PDA

View Full Version : Peter Angelos must die.

EarlJam
08-22-2007, 08:51 PM
Texas Rangers: 30
Baltimore Orls: 3

The O's were up 3-0 going into the top of the 4th. Now I know this particular game is not Angelos' fault, however, well, hey, us O's fans know. The guy has to go.

Our once very proud franchise has become a laughing stock. Baltimore fans deserve better. This is just embarrassing.

-EarlJam

P.S. EarlJam does not really want Peter Angelos to perish. EarlJam recognizes that the man has likely done plenty of good for the community. EarlJam was simply using the term "die" as a metaphor for a desire to have him replaced by someone more competent.

hc5duke
08-22-2007, 08:56 PM
EarlJam's Enemy List

His neighbor
Angelos
who else?

Lavabe
08-22-2007, 09:00 PM

The O's were up 3-0 going into the top of the 4th. Now I know this particular game is not Angelos' fault, however, well, hey, us O's fans know. The guy has to go.

Our once very proud franchise has become a laughing stock. Baltimore fans deserve better. This is just embarrassing.

The ESPN headline has the 30 run output as an MLB record high since 1900.

Perhaps the Toronto Argonauts (Canadian Football) will be playing at home when EarlJam visits Toronto?

To make matters worse, I just saw a report that the O's are rehiring their current manager.

Cheers?
Lavabe

EarlJam
08-22-2007, 09:03 PM
EarlJam's Enemy List

His neighbor
Angelos
who else?

My neighbor is dead. Unfortunate, tragic "accident." So sad. So, so, sad.

-EarlJam

captmojo
08-22-2007, 09:42 PM
The people of Baltimore wanted to canonize Angelos after the last Orioles world championship, hon.

DevilWolf
08-22-2007, 09:48 PM
Texas up 3-0 in the 3rd inning of game 2 by the way.

EarlJam
08-22-2007, 09:56 PM
The people of Baltimore wanted to canonize Angelos after the last Orioles world championship, hon.

The last World Championship? In 1983? What did Angelos have to do with that?

Either way, I still want him to die (in the metaphorical sense of course).

-EarlJam

EarlJam
08-22-2007, 09:59 PM
I miss Al "the bee" Bumbry.

OZZIE4DUKE
08-23-2007, 02:39 AM

And the Rangers had 29 hits. Without perusing the box score for double plays, that means they had 2 more hits than outs. They were 29 for 56 - they had a .518 batting average for the game! If there were (some) double plays, where one at bat accounted for more than one out, it is higher than that. Amazing.

Dukiedevil
08-23-2007, 09:41 AM
What a horrible day for O's fans. I remember when we signed Tejada and there was a glimmer of hope. Bedard has been the lone bright spot since the the O's fake playoff run 3 years ago. We must be trying to build from the draft but I haven't heard many rumors of any dynamo pitching studs in our minor leagues... *Sigh*

captmojo
08-23-2007, 11:18 AM
...9 more in game two. That's 29 for the day. What's the record for that? Oops, 39. Math still sucks. I read OK but don't figure so well.

Dukiedevil
08-23-2007, 12:20 PM
I heard they set the record for runs scored in a double-header... before the 2nd game started

EarlJam
08-23-2007, 12:25 PM
I heard they set the record for runs scored in a double-header... before the 2nd game started

It isn't easy to give up 30 runs in six innings. That, combined with their 0-21 start of '88 (also not an easy task) and I don't know whether to be quite impressed or simply mortified.

Oh! The Woes of the O's!

And while we are talking baseball woes, the Braves suck lemons too. They are going, going, going..............almost gone.

-EarlJam

TillyGalore
08-23-2007, 12:36 PM
I think it's time for O's fans to storm the palace and dethrone the proverbial king.

Is there any way O's fans can legally oust Angelos?

unexpected
08-23-2007, 01:09 PM
This is probably the brightest spot on a most depressing year for the Rangers. We're still the second worst team in the AL, and still have no pitching.

As far as the Braves go, well, it feels like only two weeks ago Tex was the savior who was going to win them the pennant...

hc5duke
08-23-2007, 01:15 PM
I think it's time for O's fans to storm the palace and dethrone the proverbial king.

Is there any way O's fans can legally oust Angelos?

Maybe by not going to the games? Or better yet, by supporting the Nationals, just to spite him. Though Angelos may just say "I told you so" and demand more money from MLB...

TillyGalore
08-23-2007, 01:19 PM
Maybe by not going to the games? Or better yet, by supporting the Nationals, just to spite him. Though Angelos may just say "I told you so" and demand more money from MLB...

I don't see how O's fans would win with this scenario. Plus that would mean we're fair weather fans. And you're right, Angelos would get more money from MLB. That's my whole issue with him. He doesn't care about having a winning team, just making money. Though if he had a contender he would make money.

hc5duke
08-23-2007, 01:30 PM
I don't see how O's fans would win with this scenario. Plus that would mean we're fair weather fans. And you're right, Angelos would get more money from MLB. That's my whole issue with him. He doesn't care about having a winning team, just making money. Though if he had a contender he would make money.

I guess what I was proposing was some way to make the O's lose money, a lot of money, to the point where Angelos would want to sell the team. I think it's different from being a fair weather fan, but more of a boycott - you still support the O's but won't contribute money, because you know that in the long run it will make the team worse.

4decadedukie
08-23-2007, 01:36 PM
EarlJam's Enemy List

His neighbor
Angelos
who else?

Would it be easier and more concise to list his "friends"?;)

EarlJam
08-23-2007, 01:42 PM
Would it be easier and more concise to list his "friends"?;)

Well, that was nasty. Hey man, what is your address? :)

-EarlJam

DevilAlumna
08-23-2007, 02:10 PM
I guess what I was proposing was some way to make the O's lose money, a lot of money, to the point where Angelos would want to sell the team. I think it's different from being a fair weather fan, but more of a boycott - you still support the O's but won't contribute money, because you know that in the long run it will make the team worse.

Hmm, or maybe, Angelos is trying to make the team SOO bad that they can move to some warmer weather city, with a better stadium. (Not likely, Camden Yards rocks, but stay with me.) So, it's up to the weathered, grizzly manager, an aging catcher, a pretty-boy third-baseman (ss?), and a crazy-wild pitcher to now go on a tear, win every game until the post-season, and start packing the house! Maybe Bob Uecker can come and call the games too. We all know what happens in this scenario -- go Indians! I mean, O's!

hc5duke
08-23-2007, 02:21 PM
Hmm, or maybe, Angelos is trying to make the team SOO bad that they can move to some warmer weather city, with a better stadium. (Not likely, Camden Yards rocks, but stay with me.) So, it's up to the weathered, grizzly manager, an aging catcher, a pretty-boy third-baseman (ss?), and a crazy-wild pitcher to now go on a tear, win every game until the post-season, and start packing the house! Maybe Bob Uecker can come and call the games too. We all know what happens in this scenario -- go Indians! I mean, O's!

I don't think that would work at all. I mean seriously, if you got closer to seeing Angelos in a bikini with each game you win, do you think they'd really WANT to win?

TillyGalore
08-23-2007, 02:27 PM

Major League 2 was filmed at Camden Yards. The home plate umpire definitely had a Baltimore accent. :D

I don't think that would work at all. I mean seriously, if you got closer to seeing Angelos in a bikini with each game you win, do you think they'd really WANT to win?

I have to side with you on this one. Don't think Angelos in a bikini would be an incentive for anything!

ivduke
08-23-2007, 03:22 PM
Living in what I would call a Baltimore friendly area, it is depressing to see what he has done to the Orioles over the last decade. There was a time after the Yard opened you couldn't even get tickets to even the worst of games. Now almost regardless of the visiting team, there are as many people cheering for the visiting team as there is the Orioles. When Boston or New York is in town it isn't even close 80% Red Sox or Yankee fans at every game. Angelos likes to blame the Nationals for this phenomenon, but he needs to look in the mirror.:confused:

Lavabe
08-23-2007, 04:32 PM
Last night's game reminded me of this old Bugs Bunny clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cVlbIWq1EA

Yeah, I know, the person who youtubed it listed it as the Mets, but that was before the Texas vs. O's fiasco.

I STILL have no idea why the O's re-hired their manager. It makes no sense. For this, Angelos has some explaining to do.

Umm, is former Brave Leo Mazzoni gone as O's pitching coach?

Cheers,
Lavabe

TillyGalore
08-23-2007, 04:38 PM
Umm, is former Brave Leo Mazzoni gone as O's pitching coach?

Cheers,
Lavabe

Per the O's web site he is still there.

jimbonelson
08-23-2007, 07:46 PM
there has been talk for a couple of years now in the baltimore area that angelos should sell cal ripkin has even showed intest in buying but angelos isnt buying. before the year started he stated if we go 500 this year i will be happy