelifer
05-13-2013, 04:25 PM
Another cool pic- courtesy of Pratt Prof David Brady's GigaPixel Camera- in one of the images you can see Mason's head above all the rest.

http://mosaic.disp.duke.edu/commencement/

BigWayne
05-13-2013, 04:46 PM
To add a pic to a post, you can use the "insert image" icon which is two to the right of the email envelope icon.
If you use the default option, it will suck it over and shrink it like posted above.

To get it full size you have to unclick the default or use standard BB IMG tags, which are IMG inside [] at the beginning and /IMG inside [] at the end.
This one is a bit challenging though as the way it is stored by twitter has size selection as part of the url, so the icon interface won't take it and you have to do it manually if you want the large one.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BKBAubNCEAAD6h_.jpg:large

BigWayne
05-13-2013, 04:52 PM
Another year, still no Pratt orange.
The amount of time spent practicing and traveling make this something very difficult to do.
Back in the 80's Weldon Williams tried to do it and had a very hard time with it. He did end up working as an engineer so he got through it in the end somehow, but experienced some academic troubles along the way. I know there have been a couple that started out as engineers and ended up transferring to Trinity, but the names escape me right now.

Note this is a problem they don't have over in Chapel Hill and is also why I never even entertained applying there.

Bluedog
05-13-2013, 05:03 PM
I know there have been a couple that started out as engineers and ended up transferring to Trinity, but the names escape me right now.

Miles Plumlee. One of Alana Beard's teammates was an engineer on the women's team. There have been a few Pratt graduates on the football team in recent years. I agree that the time commitment makes this exceptionally difficult. Frankly, I don't understand how any athletes do it - mightily impressive time management skills (as well as smarts in general).

Mike Corey
05-13-2013, 05:48 PM
Miles Plumlee. One of Alana Beard's teammates was an engineer on the women's team. There have been a few Pratt graduates on the football team in recent years. I agree that the time commitment makes this exceptionally difficult. Frankly, I don't understand how any athletes do it - mightily impressive time management skills (as well as smarts in general).

Vicki Krapohl-Pugsley, who has been working for GE designing engines for several years, was the engineer in question.

rhymeswithdreidel
05-13-2013, 05:53 PM
Trajan Langdon (HAPPY BIRTHDAY 5/13/76) also started out in engineering (fall 1994), if I recall correctly.

He ended up graduating with a degree in Math instead. Slacker. ;-)

NSDukeFan
05-13-2013, 06:05 PM

Why do these guys have so many trophies around them? That seems unfair to basketball graduates at other schools.

mbd1mbd1
05-13-2013, 09:44 PM
Peppi Browne was also an engineer and she was my partner for a BME design project.

UT Dukie
05-14-2013, 01:06 PM
Trajan Langdon (HAPPY BIRTHDAY 5/13/76) also started out in engineering (fall 1994), if I recall correctly.

He ended up graduating with a degree in Math instead. Slacker. ;-)

Yeah... I still remember sitting beside Trajan in Math 104. I was a sophomore, and he was a freshman. He plays basketball for money and majored in math. That just doesn't seem fair. Proud of those student athletes though!

WiJoe
05-14-2013, 10:56 PM
Why do these guys have so many trophies around them? That seems unfair to basketball graduates at other schools.

Wait. Other schools have basketball players (I typed p-a-y-e-r-s, HA!) who graduate? Really?

Good one!

:cool:

Merlindevildog91
05-15-2013, 11:51 AM
Wait. Other schools have basketball players (I typed p-a-y-e-r-s, HA!) who graduate? Really?

Good one!

:cool:

That's basketball "payees," not basketball "payers."

Loved the pic.

Bluedog
05-22-2013, 10:19 AM
What school is Andre going to next year...at Duke, I mean. Fuqua for an MMS degree? It's obviously a masters, but in what?

Just curious.

Thanks, and congratulations boys!

He'll be in Duke's Divinity School.

dukeofcalabash
05-22-2013, 10:33 AM
Agree. Great careers on and off the court. This photo also brings me joy for the academic accomplishments. Despite all the talk that college athlete's are frauds in the classroom, every time I see a Duke kid in his cap and gown, I take comfort knowing they took real classes with real professors, just like the non-athlete's, and earned real degree's that actually mean something and have value. I am sure there are many other schools where this is true as well, but sadly there are some schools where it isn't. (Yes we are looking right at you UNC, which is sad :()

Big props to all the guys for the accomplishment.

Can anyone say what degrees these five young men earned? Thanks.

flyingdutchdevil
05-22-2013, 10:41 AM

Seth - Double major in sociology and African & African-American studies with a certificate in markets & management studies

I remember around 6+ years ago they used to have all this info on goduke.com. Now, they only list Curry's. Strange...

Bluedog
05-22-2013, 11:16 AM

Seth - Double major in sociology and African & African-American studies with a certificate in markets & management studies

I remember around 6+ years ago they used to have all this info on goduke.com. Now, they only list Curry's. Strange...

Ryan was a Public Policy major (certainly not an easy choice), Mason double majored in Psychology & Cultural Anthropology, Andre in African & African-American Studies. I think Todd was Psychology as well.

Mike Corey
05-22-2013, 11:29 AM
Since we're celebrating graduations: Congrats to Dr. Emily Waner upon her graduation from Duke Med, and to Reggie Love upon graduating with his MBA from Penn's Wharton School.

Devil in the Blue Dress
05-22-2013, 12:09 PM
He'll be in Duke's Divinity School.

He'll be joining several guys associated with the football program (Vince, Re'Quan for example).

DukeUsul
05-23-2013, 09:38 AM
Todd Singleton was an engineer, wasn't he?

Dev11
05-23-2013, 10:28 AM
He'll be joining several guys associated with the football program (Vince, Re'Quan for example).

And about half of the equipment manager squad

Furniture
05-25-2013, 01:00 PM
You can see everyone except Mason walking here at about 21 mins 30 secs
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/32738351