PDA

View Full Version : Duke Dads

PallasAthena
04-05-2013, 09:25 PM
Tonight on WRAL. Beautiful piece - makes me appreciate even more our seniors and their families!

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/duke-dads-reflect-on-sons-college-careers/12310931/

fitimi1
04-06-2013, 10:26 AM
How about following up with the Moms?

Native
04-06-2013, 04:57 PM
How about following up with the Moms?

*Cough* Sonya *Cough*

MCFinARL
04-07-2013, 09:23 AM
Did anyone else watching this video have the reaction I did--that the physical resemblances were so clear it was almost like watching a future 25th reunion of Ryan, Seth and Mason? (Del is obviously a lot bigger than Seth but there is a facial resemblance.)

gep
04-08-2013, 03:18 AM
Well... Mr. Plumlee and Mr. Curry were both extensively shown on the game broadcasts... but I don't recall seeing Mr. Kelly... or I just missed him. But, to me, Mr. Kelly has the most striking resemblance to his son. Very interesting... And I like the thought of at 25th year reunion of Ryan, Mason, and Seth. Someone should keep a photo of the 3 dads... and compare that to 25 years from now. I "heard" that kids look more like their parents as they get older... :cool:

TruBlu
04-08-2013, 06:37 AM
I "heard" that kids look more like their parents as they get older... :cool:

Thanks, you just caused a severe case of depression for my son.

westwall
04-08-2013, 08:20 AM
Well... Mr. Plumlee and Mr. Curry were both extensively shown on the game broadcasts... but I don't recall seeing Mr. Kelly... or I just missed him. But, to me, Mr. Kelly has the most striking resemblance to his son. Very interesting... And I like the thought of at 25th year reunion of Ryan, Mason, and Seth. Someone should keep a photo of the 3 dads... and compare that to 25 years from now. I "heard" that kids look more like their parents as they get older... :cool:

The only game at which I saw Kelly's father (including Maui last year) was the senior night game with VaTech. Kelley's grandmother and mother attended many games.

MCFinARL
04-08-2013, 08:23 AM

Yeah, I "heard" that in my mirror.

You're right, I had seen Mr. Plumlee and Mr. Curry many times before--but for some reason getting an extended look at Mr. Curry instead of the quick glimpse next to Sonya ;) helped me see the resemblance more. And this was the first time I had seen Mr. Kelly.