PDA

View Full Version : I wanna relive Duke/Butler

BytheBeardofZou
04-24-2013, 06:09 PM
First off, hey guys and girls.

I'm new around here and I was hoping some fellow Devils could help me out.

You see I'm looking for a copy of the 2010 title game. Let me rephrase that, I'm looking for a good copy.

On Amazon you can buy the official Final Four DVD, but the reviews are horrendous. Saying the quality sucks. And sure, I can watch it online (which I have many times) but the quality isn't much better there.

Remember that HD look it had live? Where's that at?!

I need to see Zoubek's beard in all its glory.

moonpie23
04-24-2013, 06:37 PM
try itunes or CBS Vault...

BytheBeardofZou
04-24-2013, 06:45 PM
try itunes or CBS Vault...

CBS NCAA Vault isn't HD like it was live. Which is disappointing because they have so many good games up there.

I hadn't considered iTunes. I'll give that a look.

El_Diablo
04-24-2013, 06:58 PM
The DVD on Amazon you are looking at is probably the one in the blue box. But there is also a version with a "hardwood" background that should be broadcast-quality. I do not remember any graininess issues with the hardwood one, but I can check my copy and get back to you.

BytheBeardofZou
04-24-2013, 07:27 PM
The DVD on Amazon you are looking at is probably the one in the blue box. But there is also a version with a "hardwood" background that should be broadcast-quality. I do not remember any graininess issues with the hardwood one, but I can check my copy and get back to you.

That would be great!

I saw that version but was worried the quality was just as bad. I guess it only features the title game?

El_Diablo
04-24-2013, 10:16 PM
That would be great!

I saw that version but was worried the quality was just as bad. I guess it only features the title game?

It has the title game and extended highlights from the semifinals. But yeah, it's standard definition and does not look great on the big screen...sorry!

BytheBeardofZou
04-24-2013, 10:28 PM
It has the title game and extended highlights from the semifinals. But yeah, it's standard definition and does not look great on the big screen...sorry!

Crap. Why would they bother releasing the game in such lame quality?

Oh well, I might still grab a copy on the cheap. Thanks for looking.

UrinalCake
04-25-2013, 01:15 PM
On a related note, I believe you can still buy a copy of the 82-50 game on iTunes for just a couple bucks. I have watched it many times. Unfortunately it doesn't include the halftime commentary, which was great.

HaveFunExpectToWin
04-25-2013, 02:05 PM
On a related note, I believe you can still buy a copy of the 82-50 game on iTunes for just a couple bucks. I have watched it many times. Unfortunately it doesn't include the halftime commentary, which was great.

I bought the 1998 UNC game a long time ago on iTunes and just recently purchased an Apple TV. I was pleasently surprised to find it was available to stream right out of the box.

BytheBeardofZou
04-25-2013, 02:39 PM

lol.

I'd rather watch the close games, or upsets. I need to check out iTunes.

UrinalCake
04-25-2013, 02:47 PM
I bought the 1998 UNC game a long time ago on iTunes and just recently purchased an Apple TV. I was pleasently surprised to find it was available to stream right out of the box.

I was at that 98 game and it was probably my favorite Duke game that I attended ever. Would be interesting to watch today and see how the actual game compares to my memory of it. Because I don't actually remember much 8-).

loran16
04-25-2013, 03:54 PM

Yep. Best 1.99 i ever spent. "Nolan Smith are you KIDDING ME?"

Merlindevildog91
04-25-2013, 04:06 PM

I love this video. I watch it in the gym when I'm having trouble getting motivated.

sagegrouse
04-25-2013, 04:41 PM
I was at that 98 game and it was probably my favorite Duke game that I attended ever. Would be interesting to watch today and see how the actual game compares to my memory of it. Because I don't actually remember much 8-).

Senior day in Cameron. Dickie V. even called it correctly. IIRC, he said, "UNC has more talent, but Duke has more depth and it's very hot this afternoon in Cameron." Boy, was it ever! The best game I attended at Duke in the past 25 years.

My favorite game ever at Duke was the Art Heyman-Larry Brown mashup in 1961.

My favorite Duke games ever are the two games in Minneapolis at the 2001 Final Four (down 22 to the Terps -- are you kidding me?) and the final in Indianapolis in 2010. I wasn't present in either 1991 or 1992 (although I was at McNichols in 1990 for loss to UNLV).

sagegrouse

BytheBeardofZou
04-25-2013, 04:57 PM
Senior day in Cameron. Dickie V. even called it correctly. IIRC, he said, "UNC has more talent, but Duke has more depth and it's very hot this afternoon in Cameron." Boy, was it ever! The best game I attended at Duke in the past 25 years.

My favorite game ever at Duke was the Art Heyman-Larry Brown mashup in 1961.

My favorite Duke games ever are the two games in Minneapolis at the 2001 Final Four (down 22 to the Terps -- are you kidding me?) and the final in Indianapolis in 2010. I wasn't present in either 1991 or 1992 (although I was at McNichols in 1990 for loss to UNLV).

sagegrouse

You brought up Maryland, who I still can't believe is leaving. I guess they really care about the rivalry, huh?

Funny how this upcoming season they get no Duke or UNC at home. Don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

I hope State enjoys their AD as much as Maryland did.