PDA

View Full Version : Louisville - Wichita St

g-money
04-06-2013, 06:53 PM
WSU hanging in there early by daring Louisville to shoot threes. Low scoring game but entertaining so far.

uh_no
04-06-2013, 06:59 PM
WSU hanging in there early by daring Louisville to shoot threes. Low scoring game but entertaining so far.

maybe i'm bitter, but all i see is witchita successfully packing it in, making louisville take threes, and successfully breaking the press.....why couldn't WE do that...grumble grumble

too bad it seems like their whole team will foul out....

sbroc012
04-06-2013, 07:11 PM
Why can Wichita make guarding that high pick and roll look so easy...that's what baffles me...why couldn't Duke do that...and Louisville can't shoot and that's no secret ...as a coach I would pack it in and if Smith and Siva beat me shooting the three ball I would happily shake their hands and congratulate them...cause chances are they aren't gonna do it over the long haul

uh_no
04-06-2013, 07:22 PM
Why can Wichita make guarding that high pick and roll look so easy...that's what baffles me...why couldn't Duke do that...and Louisville can't shoot and that's no secret ...as a coach I would pack it in and if Smith and Siva beat me shooting the three ball I would happily shake their hands and congratulate them...cause chances are they aren't gonna do it over the long haul

there are a few things: they are going under screens when it gets tight around the ball, avoiding the situaiton where the primary gets screened and the secondary guy gets "caught up"....because the primary has slipped

when they do switch, their center is much more adept at shifting in to help than was mason...further the other couple of defenders collapse, so there is no easy dump off....and that leaves guys open to hit threes, and louisville is having to shoot threes...nothing is coming easy

1 24 90
04-06-2013, 07:44 PM
Is it too early to start the campaign to get Gregg Marshall to replace Coach K when the time comes? After all, he's the hot mid major coach now. :p

Chris Randolph
04-06-2013, 07:46 PM
Play off on the perimeter and body up inside the 3 pt line. WSU is goin under the screen to recover, then when smith/siva get below the 3 pt line they body them up. Very good scheme and execution

uh_no
04-06-2013, 07:48 PM
Play off on the perimeter and body up inside the 3 pt line. WSU is goin under the screen to recover, then when smith/siva get below the 3 pt line they body them up. Very good scheme and execution

you'll see when the guards get in the lane, there are three bodies there, the center, and the two weak side defenders all drop in, so the primary and help on the strong side...doesn't matter if they get beat

Chris Randolph
04-06-2013, 07:58 PM
Rick Pitino must be thinking: "Really? Get back the next year and lose to the Shockers!?" Haha.

ChrisP
04-06-2013, 08:04 PM
Wow, where were all these whistles in our game? I bet Seth & Sheed must be wondering the same thing!

sbroc012
04-06-2013, 08:16 PM
Wow, where were all these whistles in our game? I bet Seth & Sheed must be wondering the same thing!

I was thinking the same thing...been called really tight tonight

ChrisP
04-06-2013, 08:20 PM
I honestly thought this would be an easy game for Louisville but gotta give Wich St credit. Wouldn't mind seeing the upset!

dukelifer
04-06-2013, 08:21 PM
Rick Pitino must be thinking: "Really? Get back the next year and lose to the Shockers!?" Haha.

Not going to happen. They came back with their bench hitting threes and driving left handed layups. Louisville has the bball gods working for them.

rsvman
04-06-2013, 08:23 PM
Still anybody's game

ChrisP
04-06-2013, 08:27 PM
Ridiculous production from Louisville's bench + total panic from Wichita St = probable natty for Pitino

rsvman
04-06-2013, 08:37 PM
Epically bad call

AtlBluRew
04-06-2013, 08:38 PM
That held ball call on Baker/Hancock was too quick. Pulling for Louisville, but that call was too quick.

ChrisP
04-06-2013, 08:38 PM
Man, what a lucky break for Louisville on that alternating possession rule! Ugh, I hate that rule!

sbroc012
04-06-2013, 08:40 PM
Refs gave that game at the end to them...reffing in this tourney has been suspect at best...feel bad for WSU...any opportunity they had was taken from them at the end

ns7
04-06-2013, 08:41 PM
That held ball call on Baker/Hancock was too quick. Pulling for Louisville, but that call was too quick.

It was a terrible call. I can't even imagine the uproar if we had been the beneficiary of a call like that

uh_no
Epically bad call

Art. 1. A held ball occurs when an opponent places his or her hand(s):
a. So firmly on the ball that control cannot be obtained without undue
roughness; or

its refs discretion....he had to do a pretty violent turn to get the UL guy off the ball...so it may have even been the right call...50/50 at worst, and I'm not sure you can fault the ref....the guy hot his hands on the ball.

dukelifer
Ridiculous production from Louisville's bench + total panic from Wichita St = probable natty for Pitino

Yep- their guards won't have two bad games in a row. Louisville will win it going away. It is their year.

ns7
04-06-2013, 08:44 PM
its refs discretion....he had to do a pretty violent turn to get the UL guy off the ball...so it may have even been the right call...50/50 at worst, and I'm not sure you can fault the ref....the guy hot his hands on the ball.

It looked like a reach in to me since he got arm also. I'll have to look again.

sbroc012
04-06-2013, 08:45 PM
How come there was no review when baker got smacked in the head on that supposed double foul? Talk about inconsistency

uh_no
04-06-2013, 08:46 PM

yeah, i think any of no-call, jump-ball, reach could have been called....the WSU guy's back was to the ref, probably partially blocking his view....to be fair, in real time, I thought it was a jump ball

on the replay, the UL guy did have his hands on it, and the WSU guy had to regrip and rip it away....that's a jump ball 100%

kinsman_bob
04-06-2013, 08:50 PM
At about 6 minutes to go, the way the game was called changed to advantage UL. At that point, it began to look like the officiating in the Duke/UL game. The 'jump ball' call was horrible as was the double foul. It looked to me that the UL player hit the WSU player in the face. Where was the officials review??? WSU got hosed.

sagegrouse
04-06-2013, 08:55 PM

How come there was no review when baker got smacked in the head on that supposed double foul? Talk about inconsistency

I thought it was a "Play on!" in the last ten seconds of the game. -- sagegrouse

_Gary
04-06-2013, 09:01 PM
I thought it was a "Play on!" in the last ten seconds of the game. -- sagegrouse

Yep, too quick of a whistle for sure. Louisville definitely got the better of the foul calls during the last 5 or so minutes of the game. No doubt about that in my mind.

Chris Randolph
04-06-2013, 09:05 PM
Great game to watch. After seeing a different angle, that was a good call on the jump ball but a play on would have been best. WSU lost the game because that Lville walk on canned two huge 3s and the Shox had a stretch of 3-5 minutes where they turned it over too much

mgtr
04-06-2013, 09:29 PM
I sure wish we could have played tonight's Louisville team. Congrats to Wichita State for a great effort.

rsvman
04-06-2013, 09:31 PM
The so-called double foul was at least a flagrant 1

Chris Randolph
04-06-2013, 09:32 PM
I sure wish we could have played tonight's Louisville team. Congrats to Wichita State for a great effort.

We did. Wichita State is that good defensively and rebounding

AtlBluRew
04-06-2013, 09:38 PM
It was a terrible call. I can't even imagine the uproar if we had been the beneficiary of a call like that

You are so right!

dukelifer
04-06-2013, 10:07 PM
Yep- their guards won't have two bad games in a row. Louisville will win it going away. It is their year.

Hmmm. Michigan is looking pretty stout

Cameron
04-06-2013, 10:45 PM
You really have to tip your hat to Rick Pitino's team. What a season. They kick the year off by beating Florida to win the Sugar Bowl and are now playing for the national championship. Oh wait, it just looks like they are playing football.

Keys to beating Louisville's full-court press.

1. Wear a helmet.
2. Try not to get killed.

The incessant hand checking and body bumping in that game was outlandish and it was very sad to watch. I hate that team and hope they get their ----- handed to them on Monday night. I think several Wichita State players were physically assaulted. Just unreal.

dr.ed
04-06-2013, 11:03 PM
You are so right!

I agree. Yes he got his handson the ball; After he fouled him on the shoulder !

KenTankerous
04-06-2013, 11:35 PM
y'all think the game was violent? you should be here for the party. i was on campus right after the game. multiple gunshots, lots of screeching tires, horn blowing, too many screaming rednecks to count, and then leaving campus, i have to pull over for four ambulances, three fire trucks, four police cars racing to peoples aid. three helicopters overhead, and one landed.

i have been in some ugly police attracticing activism in my life but have never had a copter land.

i could not get out of there quick enough.

thugs

welcome your newest acc members.

y'all are gonna love the yum center

Cameron
04-07-2013, 12:08 AM
y'all think the game was violent? you should be here for the party. i was on campus right after the game. multiple gunshots, lots of screeching tires, horn blowing, too many screaming rednecks to count, and then leaving campus, i have to pull over for four ambulances, three fire trucks, four police cars racing to peoples aid. three helicopters overhead, and one landed.

i have been in some ugly police attracticing activism in my life but have never had a copter land.

thugs

Are you advising to not attend a game at the Yum Center dressed like a blue crayon?

Damn. I was hoping to catch a game there year-to-year since it's a straight shot down Interstate 75, but I'm not going to risk my life. I've been around Maryland fans. I won't do it again.

KenTankerous
04-07-2013, 12:22 AM
no cameron, i think you will love the yum center, nestled on the river, great restaurants all around, the brown hotel and seelbach within walking distance. just carry a black jacket to cover up all the blue when traveling to and from the stadium. you know, for public safety and all...

Cameron
04-07-2013, 12:48 AM
no cameron, i think you will love the yum center, nestled on the river, great restaurants all around, the brown hotel and seelbach within walking distance. just carry a black jacket to cover up all the blue when traveling to and from the stadium. you know, for public safety and all...

Thanks for the heads up. My sister will be thrilled when I tell her that, if we disguise ourselves on the way to the arena, our odds of being stabbed are relatively slim.

KenTankerous
04-07-2013, 12:54 AM
Thanks for the heads up. My sister will be thrilled when I tell her that, if we disguise ourselves on the way to the arena, our odds of being stabbed are relatively slim.

stabbed! really? stabbed, what are we midevil here.

we got 9's with 17mags here. it aint big but it is still the city.

but yeah cover that blue

devildeac
04-07-2013, 08:00 AM

thugs

After reading your first paragraph, I was wondering what you were doing in College Park last PM. Glad you clarified it with your last sentence. Whew!

Here is a Turtle
04-08-2013, 01:28 PM

thugs

I thought we were bad. We live without the gunshots and rednecks. We get police and horses instead. Guess Louisville is a great replacement after all.