PDA

View Full Version : WLax: NCAA First Round, Duke vs. Princeton

burnspbesq
05-10-2013, 07:19 PM
Game should be starting momentarily in Annapolis; the first game between Navy and Monmouth ran a little long.

There should be streaming video at CBSsports.com; there's a link at goduke.com. There is a live-blog at laxmagazine.com.

While we're at it, congrats to the Duke women's club lax team, which made it to the semifinals of the WCLA D2 national championship before losing, 16-14, to Utah.

burnspbesq
05-10-2013, 09:24 PM
Duke's Erin Tenneson had a FP with nine seconds left, but couldn't put it away.

Duke is getting massacred on draw controls; they've won four of 20. They may never see the ball in OT.

burnspbesq
05-10-2013, 09:36 PM
They start the second half of OT with possession and a man advantage, due to a yellow card right at the midpoint of OT.

burnspbesq
05-10-2013, 09:38 PM
Duke held for one and wasn't able to convert.

burnspbesq
05-10-2013, 09:44 PM
Molly Quirke picked a heck of a time to win a draw, and Maddie Acton buried it 45 seconds into sudden death.

Duke advances to play Navy on Sunday afternoon. Hopefully the CBS video feed will decide to work.

BigWayne
05-11-2013, 01:50 AM
Thanks for the blow by blow. Missed this one, but I have the guys set to record tomorrow.

MCFinARL
05-11-2013, 11:04 AM
Yes, thanks for this. It will be interesting to see what happens Sunday. This year's Duke team has struggled a bit, especially late in the season. They will be facing a Navy team that has lost only one game but is eighth seeded because of the weakness of their schedule. Their only game against a top-20 team was a respectable (15-12 in Annapolis) loss to Northwestern. My intuition tells me Duke can win this one if they play hard and smart, but since I haven't seen the Navy team play that's really just a guess.

chrishoke
05-11-2013, 12:24 PM
Did our leading scorer play?

burnspbesq
05-11-2013, 02:32 PM
Did our leading scorer play?

Hommel sat out. So did Smith. Virden played on a bad foot. We're going to need people to step up.