PDA

View Full Version : Contacting Louisville About Kevin Ware

duke96
04-01-2013, 09:11 AM
I thought it might make sense to put up a thread in case anyone missed the link in the DBR post-game article put up this morning.

From the article: "We’d like to suggest that Duke fans, or anyone really, take a moment to drop him a line of support. We expect Kenny Klein, the AD/SID for Men’s Basketball, wouldn’t mind forwarding mail. His address is kenny.klein@louisville.edu"

I thought this was an exceptionally good idea and an opportunity for the Duke community to demonstrate our sportsmanship, empathy, and love for the overall game. Just sent my email. I hope they receive many.

OldPhiKap
04-01-2013, 09:24 AM
Just sent this:

Mr. Klien, I am as much of a dyed-in-the-wool Duke fan as you could ever meet. I was a student there in 1986, when Louisville beat us for its last national championship. I was pulling for my team as hard as I could yesterday.

I am writing for two reasons. First, of course, to congratulate Louisville on an impressive win in a very good game. But you don’t need a Duke fan to tell you that. The main reason I am writing is to let you know that many of us in the Duke community were horrified at seeing the injury to Kevin Ware, and to let him know that we are praying for a quick and full recovery. As competitive as we all are, no one likes to see a player get hurt. Please let him know that the Duke community I know are behind him.

Congratulations again to your team, Coach Pitino, and the Louisville community. We look forward to many great games in all of our sports when you join the ACC!

Regards (and Go Duke) -- (OPK)

Native
04-01-2013, 09:35 AM
Just sent mine:

Mr. Klein,

My name is [Native]— I'm a current Duke student and probably one of the more extreme versions of the Cameron Crazies you'll come across.

I'm writing you to congratulate the Cards on a great victory yesterday, but more importantly to send my thoughts and prayers to Kevin Ware. I truly hope that he will get well as soon as possible, and from the looks of it, he has a group of great teammates, coaches, and fans as well as a great university and athletic department behind him as he starts his road to recovery.

Some things are bigger than the game of basketball, and this is certainly one of them. I hope Kevin knows that there are millions of people out there rooting for him now, and few are pulling harder for him to make a full recovery than those of us at Duke.

Congratulations again, and good luck in the Final Four!

Best Wishes,

[Native]
Duke University '15

AsiaMinor
04-01-2013, 04:36 PM
Sent. And thank you for getting that address.

rsvman
04-01-2013, 05:07 PM
I sent a very short note, as well. Thanks for providing the address.