PDA

View Full Version : Front Page Article on NBA Post-Season Ticket Prices

Kewlswim
05-01-2013, 12:34 PM
Hi,

I think the ESPN site might not have the actual prices. DBR stated that there were tickets for the Nuggets-Warriors game in Denver for 3 dollars. I said, as they did, "WOW." I wondered how much for Warriors tickets in Oakland for Thursday's game? I looked at the ESPN site they referenced. It showed, "3,483 available from $24 " So, I clicked on the link. By the way I am looking at the page found on "http://espn.go.com/nba/schedule" Anyway, I clicked on that link and it sent me to StubHub, it showed the least expensive seats were $99 (this is without all the "convenience" fees and Standing Room Only)! A "seat" where one actually sits down starts at $125 and rising. Where are the $24 seats? :( Did they (ESPN) mean that the seats when issued by the Warriors started at $24 and the secondary market inflated the prices?

As written the link on ESPN takes a user to StubHub. On the Warriors site the least expensive seat I found was for $75.00 still a wee bit over three times the $24.00 listed on ESPN.

GO DUKE!

Billy Dat
05-01-2013, 12:57 PM
Nearly every live event entertainment business is struggling to figure out how to lure fans away from their 60+" HD televisions and wifi. Atlanta has always been a pretty horrible pro basketball market, but, as you say, Oakland loves their Warriors and the tickets for tonight's Knicks v Celtics game will be had for a prince's ransom. The value of NBA franchises keep going up. I think calling it a crisis, as was done within the front page commentary, is going a little overboard. I was more worried when I saw the thousands and thousands of empty seats at Cowboy Stadium during the NCAA regional.

hurleyfor3
05-01-2013, 01:16 PM
This isn't unique to the nba playoffs nowadays.

Street prices for mlb tickets start around 30-40% off face and go all the way down to virtually free. Teams with good records or large fanbases are not exempt. Example: Twins at Red Sox, next Tuesday. The Red Sox want $107/ticket all in for section 149. You can find BETTER seats on StubHub for much less, for example $68 all in for Section 132. And the street price will go down the closer it gets to game time.