PDA

View Full Version : Lets go to Shane's house!!!!!!

DukeFanSince1990
04-22-2013, 07:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_iYsxc9xsY&feature=youtu.be

Merlindevildog91
04-22-2013, 08:45 PM
It's only weird if it doesn't work.

Devil in the Blue Dress
04-22-2013, 08:51 PM
It's only weird if it doesn't work.
I'm looking for the "like" button here...oh, that's right, like button is on Facebook!:cool:

roywhite
04-22-2013, 09:21 PM
hahaha

Sorry, Uncle Drew, thanks for the Pepsi, but I think I'm headed over to Shane's house.

brevity
04-23-2013, 01:07 AM
"Duff Man (http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Duffman) wants to party down with the man who kept the Miami Heat winning streak alive to bring me here today. I've got bottomless cases of Duff Light bottles for Shane Battier!"

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Shane is operating on an entirely different level than the rest of us.

sue71, esq
04-23-2013, 01:41 AM
Oh geez, where's Ozzie? He should be making an appearance in this thread very soon. :rolleyes:

Des Esseintes
04-23-2013, 02:29 AM
He doesn't seem 100% pleased with his undrinkable trove of terrible beer.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
04-23-2013, 06:19 AM
He doesn't seem 100% pleased with his undrinkable trove of terrible beer.

This. Though, you could drink the entire trailer of beer and then take the LSAT if needed.

Now, if he wants people to come over...

Fun concept though!

Go Shane!
Go Duke!

OldPhiKap
04-23-2013, 07:40 AM
I need to check he "Ymm, beer" thread to check devildeac's review of Bud Light.

I am doubting he has cellared a case for proper aging.

Mike Corey
04-23-2013, 08:13 AM
Oh geez, where's Ozzie? He should be making an appearance in this thread very soon. :rolleyes:

I think the appearance will be at Shane's house, not on this thread. ;)

sagegrouse
04-23-2013, 08:58 AM

Yep. It's Bud Light. But in the immortal words of Phineas T. Barnum, "There's no such thing as bad publicity." Way to go, Shane!

sagegrouse

OldPhiKap
04-23-2013, 09:04 AM
Yep. It's Bud Light. But in the immortal words of Phineas T. Barnum, "There's no such thing as bad publicity." Way to go, Shane!

sagegrouse

"And, um, after every game during the streak I enjoyed a fine single malt scotch or snifter of cognac. Anyone? Anyone?"

NovaScotian
04-23-2013, 09:26 AM
umm, how is the bigger story not that shane has been drinking before each game? is that healthy? think of how much more efficient he could be if he wasn't full of that watered down crap each game. also, how far back has he been doing this?

MCFinARL
04-23-2013, 09:31 AM
umm, how is the bigger story not that shane has been drinking before each game? is that healthy? think of how much more efficient he could be if he wasn't full of that watered down crap each game. also, how far back has he been doing this?

Well, it's one Bud Light--which is arguably not exactly "drinking." And he doesn't say how long before each game--could be two or three hours, in which case the effects would have worn off. But I agree it is interesting that no one has apparently focused on this yet.

moonpie23
04-23-2013, 09:40 AM
he could trade all that for s couple of cases of Newcastle

PSurprise
04-23-2013, 09:46 AM
Well, it's one Bud Light--which is arguably not exactly "drinking." And he doesn't say how long before each game--could be two or three hours, in which case the effects would have worn off. But I agree it is interesting that no one has apparently focused on this yet.

It could be 2-3 minutes and Shane wouldn't feel a thing. It's probably sooner than that because I've yet to see him have to use the bathroom during a game, which is what I think people who like to drink BL, Miller Light and others must like to do, because the only thing I get out of drinking those crappy beers are numerous trips to the bathroom. (Sorry for the run-on)

minns 10
04-23-2013, 01:42 PM
i want to know the story on how this ritual started

DukieInKansas
04-23-2013, 02:02 PM

We will hear from Ozzie when he arrives at Shane's house and enjoys a Bud Light or more.

DevilWearsPrada
04-23-2013, 02:56 PM
Love the Bud Light Video!!!!

Who's Your Daddy????? Battier!!!!!!!!!!:D

Time to Tailgate at Shane's House!!!!!!!!!!! OZZIE and CB&B, fire up the Grills!!!!!!

NSDukeFan
04-23-2013, 05:50 PM
Stay thirsty my friends

dball
04-23-2013, 08:34 PM

Shane doesn't drink before games. I believe this stemmed from his having the BL after each win during the streak.

NSDukeFan
04-23-2013, 08:58 PM
Shane doesn't drink before games. I believe this stemmed from his having the BL after each win during the streak.

I believe he does now.

OZZIE4DUKE
04-23-2013, 09:22 PM

We will hear from Ozzie when he arrives at Shane's house and enjoys a Bud Light or more.

I haven't had a Bud Light in 2+ years. I haven't had a New Castle Brown Ale since Sunday night, and a Yuengling since, oh, dinner tonight! :cool:

I believe I did review Bud Light on the Ymm! Beer thread about 4 years ago. Someone else can look it up! :cool:

Per the link on the Main Page:

Published on Apr 22, 2013
The wording of our original caption made a wrong implication. Shane does not drink any alcohol beverages before playing, and we apologize for our mistake.

BD80
04-23-2013, 09:29 PM
Stay thirsty my friends

OOOH! A real competition for the most interesting man alive!

My money is on Shane. He is real interesting, ... and real.

brevity
04-24-2013, 01:57 AM
OOOH! A real competition for the most interesting man alive!

I've already given BD80 a positive comment today, and then tried in vain 2 more times. Today. So in response to someone who's just killing it all over DBR...

(Start by opening up the background instrumental music in a separate window or tab. Click it here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-BKvCH-_BU) or copy and paste the URL below.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-BKvCH-_BU

He was named Mr. Basketball of Michigan after the governor tried to offer him the entire state, unsuccessfully.
He majored in religion so he could check out the competition.
He once spent an entire season speaking to the media without using clichés.
He made a second home in Earth's ionosphere, having already taken so many charges.
He compiled a Patrick Davidson list before Patrick Davidson was born.

Shane Battier is the NBA's Most Interesting Man.

"I do not always drink beer, but maybe I should, because I have a truckload of Bud Light at my house."

devildeac
04-24-2013, 08:21 AM

Not sure I ever did a review. Not sure I've ever had a budlite. If I had, it would be in the Ycch, Beer thread which is likely buried on page 500 (give or take 100) on the OTB. I'm not sure Ozzie drinks budlite any more. Duketaylor either. Their palates have been edjumacated and refined. Duketaylor is even growing his own hops now and brewing his own beer!

OZZIE4DUKE
04-24-2013, 08:31 AM
Not sure I ever did a review. Not sure I've ever had a budlite. If I had, it would be in the Ycch, Beer thread which is likely buried on page 500 (give or take 100) on the OTB. I'm not sure Ozzie drinks budlite any more. Duketaylor either. Their palates have been edjumacated and refined. Duketaylor is even growing his own hops now and brewing his own beer!
As of February DukeTaylor was still drinking Bud Light. I saw him do it, several times, while playing golf. :)

devildeac
04-24-2013, 08:35 AM
As of February DukeTaylor was still drinking Bud Light. I saw him do it, several times, while playing golf. :)

Dang, with all those posts on the Ymm, Beer thread about his conversations with brewers, farmers, distributors and home brewing, he's still swilling. :(

devildeac
04-24-2013, 08:39 AM
This. Though, you could drink the entire trailer of beer and then take the LSAT if needed.

Now, if he wants people to come over...

Fun concept though!

Go Shane!
Go Duke!

Wrong thread;). You wanted this one, one click over to the right near the top of any page on DBR and currently about 5 or 6 down the page:

http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?3840-Ymm-beer

:cool: